Chasing Luai

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No reason we can’t play 2 x “5/8’s” in the halves, Melbourne do it with Hughes & Munster, Cronulla do it with Hynes & Moylan, the Chooks do it with Keary & Walker. Half the teams in the NRL have “traditional” 5/8‘s playing halfback. The game these days in many ways suites it.

Always a Bulldog
Sam Walker is not a 6. He's an old school 7. Keary is more a 7 than a 6 also.

Hynes & Moylan wont ever win a GF. That's why their coach dropped Moylan.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can see Luai to Dogs and Burton back to Penrith. If we go after Luai, it’s for 6 and I can’t see us keeping Burton to play 7 or Centre.
This seems a real possibility? and wouldnt be a complete surprise? Burton's demeanour is so flat lately. He looks like he wants out and would probably be interested in going back to pennies. We gonna have to chip in yet again tho if true.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Luai is a elite level half. A lot of what I see him do is off the cuff, which is okay, but he lacks any real consistency. He just seems to skip along and do goose steps
I'd like to see Luai at 6, Ben Hunt at 7 and Burton can fight Crighton and Xerri for a centre spot with Taaffe at the back.

We don't need anything spectacular in the middle. Just guys who can tackle effectively, conserve their energy levels and work together.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Luai is worth 800k a season but he isn't leaving the Panthers unless he gets over a million a season. Pointless us worrying about it because he ain't joining.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we need a controlling half more but Luai in the halves makes us a lot better side, he has heaps of try assists and knows how to feed an edge player like Kikz….maybe the kennel can learn to love him lol He is a class player
Not a huge Luai fan in general, but he’s a quality player…brings a lot of confidence and energy - he’ll keep blokes accountable too…I can see him taking his game to another level with us barking orders and owning the team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not a huge Luai fan in general, but he’s a quality player…brings a lot of confidence and energy - he’ll keep blokes accountable too…I can see him taking his game to another level with us barking orders and owning the team.
New captain :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Luai is worth 800k a season but he isn't leaving the Panthers unless he gets over a million a season. Pointless us worrying about it because he ain't joining.
I think it's pretty obvious clubs will offer him 1m+. If Panther offer him 700k it's a low ball offer. We need a quality experienced half and Luai is the only 1 on the market besides Keary.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious clubs will offer him 1m+. If Panther offer him 700k it's a low ball offer.
He'll stay at the Panthers for 800k a season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'll stay at the Panthers for 800k a season.
He might stay but he might leave like Critta did too. If he gets to November it's a good possibility.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious clubs will offer him 1m+. If Panther offer him 700k it's a low ball offer. We need a quality experienced half and Luai is the only 1 on the market besides Keary.
Low ball AF for a half in the new cap. He will get 1mil plus offers from multiple clubs including us. If I’m him I leave, he has already won comps. Only way he gets out of clearys shadow is by leading a team weekly in the NRL

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Low ball AF for a half in the new cap. He will get 1mil plus offers from multiple clubs including us. If I’m him I leave, he has already won comps. Only way he gets out of clearys shadow is by leading a team weekly in the NRL
He’s good mates with Crichton too and obviously knows CC, Burto, Kiks, and Salmon very well. Makes sense…. Sets his family up, still with some of his mates and owns the team

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will leave the Panthers. Mark my words.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine this backline
1 Crichton/Taafe
2 Kebab
3 Cherry
4 Burton
5 Foxx
6 Luai
7 Toby

das Flo-nominal

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He will leave the Panthers. Mark my words.
I’ve marked them.
He’s not accepting 759k when someone will throw Lebanese money at him
I still think raiders is a perfect fit style and cap wise. He gets a mil there.
But don’t think he wants to leave the Tongan community so this is where I see the tigers throw up just under a mil and he accepts and doesn’t need to move house