Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a "rumour" whispering around that Ben Roberts will be playing for the Titties very soon.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we shift some deadwood I.e. roberts and tandy we certainly have enough for another marque signing. I think once browne regains fitness and form he will certainly be considered in the 17 if not starting. Kasiano needs another year or 2 of development in reserves before we see his true potential. Fully fit team will mean armit/paea/browne will fight for 2 prop spots. That is if you start with stagg, ryan, prichard, eastwood, tolman. Then tge other bench spots to go to payne and either halatau or foster as the utility players.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
im happy with sam starting or in the 17 his big enough and brings aggression

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's going through a medical as we speak.... Apparently he has a bad back.... Dogs wanna see if his worth the headache injury wise

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's going through a medical as we speak.... Apparently he has a bad back.... Dogs wanna see if his worth the headache injury wise
hmmm fair enough hope we aren't paying massive bucks on him then

probably there to replace hodgo & tandy

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jamal Idris expected to make decision on NRL future after receiving offer from Canterbury-Bankstown
By Josh Massoud
The Daily Telegraph April 01, 2011 8:02AM
Coming or going ... Jamal Idris is nearing decision time. Source: Gregg Porteous / News Limited
Jamal Idris is on the verge of deciding his future after receiving a formal offer from Canterbury-Bankstown on Wednesday.

Tinkler now owns the knights and i am sure his brown paper bags will ensure Idris goes... I hope i am wrong but i'd be leaning to him leaving.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
James Graham is only 25 too, barring injuries has a good 6 or so years left in his prime.

Harrigan83

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have just been thinking as when I posted that link it was the middle of the day on the 31st where I am. But Gower back to the NRL?! Surely the whole thing is an April Fools joke. The time difference threw me off :lol:

P

Paint.

I have just been thinking as when I posted that link it was the middle of the day on the 31st where I am. But Gower back to the NRL?! Surely the whole thing is an April Fools joke. The time difference threw me off :lol:
There were rumours a few weeks ago that the Eels were after Gower for a mid-year transfer, heard of it once but it never popped back up, not sure what to believe

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This was in todays RLW, on Page 10.

POM GRAHAM ON WAY TO BELMORE

GREAT BRITAIN CAPTAIN JAMES GRAHAM is on the verge of signing a rich deal with the Bulldogs.
The St Helens star is off contract and in hot demand Down Under.
Manly Chief Executive Graham Lowe denies his club is interested, opening the door for the Bulldogs to swoop.
"We are not in the race", Lowe says.
A tight-lipped Graham declined to comment on his future when contacted by RLW.
"I don't really want to talk about it at the moment. I'm just concentrating on St Helens right now".

Phil Lowe, ex-England Test Forward who played at Manly in the '70s is convinced Graham would thrive.
"The NRL is a very tough competition but we've seen that our best players are capable of making an impact", Lowe says.
"Adrian Morley was a revelation, Gareth Ellis and Sam Burgess are going well and I've no doubt James could if he decides to go.

- PHIL WILKINSON & TONY ADAMS

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cheers man
anyone got his stats from games over there
cant remember seeing him I know his a prop how old would he be next year?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cheers man
anyone got his stats from games over there
cant remember seeing him I know his a prop how old would he be next year?
From memory, he is only 25.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is only young isn't he? About the same age as hannant. I was a bit sceptical about dogs throwing big money at him I would have preferred someone like snowden but it seems he is a real superstar over there and is dominating all teams for last 3 years. One of the years he even beat youngequest with most meters lol. But seriously he would compliment tolman very well and presuming ryan is finishing up and staying with prichard and eastwood that will ensure dogs have one of the biggest if not the best packs in the comp. Bench can have players like kasiano, paea, browne, halatau, payne, taupau, foster and even possibly burr or finucane pushing for selection.

But still a long long way to go til then. Exciting times ahead though if the graham rumours are true.

P

Paint.

i was just thinking about it, hodgson, roberts, tandy, gone, probably another fringe FGer or two as well, and that's enough for a marquee player like someone said. I thought, that's great, we can signa marquee centre... but we have morris and idris (pending signature). Then I thought we'd get a gun half, but we've got Keating, Hodko and a few gun juniors. A gun backrower... but we have Ryan, Stagg, Payne, Pritchard, Foster, Halatau, already, and a few gun juniors here as well. Then the front row... well, we have Tolman, Eastwood, Kasiano, Millington, Armit, Paea, Taupau who are more than willing to take the big hits, so we're pretty much set, bar a gun winger, maybe even a prop, we really dont need much improvement, on paper at least.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was just thinking about it, hodgson, roberts, tandy, gone, probably another fringe FGer or two as well, and that's enough for a marquee player like someone said. I thought, that's great, we can signa marquee centre... but we have morris and idris (pending signature). Then I thought we'd get a gun half, but we've got Keating, Hodko and a few gun juniors. A gun backrower... but we have Ryan, Stagg, Payne, Pritchard, Foster, Halatau, already, and a few gun juniors here as well. Then the front row... well, we have Tolman, Eastwood, Kasiano, Millington, Armit, Paea, Taupau who are more than willing to take the big hits, so we're pretty much set, bar a gun winger, maybe even a prop, we really dont need much improvement, on paper at least.
hence why i made a thread on our wingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.