Castle...your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
what's people thoughts on Castle so far?

my own opinion has changed a lot over time, when she came on board there was huge wraps on her and I was happy with the move but over time it feels like we are being run by a politician who shows a real lack of leadership and just attempts to tick the political boxes eg sit with the fans and make sure there's cameras there (just to be sure make sure you announce you'll be there 20 times before hand), buy some woman an ice cream (or whatever it was) and make sure the story gets published.....then open up about going completely bald and your life struggle etc..

She has never once stuck her neck out for the club, the players or the fans...instead scolding Graham, she appears to just be a ladder climber and is using the club as a stepping stone...... I just wish we had a CEO that had the club, the players and the fans at heart & someone with a few balls to pull Des up from time to time as I don't think its ever a good idea to give a coach complete and free rein like he has been given......we're losing our club culture which is the hardest part to swallow

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My thoughts have been since day 1.
We put her there to promote gender equality.
Issue is why put a female there just for the sake of it if a male can do the job better? That's not sexist that putting business before politics.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have absolotely no issue with her.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can't say I'm a fan. Nothing she has done as far as improving us on the field stands out to me.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sticking up for James Graham lost me......

In t the wholway our club was portrayed after that and during that was weak and showed no leadership at all.

This is of course from the outside looking in. But yeah.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't really care about her, she is just a job title. We all know who runs the club and why it's not getting better.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
welcome to the Canterbury Desdogs the once great club

my thoughts are she has come into the club with an open mind and good business skills said she was going to continue to build the brand and the club and has failed to do so, and over time shes became a token ceo who hasnt stood up to hasler and his ways.

sadly the club has fallen into a hole and is now so far gone from what it was that it will take a real ceo to get it up and going again

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
The clubs culture is now history. The reason for that, money. When you've got billions of the stuff being poured in by others, you haven't got full control and need to abide to their terms. I think she's doing a decent job.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
She's just doing her job I think. Problem was a double whammy of her not knowing league and Des not knowing our club = lost identity.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She's a habitual liar and lied about the rockstar fullback, lied about Hopoate saying that we were not interested at all, blog with the boss was all full of shit plus she shafted her nephews Pritchard and lafai in the back whilst always remaining on social media spotlight. I want a low profile ceo who goes about there business with lil or no fuss and not in the limelight. The players are the face of the club. No player manager even wants to discuss recruitment with her.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We haven't had a fullback in years. We now haven't got a halfback.
Extend her contract, it's the Bulldogs way.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doing a good job.

She came with an impressive CV to be honest - turned Netball in NZ into the powerhouse it now is.

Rugby League pedigree through her family.

She is running a multi-million dollar business. Most of us here will never get close to that (myself well and truly included).

You want to be like Canberra or Newcastle where the brother of the coach or former player gets appointed CEO? How is that working for them?

But it's easier to be a keyboard warrior I guess.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Doing a good job.

She came with an impressive CV to be honest - turned Netball in NZ into the powerhouse it now is.

Rugby League pedigree through her family.

She is running a multi-million dollar business. Most of us here will never get close to that (myself well and truly included).

You want to be like Canberra or Newcastle where the brother of the coach or former player gets appointed CEO? How is that working for them?

But it's easier to be a keyboard warrior I guess.
Our club is massive and money rolls in pretty easy. Only time we struggled was with the Coffs scandal.
Even then greenturd couldn't get us a sponsor. (I think we had camp quality on our jerseys for free that year) send her or him to Canberra or Newcastle and let's see how amazing they really are.
And there's nothing wrong with family in the ranks, bullfrog had it done for years and the club was flying.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Apparently she is going to go and try and run the nrl.
Lol she's ****ed please can someone tell me what has she done that is positive for the club ,players and fan what has she done besides make people feel sorry for her

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Lol she's ****ed please can someone tell me what has she done that is positive for the club ,players and fan what has she done besides make people feel sorry for her
But that's Aunty your talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.