News Canterbury look at shifting Burton to free up his running game

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His stats at 5/8 aren't even that bad, he'll only get better with time as the team starts to win more games and gain confidence, I truly believe the captain tag is a distraction for him and constantly having a different halves partner not to mention one named Kyle can't have been good for him.
Give the kid some stability and a competent halfback so he can focus on being a running 5/8 and I have no doubt he'll be in the conversation as one of the best 5/8s in the game.

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be the best club centres pairing since Mark McGaw and Andrew Ettinghausen…… but they never even played a grand final….and definitely weren’t on 1.6 million as a pair…..
Ive run the sums and it would be a 1.75million/yr centre pairing. Its madness given our spine is cooked and have no decent forwards to get us on the front foot

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His stats at 5/8 aren't even that bad, he'll only get better with time as the team starts to win more games and gain confidence, I truly believe the captain tag is a distraction for him and constantly having a different halves partner not to mention one named Kyle can't have been good for him.
Give the kid some stability and a competent halfback so he can focus on being a running 5/8 and I have no doubt he'll be in the conversation as one of the best 5/8s in the game.
He did look better with the arrival of Sexton, when he decided to inject himself into the game that is.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive run the sums and it would be a 1.75million/yr centre pairing. Its madness given our spine is cooked and have no decent forwards to get us on the front foot
Will you care about the coin if they win matches?

Also, still awaiting your answer to a prior question of mine, inquiring about your favourite bit of kit you own and why.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you care about the coin if they win matches?

Also, still awaiting your answer to a prior question of mine, inquiring about your favourite bit of kit you own and why.
Lol u are a weird dude. I saw u attempting dick sizing over bulldogs kit with another member in another thread. Truly strange behaviour but anyway

To answer ur q though, signed 04 premiership jersey.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol u are a weird dude. I saw u attempting dick sizing over bulldogs kit with another member in another thread. Truly strange behaviour but anyway

To answer ur q though, signed 04 premiership jersey.
If you saw that, you saw my explanation as to why I asked.
Something I'm awaiting for your choice.
At least you were decent enough to afford an honest answer, for which I thank you.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he going to be that much better at centre than xerri, Crichton (if he fails at fullback), Kiraz? I’d say marginally.

and cause he has the biggest contract out of all them (besides maybe Crichton), you get rid of him. 5 8 money vs centre is likely the largest disparity there is.

you get rid of him if you think he’s a centre and you buy a proper 5 8, and for that reason, and I hate myself for saying this, you get Luai.
With a $12 mil cap, Burtons salary is really not that high for a 5/8.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and Fox won’t take the tough runs and our outside backs will have to do a lot do dirty work as our forwards won’t be getting the big metres. Much of it will be left to Kiraz and Crichton.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be the best club centres pairing since Mark McGaw and Andrew Ettinghausen…… but they never even played a grand final….and definitely weren’t on 1.6 million as a pair…..
Crichton is on 825 and Burton at least 900 so more than 1.6

As for the Roosters. What’s registered with the NRL and what they receive are two different amounts. We also have to pay overs for outside players.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What they're getting paid isn't irrelevant and is partly why we're in the situation we currently are. If Burton moves to centre and Crichton flops at fullback that's going to be a monumental fuck up by the club. This is why some found are critical of Gus' handling of the NRL roster yet so many are more than happy to make excuses.
You're talking garbage. On the rare occasion our forwards managed to rip in and dominate, Burton was very good. Even Flanagan looked decent. Without a decent and dominant pack, Nathan Cleary would look shit. And that's not just a throw away line, that's just how it is.

Gus' biggest failure is his inability to sign a couple of big boppers in the engine room and not managing to keep Vaughn while he was there.

Hopefully that gets rectified soon or we will be copping mor 30+ floggings.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’ve run the sums - still waiting for your replies in other threads as to where you get your numbers from?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're talking garbage. On the rare occasion our forwards managed to rip in and dominate, Burton was very good. Even Flanagan looked decent. Without a decent and dominant pack, Nathan Cleary would look shit. And that's not just a throw away line, that's just how it is.

Gus' biggest failure is his inability to sign a couple of big boppers in the engine room and not managing to keep Vaughn while he was there.

Hopefully that gets rectified soon or we will be copping mor 30+ floggings.
Not a failure losing Vaughan. He had enough of Australian media... Similar situation when Souffs couldnt keep premiership winning Ben Te'o due to his beef with Weidler and other media types.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you even come up with the numbers?
Critta isn’t on 925k burton isn’t on 825k stop spreading bullshit . Put you evidence forward and back your claims.