News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I believe more in retention, stability, promotion from within and only recruit in key strategic areas. 1-2 correct signings adding to a current roster and promoting the right players changes an entire roster. Constantly chopping and changing the roster doesn't do any good.

In 2009 when we signed Ennis, Kimmorley, Hannant, Hodgson, Stagg, Eastwood, Morris and Goodwin it was a mix of youth and experience signings, we also had Ryan, Patten, El Masri and Utai still at the club as the experienced winners, we promoted Barba, Idris and Kite from the 20's to the top squad. We had planned to promote Daniel Harrison he didn't kick on with us returned to Manly and Taumata obvious reasons why he didn't. Fringe players from within like Roberts got more of a chance. Kimmorley and Hodgson were short term signings. The others were planned to be long-term.

I rather us have the Shane Flanagan approach at Dragons. Show a bit of faith with the current roster. Promote players from within. Just make 2-3 gap signings. Use the cash to go for the big players like they are with Manu, Deardon and AFB. It's clear messaging. It's not mixed messaging. Players know where they stand.

@Flanagun did you listen to Aaron Woods on Triple M? He spoke about players watching over their shoulders if they will be moved on. Doesn't provide for a good stability or environment.

@Nasheed did a brilliant post earlier this morning I plan to reply to that and give my views.
Oh Polly :tearsofjoy:.

In 2009 we had our first change of coach in 11 seasons - night and day to the current situation.

And - @AaronWoods is now gospel? He moved on from the Bulldogs, Sharks and Steelers? Mmmk :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's hard enough to keep people focused during the season . . . Good luck with that in the off-season
Can only hope that Kennellers can see the futility of it all :grinning:
And also that they are contributing to facilitating the soapbox they've found on TK for their rants/agendas/troublemaking.

It only further allows these issues re the club to be aired to far more prominence than they deserve. Instead it spiralls into 20 odd pages of bs complaints about the club, the past, Gus' faults etc etc etc.

Both parties are doing harm to the club by constantly dragging it down with the back and forth.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Potter would have smoothed so many waters.
I won’t bother with the noise above this Polly but if Harry was such a master stroke, why did no other club and most obviously St. Merge (one of his old clubs) not consider him for head coach?

I like him and he’s good to have around our club but he’s in the right job as NSW Cup coach. As an NRL coach he was a fill-in - his results weren’t that great: ~50% W/L record, which although yes was better than Barrett was coming off a very low base.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And also that they are contributing to facilitating the soapbox they've found on TK for their rants/agendas/troublemaking.

It only further allows these issues re the club to be aired to far more prominence than they deserve. Instead it spiralls into 20 odd pages of bs complaints about the club, the past, Gus' faults etc etc etc.

Both parties are doing harm to the club by constantly dragging it down with the back and forth.
Thanks for your words of wisdom. There are mods on this site. If they keep it in check then there’s no need for the rest of us to step in or respond

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for your words of wisdom. There are mods on this site. If they keep it in check then there’s no need for the rest of us to step in or respond
But Mods won't be banning posters for saying "bad" things about the club, Admin/Management, Board, Gus etc.

That is free speech.

It is therefore incumbent on other Kennellers to realise what they have become a part of...realistically, the aiding and abetting of a platform for the clowns to vent their grievances and voting agenda.

All of us fed up with seeing the club dragged thru the mud every thread, can block all we like but if guys keep replying to them, keep tagging them, keep asking them questions and actively engage with them non stop, then all of TK get those responses as well...it's just constant back and forth with ever more vitriol and upping the ante on historical failures and negativity about the past AND THE FUTURE.

Many think the only way to break this trashing of the club is for everyone to ignore and block.

But it is free speech. Guys can reply and tag the "clowns" all they want. None of us who are fed up with it taking over TK can do anything about it except try and point out what is happening.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

FFS Wendy, stop whining about the same shit all the time! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: ; )

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Kennel is off tap this off season. Another shit year and trolls will probably have the majority.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is not poor management if we have money left to spend on a middle, which gus says we have
There is also none on the market, so why miss out on a quality signing in tracey
I actually believe we have money for 2 quality props. But Gus won't spend the money i just anyone.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I believe more in retention, stability, promotion from within and only recruit in key strategic areas. 1-2 correct signings adding to a current roster and promoting the right players changes an entire roster. Constantly chopping and changing the roster doesn't do any good.

In 2009 when we signed Ennis, Kimmorley, Hannant, Hodgson, Stagg, Eastwood, Morris and Goodwin it was a mix of youth and experience signings, we also had Ryan, Patten, El Masri and Utai still at the club as the experienced winners, we promoted Barba, Idris and Kite from the 20's to the top squad. We had planned to promote Daniel Harrison he didn't kick on with us returned to Manly and Taumata obvious reasons why he didn't. Fringe players from within like Roberts got more of a chance. Kimmorley and Hodgson were short term signings. The others were planned to be long-term.

I rather us have the Shane Flanagan approach at Dragons. Show a bit of faith with the current roster. Promote players from within. Just make 2-3 gap signings. Use the cash to go for the big players like they are with Manu, Deardon and AFB. It's clear messaging. It's not mixed messaging. Players know where they stand.

@Flanagun did you listen to Aaron Woods on Triple M? He spoke about players watching over their shoulders if they will be moved on. Doesn't provide for a good stability or environment.

@Nasheed did a brilliant post earlier this morning I plan to reply to that and give my views.
All the things you mentioned in 09 is that we still had decent players in the club and added talent. Going forward our junior system supplied many players from 2011 onwards. That stopped under des. The retention stopped , the cycle of youth stopped ,the development and having nrl ready talent stopped all together after that.. the players in the club and in the system haven’t produced results. We as fans don’t know where the fault starts and who is responsible. This was way before Gus and although the players leaving and recruiting has ramped up under Gus the fact is we have players that the club has failed to develop into nrl quality or didn’t produce nrl quality football. Do you persist with trying to fix something that was broken or start again. Gus has gone with the start again approach and it’s a long game his playing. With a salary cap you need a cycling process and until the players we develop are ready we are recruiting every player and a large amount in overs and that may get quick results but will cause cap issues. CC was the choice as coach because he will play along with Gus’s long term approach . Pepi flange would want results straight away and you see him going after every top level player now. Short term success vs long term dominance. Time will tell the true winner.