News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question i cant be bothers going thru 15pages of this carnage
Do you support the singings of these utility halves?

Imagine poor Tracey going oh yeh I'll just check out what these mad dogs are saying about me
Fuck 660 replies 20 pages they must love me
And as he's clicking thru he'd be calling his mgr to make a deal with the tigers
It's fucking true tho. What's happened to this thread? Even I'm amazed at the shit being thrown around, and I'm usually the one at the centre of it!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He certainly wouldn't get a great endorsement of the Bulldogs supporters by reading through this messed up thread.

Instead of one set of problem posters irritating Kennellers with their negative agendas; we now have two!... to sort thru with their replies and constant tagging of the pests.

Geez there's just no footy spoken of at all on here at present. Completely taken over by 2 factions going hammer and tongs at each other with no end in sight.
Just block them all Wendy, your stress levels will drop by 50% guaranteed.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I rate Tracey highly. With our current squad he 100% makes the 17. Although is he what we need? Spending money on outside backs when we don’t have a single alpha prop is poor squad management.
It is not poor management if we have money left to spend on a middle, which gus says we have
There is also none on the market, so why miss out on a quality signing in tracey

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Via Telegraph Sport
By David Riccio and Brent Reed

Canterbury continue to be the most active team in the player transfer market and could be about to land another signing as the Sharks prepare to release a second player in a matter of days.

Canterbury have edged ahead of St George Illawarra in the race for Connor Tracey as they continue to strengthen their squad for coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Tracey has another year remaining on his deal at Cronulla but was given permission by the Sharks to explore his options on the open market.

The Dragons were the first side to show an interest but it is understood that the Bulldogs have now entered the race for the versatile outside back, who made his debut at South Sydney four years ago.

Tracey spent time at centre and wing this season for the Sharks before finding a home at fullback when Will Kennedy suffered an injury.

He was outstanding over the closing month of the season and his form piqued the interest of Cronulla’s rivals.

Their hope is that they can convince the Sharks to let him leave 12 months ahead of schedule, although Cronulla are likely to want some form of compensation.

The Sharks have already released five-eighth Matt Moylan from the remaining year of his contract, to take up a deal in the English Super League.

The Bulldogs have been one of the most active sides in the player market in recent months, signing the likes of Steve Crichton, Blake Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Bronson Xerri and Kurt Mann.
They have also given former club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner permission to explore his options on the open market, having initially told him to stay away from training.

It comes as the proposed deal between Canterbury and former Sydney Roosters prop Sio Siua Taukeiaho collapsed after a medical assessment revealed he had a foot injury which required surgery.
Thats right lets get all the other teams backs, that way we just can't lose.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Didn't you vote yes @Flanagun ?
Are you hoping folks forgot that?
I've raised the Averillo topic, and you called me out on evidence with your @04 Dreaming account.
You don't remember that?
Folks also have raised Tracey v Averillo in defence and normal play.
Averillo only holds his own in broken play where he has space to run around/away from other players.
If he lacked speed, he would not be considered beyond NSW Cup.
Apologies for the inconvenient truth, I'm sure you can reconcile with one of your personalities to lessen the suffering.
I did vote yes.... and would do so again tomorrow, if given the chance...

As for your your conspiracy theories about me being other members... we all know the only other member I am is you. Which means you voted yes, too... no matter how much you try to deny it.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One or two of them, perhaps... not the 5000 we have signed lol.

PS we all know there is only one true utility half
I believe more in retention, stability, promotion from within and only recruit in key strategic areas. 1-2 correct signings adding to a current roster and promoting the right players changes an entire roster. Constantly chopping and changing the roster doesn't do any good.

In 2009 when we signed Ennis, Kimmorley, Hannant, Hodgson, Stagg, Eastwood, Morris and Goodwin it was a mix of youth and experience signings, we also had Ryan, Patten, El Masri and Utai still at the club as the experienced winners, we promoted Barba, Idris and Kite from the 20's to the top squad. We had planned to promote Daniel Harrison he didn't kick on with us returned to Manly and Taumata obvious reasons why he didn't. Fringe players from within like Roberts got more of a chance. Kimmorley and Hodgson were short term signings. The others were planned to be long-term.

I rather us have the Shane Flanagan approach at Dragons. Show a bit of faith with the current roster. Promote players from within. Just make 2-3 gap signings. Use the cash to go for the big players like they are with Manu, Deardon and AFB. It's clear messaging. It's not mixed messaging. Players know where they stand.

