Cap exemptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even gonna touch on the performance. Was trying to look this up with no luck but is anyone aware of how many players from each club can be eligible for the long service cap exemption? Pretty sure a player has to spend around 6 years at a club and 300k of their salary can be excluded from the cap. Guys like josh morris and eastwood would be eligible having been around the club since 2009

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $300k is just added to the salary cap it doesn't have to be used on the player that has been there 6 years.

Eastwood wouldn't be eligible either as he left for a few years.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Long serving allowance only counts for players who debut for the club but I'm pretty sure it starts from the 20s

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The $300k is just added to the salary cap it doesn't have to be used on the player that has been there 6 years.

Eastwood wouldn't be eligible either as he left for a few years.
Yes it does. That's why it's called a long service cap allowance. If you don't have a player who meets the criteria then it can't be used

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's 300k max if you have at least one player long serving. So if you have 10 long serving players you still only get 300k

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. That's why it's called a long service cap allowance. If you don't have a player who meets the criteria then it can't be used
Yeah of course maybe I worded it wrong but to my understanding aslong as you have one player that meets the criteria you get an extra $300k on the cap and can spend it on any player in the squad.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we are losing the only player that meets the criteria, i.e. reynolds?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we are losing the only player that meets the criteria, i.e. reynolds?
Jacko would be eligible next year if it's 6 years and you had to debut for the club.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Long serving allowance only counts for players who debut for the club but I'm pretty sure it starts from the 20s
I don't think that is accurate
Or at least that's the first I have heard that
I always thought it was how long a player has been at the club consecutively

Can you prove that claim?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Half this team would meet the criteria to get a " special " bus pass to ride half fare

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is how the long serving player allowance works:

- Each club gets $300,000 per season for long serving players (single amount per club, not per player)

- Long serving players are players that have served 6 years or more at the club (originally 10 years then reduced to 8 years, now 6 years)

- The 6 years serving time includes any time played in NSW Cup or Under 20s

- The $300,000 can only go to long serving players. If you only have one long serving player than that player gets the whole $300,000

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's where our main issue though. The salary cap currently works for the top 25 players with a minimum wage of $80,000 to a total cap of $7.1 million. Players outside the top 25 players are paid separately with a maximum carp of $450,000. We named 30 players in our top squad instead of 25. This was done because Hasler wanted to make sure we had as much backup as possible so he paid 5 extra players first grade wages which took up nearly the entire $450,000.

This means that we have no extra money to bring in anyone else which is why Cleeland isn't playing first grade right now. Des didn't predict that our halves would suck so much. Even then he would only bring Cleeland in now, but he can't.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's where our main issue though. The salary cap currently works for the top 25 players with a minimum wage of $80,000 to a total cap of $7.1 million. Players outside the top 25 players are paid separately with a maximum carp of $450,000. We named 30 players in our top squad instead of 25. This was done because Hasler wanted to make sure we had as much backup as possible so he paid 5 extra players first grade wages which took up nearly the entire $450,000.

This means that we have no extra money to bring in anyone else which is why Cleeland isn't playing first grade right now. Des didn't predict that our halves would suck so much. Even then he would only bring Cleeland in now, but he can't.
My god.
And haven't the halves been shit.
Reynolds who played ok last Season I thought has been awful.
Mybe has continued his diabolical form from 2nd half of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.