Opinion Casey vs Dragons

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read what Gus tweeted re Skelton.
Tried him in the forwards today for a while to help him with his defensive reads.
Maybe looking at a run in the pack.
Should take Oks spot on the bench. Brown takes Reynolds spot and Pele takes Morrins spot and we look OK

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has way too many errors in his game and his defence is very poor. Skelton at least has massive upside in attack as a ball carrier and in broken field and can't do any worse in defence. It's time to make the change.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only issue with Skelton are his defensive reads is my understanding.
That is understandable considering how long he has been playing. I guess what I’m not getting is how if he is that bad defensively in comparison to Casey with ball in hand he is streaks ahead.
Casey doesn’t look at all safe in defence either. All I can assume is Skelton must be bad as I must admit I only pay attention when he has the ball in his hands.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes a rookie. very much so. I dont expect much from him. Hes not even first drop in the backs, Burns is. When JAC and Kiraz return, i reckon Burns stays, Alamoti is first drop, then Casey. Skelton probably gets a shot some time too.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's cause burns was crippled out there.
He thought that side had more opportunities
But he was wrong.
Burns went full beast mode
People can say what they want about burns and rightfully so , but the man has heart which is the mandatory for putting that jersey on.

He can get out skilled/outplayed or whatever but what he showed today was pretty inspirational.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hes a rookie. very much so. I dont expect much from him. Hes not even first drop in the backs, Burns is. When JAC and Kiraz return, i reckon Burns stays, Alamoti is first drop, then Casey. Skelton probably gets a shot some time too.
Not sure if you’re trolling but in what world is Alamoti getting dropped before Casey?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the same to be honest. Dying to see Skelton in first grade and just don’t see why Casey is in front of him.

Fitness and attitude is all I can think it would be as there is nothing glaringly obvious. If Casey is a much better defender then Skelton must be bad.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't want or need Casey in FG.
I agree Casy is not fg standard with without the ball - when iv watched training sessions
That is understandable considering how long he has been playing. I guess what I’m not getting is how if he is that bad defensively in comparison to Casey with ball in hand he is streaks ahead.
Casey doesn’t look at all safe in defence either. All I can assume is Skelton must be bad as I must admit I only pay attention when he has the ball in his hands.
Wilson might get a game before him - round 11 - has the speed to capitalise, and to adjust for poor reads

The training iv seen they do a lot of drills on edge defence - makes a lot of difference who the centre is who the back rower and half is - Kikau was a great help for Alamoti in both decision making n covering up. Okunbor rarely gets it right despite being in the system for 7 years and lacks the speed - particularly when having to change direction - to adjust for a poor read

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah Casey isn't ready for first grade and not sure he'll ever be. I'd be moving on. I thought the same before last year too.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re trolling but in what world is Alamoti getting dropped before Casey?
Not what i said. Casey goes first when either Kiraz or JAC return. Then Alamoti when the other one returns was what i said. Based on form Burns and Avo are probably locked in right now. Of course depends if Burns keeps it up. But hes been very good.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not what i said. Casey goes first when either Kiraz or JAC return. Then Alamoti when the other one returns was what i said. Based on form Burns and Avo are probably locked in right now. Of course depends if Burns keeps it up. But hes been very good.
Not sure if you had a typo then but you originally wrote Alamoti is first drop, then Casey. My mistake.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if you had a typo then but you originally wrote Alamoti is first drop, then Casey. My mistake.
First drop means first choice of the reserves to replace players in the best 17 in whatever position, if one is out. I didnt say first droPPED which would mean what you thought i meant. I guess its a term used more in cricket. Sorry for the confusion.