@Flanagun did you listen to Aaron Woods on Triple M? He spoke about players watching over their shoulders if they will be moved on. Doesn't provide for a good stability or environment.

@Nasheed did a brilliant post earlier this morning I plan to reply to that and give my views.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has drawn it’s line in the sand, weed the lazy, the negative, the losing culture out of the club and bring in those who want to be there, those that want to help lift the club and make it a happy positive winning environment again …

After reading this tripe, it might be time for those that run TK to draw it’s own line in the sand … short term 1 month bans for trolling … 3 strikes and your out !

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did vote yes.... and would do so again tomorrow, if given the chance...

As for your your conspiracy theories about me being other members... we all know the only other member I am is you. Which means you voted yes, too... no matter how much you try to deny it.
Do you not realise that, as the Alpha persona, I allow you to think that for your own welfare?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just block them all Wendy, your stress levels will drop by 50% guaranteed.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah maybe it's time for those of us who just love the club, with no agenda against this bs that's going on between the "clown" faction Versus the "vigilantes against the clown" faction to say:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We are sick of both factions. The silent? majority are sick of ALL of you guys trashing the club and hijacking good debateable issues and threads with bile.

Put the club and it's reputation first and foremost please.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree. I’ve muted 4-5 clowns that just talk shit and have no real interest in the dogs nor do they have anything good in their sad pathetic life’s so they try and amuse themselves here. It’s fucking said really.

With that said how many of us have just muted them? It’s time the mods do something and piss them off. It’s beyond stupid how many people have done it now to get rid of their dribble.

Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if dickweed, 04 floppa, failagain, power bottom are all 1 extremely sad fucking loser.

Anyway on topic i don’t mind Tracey and could be a good pick up and makes backline interesting. We need some props. We all know it so does Gus.

AFB and may is a must. Be all over moorey from raiders too. Those 3 with king could be a great rotation for us!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey is an excellent player and deserves a starting spot. Question is what position at the dogs? I’m thinking the number 1. He improved out of site backfilling for Kennedy last year … That leaves us a Very expensive centre in Crichton.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming None of us have sworn at other members and only stick to the topics. Others know what we and some others like @Flanagun and @Nasheed say is right they instead have to launch the tirades they don’t want to accept the NRL is passing Gus by, Ciraldo wasn’t the right choice, we need someone just someone to show backbone leadership and the constant changing of the roster doesn’t bring any good or stability.

I proved an analysis of Connor Tracey and no one can discuss the football side of things because I am right. If a club was rebuilding they keep Averillo who 4yrs younger and played 12 more games already. The short term fixes you need to do it all again 12-24 months later. The cycle never ends.

I also raise the point our top 30 is currently exhausted. To sign a Connor Tracey we have to look at a logical player trade that would suit them. Fox isn’t an option because they have Ronaldo and Katoa. No one can logically discuss this and doesn’t understand registered NRL contracts

And we don’t seem to be in a cap position to fully donate RFM to someone and because our own club has leaked about RFM other clubs are one step ahead of Gould knowing eventually he’ll have to pay full freight to get rid of him. RFM isn’t chasing an extra year so he doesn’t have to do anything. He’s got his last pay day. People can’t see the logic in this. Always look at different ways to skin a cat never go head first. So many of our deluded fans don’t want to critically analyse anything.

We are running a risk having Edwards as a train & trial. If just one other club rated him he would be gone. Maybe I know nothing as I do rate him. Once a club chased Wilson he was offered top 30.

Our media communications is all over the place and that’s a lack of backbone from the top.

Once people accept it’s not a rebuild and not get blinded by all this we will have a chance of being successful.

Originally the yes vote had 70% support it ended up to under 40% nationally in no time despite having all the financial resources and media backing. Only one area backed it. The no vote chipped away and slowly grew. The yes voters became more angrier and couldn’t have logical discussion. All the king Gus handles have this trait. Yes voters in the end encouraged to vote often and so many accounts seem to be the same.
Shut the fuck up nasheed, and stop creating all of these burner accounts. Everyone is sick and tired of your dribble!!!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey is an excellent player and deserves a starting spot. Question is what position at the dogs? I’m thinking the number 1. He improved out of site backfilling for Kennedy last year … That leaves us a Very expensive centre in Crichton.
He can play wing, centre, fullback and 5/8