Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to chill the fuck out
Out of the 3 games hoppa was out we won 2 and lost 1

We were the better team for 60 minutes
It wasn't an issue of closing out the game we got tired & lacked go forward, Kas was a huge reason for it as he usually saves our ass in the last 20 by getting us going forward when Graham and Tolman start to tire

7 players have had between 0-20 first grade games
RFM
Garvery
Smith
Holland
Phillips
Elliot
Fualo

Our bench other than Kasiano was so new to first grade it wasn't even funny

Of course they ran out of puff you don't see young players come out and have huge motors and dominate in the forwards it takes years before they get used to the pace of the game, single exception in recent memory is Klemmer

We picked the best possible team

Some blokes need a while before they are up to first grade week in and week out
Elliot
Garvey
Phillips
Holland

All looked spooked

Doesn't help the backline when perrett is playing shit again at the moment the guy has biopolar, has some amazing games and some that are garbage
He left poor holland to tackle Soliola one on one 10ms out from the line

If we can plod along and keep around 5th till after origin and get bmoz back and get some players into some form we will be hard to beat in the finals

People forget we are a different team in the finals with the exception of last year when we had too many players out

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
think you just to need shut the fuck up lol

if I hear we were the better team for 60 mins i'll punch someone in the face..... league is an 80 minute game people and the only ting that matters is who wins at the end

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

if I hear we were the better team for 60 mins i'll punch someone in the face..... league is an 80 minute game people and the only ting that matters is who wins at the end
You are quite an angry fella. Fair enough to get upset but violence is not the answer...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I wasn't serious..... Just replying to the post telling people to chill the fuck out

Seriously some people on here even if we lost every game would be on here every week saying "it's only one game", "we won the coin toss", "we were the better team in the 5th, 12th, 31st & 32nd minutes", "Des is keeping us under the radar"

Shit it appears some on here are either planted on here by the clubs PR team or believe every bullshit excuse they are fed by the club and they can't think for themselves

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

OP is 100% right.
The team got tired, it was expected. We weren't even favorites.
I've been very critical of the team this year, but not for Sunday's performance. We've played waaay worse than that this year.
The boys had a real go. Dominated for a large period. Got understandably fatigued and were run down.
No shame in that IMO.
I've no doubt, we'd have smoked the raiders with our full side.
Remember, the Broncos and Cowboys got beat by shitter teams than the raiders this week.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des has been chilling out since 2012, so relax guys, a premiership is coming soon in 2025...

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what he says but it continues a worrying trend of falling in a heap in the second half. As I stated in the post I created I feel we lost the game and a few others this season on an account of the way our bench has been used. We have only finished strongly in one game this year which was the Panthers game. Even against manly and Souths and the Roosters we did bugged all in the second half and in fact probably went close to loosing those halts.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a trend in the way we play. I called that the Raiders would score just before half time, and run away in the final 20. It's because the same thing happens time and again. Yes, we were under strength and the team was shuffled around; but we do the same capitulation, and play the same predictable, uninspiring football week after week. The Dogs cannot concentrate for the full 80. if they run up a few quick tries, they then try to defend the lead, handing possession to their opposition and tackling themselves out of the game. Cronulla will be a revelation if we can manage a win, and I will be the first to say chill out.

ehedges

Waterboy
Reaction score

So true, we should have been the better team for 80 minutes. The fact is the first half was ours, and again we give it away! [emoji45]

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I was pissed off with the loss after leading 20-10 we had the minor problem of being minus six players. Namely Hoppa, BMoz, JMoz, Jacko, Klem and Sam. Okay, Sam started but I don't rate playing 15 mins then out injurd as being there. The She Rex absence is not included.

I think how we go in Round 13 against the Sharks will give us a pretty fair idea of where we will finish this season. Its a big ask, but shutting down Ennis the Mennis would give us a huge advantage.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a trend in the way we play. I called that the Raiders would score just before half time, and run away in the final 20. It's because the same thing happens time and again. Yes, we were under strength and the team was shuffled around; but we do the same capitulation, and play the same predictable, uninspiring football week after week. The Dogs cannot concentrate for the full 80. if they run up a few quick tries, they then try to defend the lead, handing possession to their opposition and tackling themselves out of the game. Cronulla will be a revelation if we can manage a win, and I will be the first to say chill out.
Massive trend unfortunately. Cronulla will blitz us if we go to sleep like that.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Cool story

can u break it down and tell me how Red Bull stuffed up the pit stop at Monaco ?

daniel was good for 45 laps too

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So true, we should have been the better team for 80 minutes. The fact is the first half was ours, and again we give it away! [emoji45]
The problem is we dominate large parts of the game but fail to put on points to break the oppositions hearts to then just roll home

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
14-10 at half time was ridiculous, should have been close to 20 in front with the dominance we had, no way they would come back from that

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
the way we have been fading out of games especially the last 20 has me interested to see if the cowboys will blow us off the park because they excel in the last 20 better then any team in a long long time.

they are resting their best starters before halftime and bringing them back in the 50-60 minute to ice the game.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weve been told to chill out , its early days since Rd 1 2013

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des has fucked up with player selections simple as that. Too many rookies we are the blue n white tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.