Canterbury find Mbye replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
99 % of any footballers are not as big as gi. And hes only a kid give him half a chance to finish growing. Just think it was a stupid thing to say, we need more talent and speed notmore fat slow bastards
Yeah I’m not saying he won’t get bigger or it’s a negative thing if he’s got less size and more speed. He actually reminds me a lot of Dylan Edwards from Penrith.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound like a Meaney, but Frawley was Canberrra’s u20’s player of the year, and Holland was Newcastle’s NSW Cup player of the year.

Let’s hope he delivers more on his promise.

Adding some speed will have to be beneficial.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed about this signing.

1. He's had a few leg/ankle injuries now in his career.
2. Knights are dead last in NSW Cup.
3. He can't tackle (much like Brad Abbey just tries to bump away the player).
4. We have better options in NSW Cup already.

I cannot see him being anything more than a replacement for a departing (or promoted) NSW Cup player. Will get torn a new one in NRL.

If he was any good there are 15 other sides that could have snatched him already, and clearly Newcastle didn't want him with Ponga around, even as backup.

Wonder what lofty salary the title of Recruitment Manager comes with. "They" did this before in the previous era... jobs for themselves and family, and it screwed the club.
You're a great contributor to this place but fuck you're negative. Kid's been injured so give him a break and worry about his potential after we've had a shot with him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we unearth some talent with these younger signings. Will be a very inexperienced backline though with Meaney, Crichton and Olive.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s already an improvement on the dimwit we have now
This guy has balls and a heart
Rapt with the signing
3 or 4 more top prospects and we are set

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope we unearth some talent with these younger signings. Will be a very inexperienced backline though with Meaney, Crichton and Olive.
And Katoa please sign.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And Katoa please sign.
Just looking at his profile on the sharks website. Chester Hill hornets junior, maybe they can get rid of Montoya and still say we've got a junior in the FG side.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is up with us getting Newcastle players?cogger and meaney!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You asked who we have that is a better option:
JMK (he has played fullback in the past)
Holland

NSW Cup
Nu Brown
Josh Bergamin
Lachland Lewis

Jersey Flegg
Clayton

UPCOMING
Logen Dillon
Kurt Picken
Jake Averillo
Pay no attention guys Mr I 's being a meany :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not terribly glowing reviews from the Knights fans.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/threads/bulldogs-interested-in-nick-meaney.16401/#post-491810

You're a great contributor to this place but fuck you're negative. Kid's been injured so give him a break and worry about his potential after we've had a shot with him.
Have watched all the televised games of NSW Cup last year, and most this year too (albeit he only played in two because he once again injured his ankle).

People are jerking their gherkins like this bloke is up there with Ponga and will be the saviour to the #1 jersey.

HE WON'T, and I'm happy to be quoted as saying so when he debuts and after a handful of games people are calling for him to be dumped and refer to him as a "dud", like everyones hate towards Montoya these days.

I don’t want to sound like a Meaney, but Frawley was Canberrra’s u20’s player of the year, and Holland was Newcastle’s NSW Cup player of the year.
Everyone blew loads over Cleeland because he was the NSW Cup Player of the year.
Everyone blew loads because Lichaa was the Under 20s NSW hooker.

People need to be realistic... this bloke is average, and of the same ilk as Patrick Templeman, Brent Crisp, and Brett Lane.

If being realistic because I've seen the guy play before makes me "negative", then so be it, but honestly, he's just an average player.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I read, majority had good reviews about him. A couple had differing opinions but others didn't agree....so don't know what you are banging on about
Are you sure you are reading this properly Mr I?
So who would you like us to sign that IS a fullback....just make sense as the ones you mentioned earlier are ridiculous and laughable as they are not fullbacks and NO.....Tualau is not a fullback either!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not terribly glowing reviews from the Knights fans.

Who cares what they think they're a bunch of liars :grinning:

For f@ck sake Mr I give the kid a break he just signed. You will have plenty of time to tear him down. You might even have a conga line of kennelers behind you willing to do the same by then.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I actually thought most of those comments were actually fairly positive towards the kid. Let' give him a chance as stated he has all of next year to be put down on this place.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed about this signing.

1. He's had a few leg/ankle injuries now in his career.
2. Knights are dead last in NSW Cup.
3. He can't tackle (much like Brad Abbey just tries to bump away the player).
4. We have better options in NSW Cup already.

I cannot see him being anything more than a replacement for a departing (or promoted) NSW Cup player. Will get torn a new one in NRL.

If he was any good there are 15 other sides that could have snatched him already, and clearly Newcastle didn't want him with Ponga around, even as backup.

Wonder what lofty salary the title of Recruitment Manager comes with. "They" did this before in the previous era... jobs for themselves and family, and it screwed the club.
Similar things were said about Patten & he turned out ok

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So who would you like us to sign that IS a fullback....just make sense as the ones you mentioned earlier are ridiculous and laughable as they are not fullbacks and NO.....Tualau is not a fullback either!
I thought you'd never ask. Here are other currently available alernatives:

Charnze-Nicoll Klonstad - GUN
Gideon Gela-Mosby - GUN
Caleb Aekins - Very good
Alexander Brimson - Not sure if he's available.
Nathan Davis - Decent fullback option with pace. Can be injury prone though.
Tyrone Phillips - May not want to return here.
Zac Santo - currently playing for Townsville Blackhawks
Watson Heleta
Jonus Pearson
Toby McIntosh
Tony Tumusa
Henare Wells - getting on a bit though at 25.

Our recruitment have missed out on the prized signatures of:
Brayden McGrady (gone to Panthers next season), and a gun fullback.
Corey Allan (gone to Souths for next 3 season), and a gun fullback.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perfect replacement, and I rate the kid.

Good footskills, enough speed and a nice kicking game when used.

Status
Not open for further replies.