Opinion Centre

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Greg Inglis should come cheap! :D

Our entire team is a mess and nobody will want to come to this rabble. Same thing happened to Knights during their double spoon era.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Our entire team is a mess and nobody will want to come to this rabble. Same thing happened to Knights during their double spoon era.
Fair dinkum. Nobody?? .... Some of you jump to extreme lengths.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Inglis in 3 years after his Maccas diet would still be better than Holland!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Atkin and Lafri lol. Gerard Beale lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At 700k he's as overpaid as they come Hopoate. He's slow, creates nothing and he's not tall meaning his metres coming out from our own goal isn't great. Don't get me wrong's solid and he's far from our biggest issue. However this is exactly the problem we've encountered. We paid through the roof for Hopoate, Foran, Lichaa, etc and you can't say that any one of them has been a positive signing. If I want a sort of okay winger I'd get one from reserve grade on base contract, not one over half a million a year.
Seriously it's hardly comparative to pick the last years of back ended contracts, for valid comparisons we should be using the annual average over the contract. That was the reverse argument with Klemmer, the whinge was has was only on $400k LAST YEAR, when comparing to what Newcastle were paying him NEXT YEAR. A totally invalid comparison.

We could debate forever whether Foran is worth his contract value, he may well be when he's uninjured but he isn't when he is injured. Consequently including him with Hopoate and Lichaa is an irrelevance.

I don't know about you but I don't know for sure what Hopoate is on, but I do know that it was heavily back ended. So he may well have been on $200k in 2018, $400k in 2019 and $700k in 2020 which is $433k average. That's underpaid in my books for someone who can play fullback very competently, plus wing and centre.

Lichaa, well I think we all share the same opinion there, $1 is too much.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I don't see players knocking down our door. Even fringe hookers aren't signing on.
Why would they be, we have 30 players on the books, which everyone knows, so there's no room for "fringe players". Of course for a "quality player" we could always move someone out of the 30.

Go Dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well its interesting to know that Dogs fans dont watch dogs games.

All this shittalk on Holland. Cant believe my ears.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its interesting to know that Dogs fans dont watch dogs games.

All this shittalk on Holland. Cant believe my ears.
Holland is not your modern day 1st grade centre. He would be just OK as back up in the Canterbury Cup

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland is not your modern day 1st grade centre. He would be just OK as back up in the Canterbury Cup
So you are saying a player that;

1. Is the most dangerous centre in the NRL for line breaks (https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...ntre-in-2018-for-creating-line-breaks.111457/)

2. Kicks goals with an 82% accuracy rate

3. Plays 80 minutes and never stops trying

4. Hits hard in tackles

All the while playing in a wooden spoon team, isnt first grade quality?

Not only is he first grade quality, he is among the top 5 Centres in the NRL. So unless you cut off everyone below number 3 as reserve grade standard, then he is definitely first grade standard. Nasheed.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are saying a player that;

1. Is the most dangerous centre in the NRL for line breaks (https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...ntre-in-2018-for-creating-line-breaks.111457/)

2. Kicks goals with an 82% accuracy rate

3. Plays 80 minutes and never stops trying

4. Hits hard in tackles

All the while playing in a wooden spoon team, isnt first grade quality?

Not only is he first grade quality, he is among the top 5 Centres in the NRL. So unless you cut off everyone below number 3 as reserve grade standard, then he is definitely first grade standard. Nasheed.
Top 5 you say?

Never stops trying?

Hits hard in tackles?

Pick your top 5 from the following

Mitchell, Manu, Ramien, Leilua, Morris, Chambers, Marsters, Blake, Whare, Scott, Roberts, Bird, Holland

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We r desperate for a centre, Holland not good enough. We need to chase Lomax he is a gun and comes off contract in 2020 or if they keep him chase Atkin, Gerard Beale, Lafri, Ramien.
Holland is rocks and diamonds. When the money is there next season or the following we will get our class centre.

He will have a blinder next week as that’s the sort of player he is. Capable but the difference between his best and worst is huge.

Hoppa will be a one club player so it’s Holland who goes into the depth/Utility pile.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gutherson rejects Eels 500k offer two years

He wants 700

Would you take him

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

And they landed Mitchell Pearce and Ponga and klemmer and ramien and skd and guera and moga and Watson and glasby LOL

Give me a list of no ones like this and we’d be pretty happy

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And they landed Mitchell Pearce and Ponga and klemmer and ramien and skd and guera and moga and Watson and glasby LOL

Give me a list of no ones like this and we’d be pretty happy
and where has that got them on the ladder :D

They basically went back to back spoons, released everyone, and started from scratch.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
700k for Gutherson? Get outta here

How much is Latrell Mitchell worth than?