Canterbury Bulldogs replace Steve Mortimer with inaugural female director Anne Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm impressed with your research but how important really is having those qualifications when they can't even have an impartial tribunal on the future of des Hasler? Boys stick together , pack mentality , one for and all and all for one is a stigma associated with males. At least having a woman on board is a small step towards deodorising the stale air of the club.
It's not even about that.

If they wanted a woman for diversity, why not promote Raelene to a board member, and get ourselves another CEO.

Raelene actually has credentials that would work well with the board (she was running Netball NZ).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ffs lol. We ain't got time for waiting for hormonal bitches to control their hormones. It's a sports business and main focus is to win premierships not win fkn diversity or political correct awards ffs.
How goods the boys club goin for ya?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If they wanted a woman for diversity, why not promote Raelene to a board member, and get ourselves another CEO.

Raelene actually has credentials that would work well with the board (she was running Netball NZ).
Lol I don't think its a promotion going from CEO to board member is it?
I agree though shes definitely not CEO material for a football club.
I'd say marketing manager

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How goods the boys club goin for ya?
Was going better prior to the introduction of Ms Castle. Germany was better without that female chancellor.

How's picking and choosing facts going for ya?

Look if this chick actually gets shit done and isn't here to say I'm here I'm girl I'm strong and moves our club forward I will eat my words. Until then this is a typical "diversity" "feminist" grab shit ploy.

And you know its a political correct term when eeee agrees with your posts.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what I want to understand is, and I'll go point by point

• The board is filled with successful businessmen
  • We should have found another successful business person because they know what they're doing
  • This new board member was selected by said successful businessmen
  • These successful businessmen know what they are doing because they're successful
  • So they would have gone through their proper checks and balances in selecting a new board member
  • But she shouldn't have been selected because she's not a successful business person

Lol ffs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was going better prior to the introduction of Ms Castle. Germany was better without that female chancellor.

How's picking and choosing facts going for ya?

Look if this chick actually gets shit done and isn't here to say I'm here I'm girl I'm strong and moves our club forward I will eat my words. Until then this is a typical "diversity" "feminist" grab shit ploy.

And you know its a political correct term when eeee agrees with your posts.
Lol I think that's the first time I've ever actually laughed at your post

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So what I want to understand is, and I'll go point by point

• The board is filled with successful businessmen
  • We should have found another successful business person because they know what they're doing
  • This new board member was selected by said successful businessmen
  • These successful businessmen know what they are doing because they're successful
  • So they would have gone through their proper checks and balances in selecting a new board member
  • But she shouldn't have been selected because she's not a successful business person

Lol ffs
Because boobs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As long as she can voice her opinions and stand up to the alpha males then all good, otherwise she better make good cups of tea

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The board gets paid peanuts compared to the CEO so I'm not sure how that would be a promotion. Who is a better candidate for the board ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who were the other candidates and how did they stack up. On the surface she looks like she brings something to the table and has bulldog blood. Her being a woman or man makes no difference to me. Usual suspects talking shit without even knowing her or what she brings

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol I think that's the first time I've ever actually laughed at your post
Firstly you've already used that line.
Secondly you took that line from me.
So essentially to add to the feminist list is they're frauds.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly you've already used that line.
Secondly you took that line from me.
So essentially to add to the feminist list is they're frauds.
When you say 'firstly' does that lessen the importance of secondly?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thinking she was hired to be pc is a bit rough. Saying she has nothing else to offer. She has family ties to the club, which means she cares about more than about her next pay rise, and having political ties cant hurt, especially if u are ever chasing govt funding for things like ground upgrades.

Hasnt earned any praise or reason to flame her yet in the position. Hasnt had a chance. I prefer to wait and see what people earn before judging.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's amazing... who has that level of interest to care about whoever was appointed to this position? How are you working out who has the credentials? What form guide are you reading from?? We could change the guy running water and someone would give a passionate response as to why we've gone with the wrong water guy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thinking she was hired to be pc is a bit rough. Saying she has nothing else to offer. She has family ties to the club, which means she cares about more than about her next pay rise, and having political ties cant hurt, especially if u are ever chasing govt funding for things like ground upgrades.

Hasnt earned any praise or reason to flame her yet in the position. Hasnt had a chance. I prefer to wait and see what people earn before judging.
Spot on, she has enough credentials to deserve a fair go before being judged either way.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anne Sinclair has a very strong Bulldog background, but may still be a Ray Dib stooge brought in to give him more support.

But I don't think so. The bloke she works for, Tony Burke MP, the Member for Watson is as straight as a die and a fair dinkum Bulldog fan; and in my opinion wouldn't employ an anti Bulldogs spy. So I don't think its just a bullshit gender thing, I reckon Anne Sinclair will go okay.

But I still wish Turvey was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.