Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
endagered species soon to be only found in rugby league museums

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just the licence that will go as happened when the coast folded and the licence went straight to Manly. The shark's licence will go the Central Coast Bears either by it being given by the NRL or through some form of "sale" when the sharks go into external administration. If the directors' don't put the club into administration soon they may make themselves liable for any debts subsequently incurred. You can't wipe out a $9million black hole when your major and minor sponsors have walked. I read where it was said it takes $14million to run a team, so if your trying to raise that sort of money you don't have any spare cash to pay the interest on $9million let alone pay down any capital. Following the financial crisis that has wiped out a lot of reckless largess spending by businesses, every cent is now needed for survival of the business. Sharks are gone as a first grade NRL team. They should be looking to cut the NRL club and concentrate on maintaining a league presence, a la Newtown Jets. Then the league's club might have some chance of recovery as well.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
They can play with Glebe, Newton, University & the rest of the clubs that have folded over history.

CC will not accept another relocated team - it appears they want their own side, built from grass roots like the Titans did. Don't know how happy they are about having ties with North Sydney either.

Maybe Sharks should go interstate as they will have a junior base they could draw from in the Shire to strengthen their side if they were playing out of Adelaide / Perth.

One less Sydney team will help the current Sydney teams I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.