Castle on the footy show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can't you just focus on her performance and not be a misogynistic arsehole for once?

I totally agree she is an idiot, a pro Des sychophant and the club will be better off without her after those comments, but please, just keep focused on her performance.

I was called classless for offering an honest opinion of Trent Hodkindon after he did a charitable deed and yet complete sexist bile like this is constantly allowed to go through to the keeper.

Some people need perspective tbh.

I know it's a forum and we all have to deal with opinions we don't like.... including some people having to put up with my opinions, I just don't see how her appearance or weight is really relevant.
Focus on her performance... I would except it's nonexistent.

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that we have a hooker who can't pass a ball, and yet we have a CEO who is an expert in passing stuff on to others instead of doing things herself.

She is the face and spokesperson of the Bulldogs, so she represents, the club, the coach, the players, and the fans when she speaks in public.

It's honestly embarassing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Focus on her performance... I would except it's nonexistent.

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that we have a hooker who can't pass a ball, and yet we have a CEO who is an expert in passing stuff on to others instead of doing things herself.

She is the face and spokesperson of the Bulldogs, so she represents, the club, the coach, the players, and the fans when she speaks in public.

It's honestly embarassing.
I wouldn't say it's non existent. She has performed well in a lot of key demographics, it's her unyielding support of Hasler which makes me think she's not right for us long term...but so long as Dib calls the shits I think the final call is really down to him anyway.

Honestly, I don't think the constant focus on her weight and appearance reflects well on our fan base. More importantly, I just don't think it's a very mature or nice approach to take.

Anyway I've said my piece and am not pretending I set the rules here. Just don't think it's a good look or respectful way to punctuate discussion about footy matters. To each their own I guess.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously...................What did you expect her to say?

She will tow the line that Dib says she will until she gets her severance pay AND her confidentiality agreement ends.

Just a predictable crappy interview proving why the Footy Show has become crap. The other 2 reasons - Johns and Fittler.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's non existent. She has performed well in a lot of key demographics, it's her unyielding support of Hasler which makes me think she's not right for us long term...but so long as Dib calls the shits I think the final call is really down to him anyway.

Honestly, I don't think the constant focus on her weight and appearance reflects well on our fan base. More importantly, I just don't think it's a very mature or nice approach to take.

Anyway I've said my piece and am not pretending I set the rules here. Just don't think it's a good look or respectful way to punctuate discussion about footy matters. To each their own I guess.
You're probably right about the personal comments, though my comments are born out of frustration more than anything.

I know first hand that she passes the buck rather than takes action on things. That pisses me off because it's lead to the detriment of our club.

Being the spokesperson, she has perceived herself as to pulling through sponsors, etc, but this again is rubbish. Most have come via board member, and sponsor contacts.

She's cost us signature of players that could have changed how we played, blown the league's club budget apart with handouts and the like, and gave Des such a long leash that it allowed things to degrade to how they are now.

Then when the chips are down and she's asked for a please explain, she instead is leant on and resigns.

I have heard (on the grapevine) that she fell on her sword at the meeting in December last year where she got reamed by the board and failed to explain herself.

The whole club is in a depressingly shit situation at the moment.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be interesting if someone could dig up these statistics:

• Amount of coaches under intense pressure who kept their jobs
  • Amount of coaches who satisfy the above, and won a premiership.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost laughed when she said she reads all the comments, what a load of dog rubbish.

I give her credit for fronting up to the media, but what I don't like is how she says the same thing over and over again. Is she a CEO or a puppet?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
she is either a idiot or has no idea whats going on with manlys 2006-2011 highlights to refer to for des haslers resume or she is hosing it down and shits gonna hit the fan tomorrow in the board meeting cant see why it wont but who knows with the club
or this is a long shot they are gonna draw straws over who gets the new KIA stinger motor vehicle issued to the club only a few have been allocated

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're probably right about the personal comments, though my comments are born out of frustration more than anything.

I know first hand that she passes the buck rather than takes action on things. That pisses me off because it's lead to the detriment of our club.

Being the spokesperson, she has perceived herself as to pulling through sponsors, etc, but this again is rubbish. Most have come via board member, and sponsor contacts.

She's cost us signature of players that could have changed how we played, blown the league's club budget apart with handouts and the like, and gave Des such a long leash that it allowed things to degrade to how they are now.

Then when the chips are down and she's asked for a please explain, she instead is leant on and resigns.

I have heard (on the grapevine) that she fell on her sword at the meeting in December last year where she got reamed by the board and failed to explain herself.

The whole club is in a depressingly shit situation at the moment.
Well yeah man, we all have our frustrations with the club and as the CEO of course Raelene should be subject to criticism. It's just the constant jokes about her appearance and gender that I don't like.

I'm cool with people thinking she's doing a shit job, i just don't think her appearance factors into that.

Anyway I understand it's a frustrating time for all of us....and I know it's a forum and we all get a bit carried away sometimes.

Thanks for your response and for acknowledging my point.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look I'm not someone who likes to take poke at the way people look but FFS who the hell thought this human was going to be something the club stood for?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dib bah doo will probably end up as ceo.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously...................What did you expect her to say?

She will tow the line that Dib says she will until she gets her severance pay AND her confidentiality agreement ends.

Just a predictable crappy interview proving why the Footy Show has become crap. The other 2 reasons - Johns and Fittler.
Between them Johns and Fittler can hardly speak English. They are limited to pure Bogan. How Fittler in particular could get any sort of job in the media is astonishing.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Onya Dude :blush:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Between them Johns and Fittler can hardly speak English. They are limited to pure Bogan. How Fittler in particular could get any sort of job in the media is astonishing.
I agree 100% he is terrible, Ex Garbage collector in the days before Wheelie Bins FACT!! not that there is anything wrong with that, its just that he was a poorly educated person.

Status
Not open for further replies.