News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t see what the point of this is. He’s a good utility great how many do we want? Tracey is the ultimate “6 out of 10 in a number of positions” player.

Hope he proves me wrong but can’t see it
Yeah, I worry the same. Is Tracey actually as decent as people here seem to think? He only played 10 games this year and 14 last year so in reality he's another fringe back. Obviously it's good to have competition for spots but I don't get it. Genuinely would love to someone to explain why I should be so excited for someone who has struggled to start at the Sharks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I worry the same. Is Tracey actually as decent as people here seem to think? He only played 10 games this year and 14 last year so in reality he's another fringe back. Obviously it's good to have competition for spots but I don't get it. Genuinely would love to someone to explain why I should be so excited for someone who has struggled to start at the Sharks.
Because despite playing CTW and fullback, he came through grades at Souths as a left edge 6. He would arguably be our best option at 6 aswell, gives the club alot of flexibility if Burton doesn't lift his game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The battle for the 1 jersey.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Because despite playing CTW and fullback, he came through grades at Souths as a left edge 6. He would arguably be our best option at 6 aswell, gives the club alot of flexibility if Burton doesn't lift his game
Did you actually watch the games he played...he brained it. He unseated Talakai who was an Origin centre the year before. He absolutely gave Gagai and a few others a bath. He is an out and out gun. He then killed it filling in at FB and I don't think Kennedy would have come straight back in. Sharks have Iro but he is only centre/wing. Still shocked they let him go. Especially with Moylan going.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did you actually watch the games he played...he brained it. He unseated Talakai who was an Origin centre the year before. He absolutely gave Gagai and a few others a bath. He is an out and out gun. He then killed it filling in at FB and I don't think Kennedy would have come straight back in. Sharks have Iro but he is only centre/wing. Still shocked they let him go. Especially with Moylan going.
I'll genuinely take your word for it - but if he was that dominant, any idea why he's struggled for game time the past 2 years?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This signing tells me that the club might be trying to trade JAC for a prop. I think Gus/Ciraldo want this backline:

1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I did watch, I'm a fan of Tracey... Not hard to unseat Talakai though he's incredibly mid at centre. My Sharks 1-6 in 2023 would have been
1. Kennedy
2. Stonestreet
3. Ramien
4. Iro
5. Mulitalo
6. Tracey
Doesn't matter where we play Tracey, he will do a great job wherever he's asked to play

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I did watch, I'm a fan of Tracey... Not hard to unseat Talakai though he's incredibly mid at centre. My Sharks 1-6 in 2023 would have been
1. Kennedy
2. Stonestreet
3. Ramien
4. Iro
5. Mulitalo
6. Tracey
Doesn't matter where we play Tracey, he will do a great job wherever he's asked to play
Sorry I was trying to quote who you quoted not you.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and are these players from our pathways ready for first grade?
answer is No, we need stop gap signings until they're ready.

so do us a favour and stfu for once
Yep its not that hard to understand.

Gus was bought to the club to re-build our pathways that were neglected for years thanks to Des and Raelene. That is why we have sucked so bad for the past 5 years.

You cant just flick a switch and have 15 juniors ready for first grade in the space of 2 years. As you said, they are not ready. The fact that we won 2 junior comps this year should have even the harshest Gus critics admitting that he is doing a good job in that area.

I dont expect trolls to agree though. That would be against the point of trolling.

Trolls spend their time either posting rubbish or masturbating in a pile of their own faeces

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep its not that hard to understand.

Gus was bought to the club to re-build our pathways that were neglected for years thanks to Des and Raelene. That is why we have sucked so bad for the past 5 years.

You cant just flick a switch and have 15 juniors ready for first grade in the space of 2 years. As you said, they are not ready. The fact that we won 2 junior comps this year should have even the harshest Gus critics admitting that he is doing a good job in that area.

I dont expect trolls to agree though. That would be against the point of trolling.

Trolls spend their time either posting rubbish or masturbating in a pile of their own faeces
most of these signings are 2-3 years, by than these kids will be ready for first grade. these clown crew aren't exactly bright

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This signing tells me that the club might be trying to trade JAC for a prop. I think Gus/Ciraldo want this backline:

1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
There's merit to this, would be pretty attractive for certain clubs, though I prefer Skelton to replace.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
This is the conclusion I have.
Foxx for saifiti
Foxx for Jr Paulo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Taafe
2. Kebab
3. Crichton
4. Connor
5. Wilson

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gabrael seems talented so it's a shame to move him on but Tracey is proven so he'll be a handy addition. Who knows where he plays. Maybe he gets the fullback spot as he played well there for Cronulla last year.

It'd likely be Tracey at fullback with Critta centres or vice versa.
Guessing letting Gabriel go is about balance. 12 months ago the club didn’t know Avo would leave who Tracey is a handy replacement for and likely costs less. The music never really stops…

Last edited:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won't play as a utility here. He'll be starting centre or potentially fullback if Critta fails there. Also this covers us if Xerri isn't ready round 1.
That’s exactly my point he can play this or that, he’s not good at any of them. He’s just average in a number of positions, why is this giving me extreme Mybe vibes

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guessing letting Gabriel go is about balance. 12 months ago the club didn’t know Avo would leave who Tracey is a handy replacement for and Lilley costs less. The music never really stops…
Averillo was gone when they started signing centres. Averillo left soon after.