News Canterbury poor on field results could blow up the boardroom

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How very surprising an article like this comes from those scrum !! . . . Why don't they print a good news story . . . "Telegraph closes, due to lack of interest" . . . Can't wait to buy that issue
Murdoch media loses case with Smartmatic machines. Pays out US$2 billion. Sells off unprofitable Australian arm.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest that a rival group, which has little chance of beating the current board, are leaking nonsense to the scandal loving Telegraph, in the hope that running a nothing story might engender support for them.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol what a crock of shit, this board is safer than 04 fish fuckers goat.
Agree, this board is definitely safe, they’ve shown stability and good business nous whilst working strategically rather than tactically - strategy takes a few years to execute, juniors and pathways already looking good, first grade is still removing the weeds and by 2025 Ciro and Gus should have their team assembled not one inherited from previous hierarchy. We should be very competitive in 2024 and we would have represented much better last season barring a serious injury crisis.

I think come Nov1, we may yet get a few more solid signings to further strengthen the team. Upward and onward.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing we need is further destabilisation. Cause we know how that ends - further languish at the bottom of the ladder. Incoming regime will promise the world, but won’t have a clue on how to deliver

atleast if we carry on with this current path, there is a chance we pull ourselves out of this mess.

voting members should probably reflect on this. It’s been a shit period and we all want instant results, and I too can get caught up in the moment of our discouraging season, and on field performances… but this rebuild is truly the best way out. As I’ve heard and experienced too…. “This too shall pass”

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The last thing we need is further destabilisation. Cause we know how that ends - further languish at the bottom of the ladder. Incoming regime will promise the world, but won’t have a clue on how to deliver

atleast if we carry on with this current path, there is a chance we pull ourselves out of this mess.

voting members should probably reflect on this. It’s been a shit period and we all want instant results, and I too can get caught up in the moment of our discouraging season, and on field performances… but this rebuild is truly the best way out. As I’ve heard and experienced too…. “This too shall pass”
Anyone voting against the current hierarchy is either ill informed or unable to see the vision and strategy unfolding. We don’t want quick fixes that may only see us scrap into the 8 and languish in the years thereafter - sustainable success will be the result of redefining who we are as a club, maintaining high standards and featuring in finals year-on-year jagging a Premiership when it all comes together with pathways recycling those habits when called upon.

Gus & this hierarchy always had a “5 year plan” - not a 1 or 2…. 5yrs. I think that plan is unfolding nicely.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off Season, no player missed behaviour = no news content.

Therefore, journalists create an even greater pile of poo and spin it into click bait. This creates advertising space. Potentially, my guess, it's advertising space for Richard Wilkins!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They must be burning because they can’t get anything to stick on the club rather they fling their shit and hope it does.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Off Season, no player missed behaviour = no news content.

Therefore, journalists create an even greater pile of poo and spin it into click bait. This creates advertising space. Potentially, my guess, it's advertising space for Richard Wilkins!
Or Sonia Kruger

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty useless chairman but Board is doing decent enough no need for big changes

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Board isn’t going anywhere, I remember reading dib said he won’t be contesting against the board… so either the **** is a piece of shit or he won’t do anything.

for the sake of this forum, if board stays, I vote for 04dreaming be permanently banned