News Ciraldo interview

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe a hybrid role like Manu. Defend at centre but switch to fullback in good attacking positions.

Our edge defence last year was diabolical so he definitely should defend there.

People have got to remember how much the cap has gone up. Elite centres get $800k these days. So do back rowers.

Even friggen wingers get $500k
Exactly it’s just a common thing these days through a lot of teams except Penrith which is due to them being so young and the junior tax etc

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fun fact:

I've represented my local diocese and state in both swimming and athletics competing in the disability division due to my condition.
How good did you feel representing your state?

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah tough one.

His big opportunity to become a Kargaroo and gain much needed big match experience (which also helps the club).

On the other hand the delayed foot surgery buggered up his prep for 2023 season and the club suffered and lost out.
I hope the parties involved learn from this experience and recognise when to and when not to bring a player in despite the outside noises. We should have players to cover in and own the position if 'key players' are missing or not ready to win their positions back rather than instantly reoccupying, whoever it is, even if it's AFB in future.
Clear communication will help remove that outside noise, keeping the media and us fans in the know rather than speculations... Also winning would keep the outside noise quite too.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You need help ya dickhead. I have never had issues with you before today but you must of hit your head or something. Sit down in a quite place and self reflect on your un-necessary rudeness..
Don’t worry about him bro his always been like that little spoiled kid that will have tantrums if things don’t go his way.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t worry about him bro his always been like that little spoiled kid that will have tantrums if things don’t go his way.
Water off a ducks back mate. I have had plenty of chats with him over the years both positive and differing. But something must have crawled up his arse today.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow very interesting chat, took a lot out of that!

- Crichton back at training today a month early, leadership mentality (keen to see him in the kit)
- Sounds like Crichton will start the year at centre from CC and Reynolds comments.
- Burton put on notice for his spot at 5/8 has to earn it in preseason, Tracey sounds like centre depending on how Burton goes in preseason.
- CC spoke VERY highly of Luai, sounds like there is some smoke there boys for him to play Halfback....
- 1 spot still available for 2023 with money to spend for 'quality players'
- Kurt Mann got a few praising comments from CC (underrated signing)
- Big emphasis on defensive structures in the preseason with the players from 'winning systems'
- Sounds like the captaincy could potentially be different in 2024, non committal on who the leader within the club is.

Excited for 2024 Boys! Would love to grab a prop if we could but sounds like some awesome talent coming through the grades too
I don't mind captaincy going to a centre these days aye, wingers are usually far from half the action while forwards are usually interchanging. Spine should be communicating as is so it's good having an experienced communicating centre as captain. They get to see and be on field a lot.
Think the mindset getting Burton captain was to push him to communicate, take responsibility, etc but he needs to focus on his game

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok well the plan is clear now with our signings and it actually makes a lot of sense imo. Looks like we’ve learnt from last year with our lack of depth and how stretched and tired our squad became and we’ve recruited well in areas we could with whats on the market.
Except Prop.