News Ciraldo interview

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think its ludicrous to twerk for Crichton being a beast at CENTRE (deserved) in an interview than go and still contemplate & nor shutdown the FB debacle. I just think its a waste of time trialing him at FB and its better for team moral for him to play centre to help out our weak defense in the backs that we saw last year. This Tracey signing is our possible walmart Dylan Edwards like FB and I hope they see what I see in him becoming that type of FB for us

Malla

Reaction score
I've played far more sport than any of you bums on here, I can guarantee that. I played sport literally 24/7 growing up until I couldn't. Represented state and country before (doesn't mean much at youth level) and played rep football for years. Don't hit me with the "have you played sport" nonsense. You don't know my fucking story.
If you haven't played any sports you aren't meant to comment apparently

Malla

Reaction score
I think its ludicrous to twerk for Crichton being a beast at CENTRE (deserved) in an interview than go and still contemplate & nor shutdown the FB debacle. I just think its a waste of time trialing him at FB and its better for team moral for him to play centre to help out our weak defense in the backs that we saw last year. This Tracey signing is our possible walmart Dylan Edwards like FB and I hope they see what I see in him becoming that type of FB for us
Well said. Agreed!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get skipping surgery to play your rep debut although I don’t really agree with that call at the time considering the club and himself really needed a whole collecting bunch of our leaders and good players to really knuckle down in pre season but whatever. Skipping his surgery to have that holiday tho I don’t think I can get around whatsoever. Poor move and it backfired so much. He might pay for it himself so this is all a Burton thing not a coaching or team issue. Burton’s year this year was a whole reflection off of himself and his play which has me very concerned because he was probably our worst player throughout the year and his effort and care factor levels in games were fucking disgusting and pathetic

Malla

Reaction score
I get skipping surgery to play your rep debut although I don’t really agree with that call at the time considering the club and himself really needed a whole collecting bunch of our leaders and good players to really knuckle down in pre season but whatever. Skipping his surgery to have that holiday tho I don’t think I can get around whatsoever. Poor move and it backfired so much. He might pay for it himself so this is all a Burton thing not a coaching or team issue. Burton’s year this year was a whole reflection off of himself and his play which has me very concerned because he was probably our worst player throughout the year and his effort and care factor levels in games were fucking disgusting and pathetic
Very well said!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton bashing, it's getting contagious, all the lemmings playing follow the leader.

FMD, just kicks blah blah blah. Bullshit! Burton scored 4 tries, not enough but not nothing. Managed 16 try assists, that's more than Munster and more than Luai, same as Dylan Brown and 1 less than Reynolds. Same number of line breaks as Cleary, Tino, Manu, NAS, etc. More line break assists than Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Grant, Hammer, Dearden, Townsend etc.

In our team he is heavily marked, we don't have many other quality players that take the opposition's attention aways from him. It's rather amazing that he has the same numbar of lines breaks as Cleary and Manu who have quality players around them to attract the opposition defence. More try assists than Munster, FMD considering the quality players Munster has around him to score the tries that he is assisting.

Can Burton do more, hell yes, but saying he does nothing but put up a bomb on the 5th is just nonsense.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you haven't played any sports you aren't meant to comment apparently
Who said just sports?? I said sport or past times but it could be anything where you are invited to participate at a higher level. The best coaches are not always the best players and visa versa and I wasnt buying into the Burton argument other than why it was so important to Marley that Burton should have turned down rep honours because of an injury.

Unfortunately somebody is baked out of thier head today and just looking to sling "general shit" at anyone that says anything remotely agianst his grain..

Malla

Reaction score
Who said just sports?? I said sport or past times but it could be anything where you are invited to participate at a higher level. The best coaches are not always the best players and visa versa and I wasnt buying into the Burton argument other than why it was so important to Marley that Burton should have turned down rep honours because of an injury.

Unfortunately somebody is baked out of thier head today and just looking to sling "general shit" at anyone that says anything remotely agianst his grain..
Ahh yeah ok.. true

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to be trialed at fullback. We are paying him over 900k. U cant get value out of that from someone playing centre no matter how good they are at it. Needs to trial at fb and hopefully excel at fullback in order to be a chance of getting any return on investment

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've played far more sport than any of you bums on here, I can guarantee that. I played sport literally 24/7 growing up until I couldn't. Represented state and country before (doesn't mean much at youth level) and played rep football for years. Don't hit me with the "have you played sport" nonsense. You don't know my fucking story.
I certainly dont doubt your background. Its v easy to see on here whos had some real life exposure to high performance sport and who hasnt

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He needs to be trialed at fullback. We are paying him over 900k. U cant get value out of that from someone playing centre no matter how good they are at it. Needs to trial at fb and hopefully excel at fullback in order to be a chance of getting any return on investment
I think that figure is wrong. Good defensive minded outside backs are a rarity to find so that alone brings solid value. Is it enough to 800k +? Probably not but I still see the value he brings at centre regardless of that contract. He’s also single handedly been a proven clutch player in some huge moments in games throughout his career which also brings great value

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton bashing, it's getting contagious, all the lemmings playing follow the leader.

FMD, just kicks blah blah blah. Bullshit! Burton scored 4 tries, not enough but not nothing. Managed 16 try assists, that's more than Munster and more than Luai, same as Dylan Brown and 1 less than Reynolds. Same number of line breaks as Cleary, Tino, Manu, NAS, etc. More line break assists than Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Grant, Hammer, Dearden, Townsend etc.

In our team he is heavily marked, we don't have many other quality players that take the opposition's attention aways from him. It's rather amazing that he has the same numbar of lines breaks as Cleary and Manu who have quality players around them to attract the opposition defence. More try assists than Munster, FMD considering the quality players Munster has around him to score the tries that he is assisting.

Can Burton do more, hell yes, but saying he does nothing but put up a bomb on the 5th is just nonsense.

Always a Bulldog
These stats have nothing to do with what we criticize Burton for

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
1701835847398.jpeg

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I certainly dont doubt your background. Its v easy to see on here whos had some real life exposure to high performance sport and who hasnt
Yay!! Marley has his own they/them/youse/sheep/bums to play with..:tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that figure is wrong. Good defensive minded outside backs are a rarity to find so that alone brings solid value. Is it enough to 800k +? Probably not but I still see the value he brings at centre regardless of that contract. He’s also single handedly been a proven clutch player in some huge moments in games throughout his career which also brings great value
Maybe a hybrid role like Manu. Defend at centre but switch to fullback in good attacking positions.

Our edge defence last year was diabolical so he definitely should defend there.

People have got to remember how much the cap has gone up. Elite centres get $800k these days. So do back rowers.

Even friggen wingers get $500k