Cheerleaders = Re-assigned to other duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aussie halal meat isn't killed in Indo surely.
No it's not. I just find it upsetting, and abit hypocritical. I've worked in an abbitoir. We had to shut down when halal is processed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. It means anything that is permissible under Islamic law. When it comes to food it is very specific.
Cheers. Yh ill always remember when i was back at school some kid accidently ate them bacon flavoured shapes. When he found out it was bacon he started gagging himself and prayed for the next 2 periods.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
N

Natboy

Interesting. I can understand that, I am sure a lot of them are in it for the dancing.

Are they paid by the club? I always wondered if it was a job or a volunteer kind of situation.
I've always thought they were all dancers who were contracted out and paid a little bit but not heaps

Sorry but that shapes story made me laugh haha

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maccas that have Halal menus usually microwave their bacon to prevent it coming in contact with the beef.

I won't eat Halal meat because of the way the animal is slaughtered, which is by cutting it's throat while it is conscious. This is a very inhumane way to kill an animal. The method actually requires them not to sever the spinal cord in the process so the animal feels the full pain of it before they bleed to death.
No it's not. I just find it upsetting, and abit hypocritical. I've worked in an abbitoir. We had to shut down when halal is processed.

A team at the university of Hannover in Germany examined these inhumane claims through the use of EEG and ECG records during slaughter. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull of all the animals used in the experiment and they were then allowed to recover for several weeks. Some of the animals were subsequently slaughtered the halal way by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides together with the trachea and esophagus but leaving the spinal cord intact. The remainder were stunned before slaughter using a captive bolt pistol method as is customary in Western slaughterhouses. The EEG and ECG recordings allowed to monitor the condition of the brain and heart throughout.

With the halal method of slaughter, there was not change in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision was made, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself. The following three seconds were characterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about by the draining of large quantities of blood from the body. Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading, indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and the body convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is this phase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that the animal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensual messages.

Using the Western method, the animals were apparently unconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be much more peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe pain immediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases to feel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, to put it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of the heart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightly convulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in the meat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to the efficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier to dispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Appearances can deceive not all is what it seems, then. Those who want to arguing for a humane method of killing animals for food, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those of the animals on whose behalf they appear to speak. The stunning method makes mass butchery easier and looks more palatable for the consumer who can deceive himself that the animal did not feel any pain when he goes to buy his cleanly wrapped parcel of meat from the supermarket. Islamic slaughter, on the other hand, does not try to deny that meat consumption means that animals have to die, but is designed to ensure that their loss of life is achieved with a minimum amount of pain.

http://arshadmajid.hubpages.com/hub/Halal-Meat
http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/an/an_slaughter.htm
http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2010/sep/20/halal-meat-the-truth

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
You can rearrange 'halal' to spell 'Allah'.

That's pretty much all I have to add. Thank you.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time for some pics of Belles

Click for MASSIVE

Fark, those twins = my fantasy

Christina i have known for too long and was seeing are a long time ago when we were both 16

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers. Yh ill always remember when i was back at school some kid accidently ate them bacon flavoured shapes. When he found out it was bacon he started gagging himself and prayed for the next 2 periods.
The funny thing is that there probably wasn't even a trace of real bacon in those shapes.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The heads on those twins are pretty average TBH.. The way some of you were carrying on I expected a lot better...

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry if i offend anyone by this but who gives a F**k about halal meat and bacon lets talk cheerleaders

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The heads on those twins are pretty average TBH.. The way some of you were carrying on I expected a lot better...
Mate when the lights off who cares what the head looks like

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A team at the university of Hannover in Germany examined these inhumane claims through the use of EEG and ECG records during slaughter. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull of all the animals used in the experiment and they were then allowed to recover for several weeks. Some of the animals were subsequently slaughtered the halal way by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides together with the trachea and esophagus but leaving the spinal cord intact. The remainder were stunned before slaughter using a captive bolt pistol method as is customary in Western slaughterhouses. The EEG and ECG recordings allowed to monitor the condition of the brain and heart throughout.

With the halal method of slaughter, there was not change in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision was made, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself. The following three seconds were characterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about by the draining of large quantities of blood from the body. Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading, indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and the body convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is this phase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that the animal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensual messages.

Using the Western method, the animals were apparently unconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be much more peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe pain immediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases to feel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, to put it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of the heart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightly convulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in the meat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to the efficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier to dispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Appearances can deceive not all is what it seems, then. Those who want to arguing for a humane method of killing animals for food, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those of the animals on whose behalf they appear to speak. The stunning method makes mass butchery easier and looks more palatable for the consumer who can deceive himself that the animal did not feel any pain when he goes to buy his cleanly wrapped parcel of meat from the supermarket. Islamic slaughter, on the other hand, does not try to deny that meat consumption means that animals have to die, but is designed to ensure that their loss of life is achieved with a minimum amount of pain.

That was based on a study from 1978. More recent studies with more recent technology usually show that the there is some level of pain.

http://www.grandin.com/ritual/slaughter.without.stunning.causes.pain.html

Or to quote the Panel of Animal Health Welfare:

'The animals which are slaughtered have systems for detecting and feeling pain and, as a result of the cut and the blood loss, if not stunned, their welfare will be poor because of pain, fear and other adverse effects. The cuts which are used in order that rapid bleeding occurs involve substantial tissue damage in areas well supplied with pain receptors. The rapid decrease in blood pressure which follows the blood loss is readily detected by the conscious animal and elicits fear and panic. Poor welfare also results when conscious animals inhale blood because of bleeding into the trachea. Without stunning, the time between cutting through the major blood vessels and insensibility, as deduced from behavioural and brain response, is up to 20 seconds in sheep, up to 25 seconds in pigs, up to 2 minutes in cattle, up to 2.5 or more minutes in poultry, and sometimes 15 minutes or more in fish.'
Published in 'The EFSA Journal' (2004), 45, 1-29]

But in the end it's the treatment before slaughter which is usually the problem. Fortunately Australian abattoirs both Halal and non-Halal have a much better treatment of livestock than what you get overseas.

I wonder what the Belles would think if they looked at the cheerleader thread and just saw discussions about animal slaughter.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, if anyone has actually eaten Maccas bacon, they shouldn't be complaining about it not being there. It's like slightly flavoured cardboard.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I saw 4 poles in a line. I then saw four animals tied to each pole. Then I saw a ceremony and the animal eventually slaughted. They then moved to the next one. They did the same thing.

By the time they got to the last one, its eyeballs where popping out of its head in fear. The poor thing was sweating profusely and trembling in terror.

Im sorry TG but I may not be educated, I mean I'm just a labourer, but I'm compassionate.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why dont animal lovers protest a lion for eating its prey alive tbh, there is no humane way to kill animals only levels of humane

for example throwing animals into a meat grinder is not humane

and also if christmas is getting banned then i think it caters to a growing majority of people who dont really believe in the story of the god being in the sky watching us intently

Status
Not open for further replies.