News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this happens we are deadset stupid. JK has done a amazing role turning our club around amid the crap we been through.

Side note, if or any of us moderators see anyone going off topic and batting each other around, we will close the thread. Final warning to all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If this happens we are deadset stupid. JK has done a amazing role turning our club around amid the crap we been through.

Side note, if or any of us moderators see anyone going off topic and batting each other around, we will close the thread. Final warning to all.
This isn't making it to the third page

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Yeah, fair. Just thought given the amount of shade he had thrown at others, one certain member deserved a little humble pie. Anyway, I made my point. I'm sorry. I'll stop replying now.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If JK is moving on, it’s more likely on his terms and he’s looking for a fresh start in another capacity - the media have probably caught wind of it and made it look like boardroom chaos and drama.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t see the problem with the billionaire boss of a tech company coming in to be the boss of a business.

I don’t even know how football boards even work and I bet the players don’t give 2 fucks either lol

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If JK is moving on, it’s more likely on his terms and he’s looking for a fresh start in another capacity - the media have probably caught wind of it and made it look like boardroom chaos and drama.
Definitely is more to this story

JK was the man who convinced PG to come to the Dogs, and no way would PG dethrone JK

Article sounds like an alcohol fuelled Rothfield 1am rant

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incorrect. You just blast anyone with a negative view about the current direction of the club (not the club itself, but the current direction) because you are uncomfortable asking yourself why those reasons might be. That's your failing, not mine or Polly's.
The club had become all about two people and not the actual club itself. These players like Hayward, Papalii, etc were around long before our current chairman and GM them two take all the credit. The North Coast Bulldogs partnership was formed when Andrew Hill and Lynne Anderson were around and all NRL clubs have been assigned a region. Eli Clark has been with us since Hill was CEO. It's been made out to be about two people before the club itself.

Canterbury has always had strong juniors, strong pathways, strong systems. We've lacked the NRL component of the club. The most important part of the club.

A lot of deals have been done to prevent elections in the past. When the EGM signatures got put together one of the three new directors was a very firm Dib ally. When the two directors were removed not long after the Barrett coach sacking when Paul Kent called them fan boys they were replaced by another Dib ally and what seemed to be a neutral in Druissi.

When you all cheered no nominations for the board I said they didn't need to challenge as Khoury was one vote away from being ousted as chairman. One too many deals to prevent elections cost Khoury the job from within.

I predicted there wouldn't be a board challenge and predicted Khoury wasn't safe as chairman as one director clearly being Druissi who wasn't in a faction had chairman ambitions and now aligned himself with a faction. This meant Khoury was one vote away from being ousted. The Khoury faction was Mortimer, Thomas and Gifford. One of them has given Druissi the numbers to be chairman.

What's interesting is how quick Gould changed from being a 1-2 partnership with Khoury to now supporting Druissi lilke Khoury never existed. Gould backs the winning team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone essentially know the reason why he'd "apparently" be voted out? What's been the specific problem?

Article alluding that Gould is involved in this so probably Murdoch/DT agenda muck-raking?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely is more to this story

JK was the man who convinced PG to come to the Dogs, and no way would PG dethrone JK

Article sounds like an alcohol fuelled Rothfield 1am rant
Gould supports the winning team his job isn't affected. He might be accountable for any mistakes now. Druissi will handle Gould differently to not handling him at all.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club had become all about two people and not the actual club itself. These players like Hayward, Papalii, etc were around long before our current chairman and GM them two take all the credit. The North Coast Bulldogs partnership was formed when Andrew Hill and Lynne Anderson were around and all NRL clubs have been assigned a region. Eli Clark has been with us since Hill was CEO. It's been made out to be about two people before the club itself.

Canterbury has always had strong juniors, strong pathways, strong systems. We've lacked the NRL component of the club. The most important part of the club.

A lot of deals have been done to prevent elections in the past. When the EGM signatures got put together one of the three new directors was a very firm Dib ally. When the two directors were removed not long after the Barrett coach sacking when Paul Kent called them fan boys they were replaced by another Dib ally and what seemed to be a neutral in Druissi.

When you all cheered no nominations for the board I said they didn't need to challenge as Khoury was one vote away from being ousted as chairman. One too many deals to prevent elections cost Khoury the job from within.

I predicted there wouldn't be a board challenge and predicted Khoury wasn't safe as chairman as one director clearly being Druissi who wasn't in a faction had chairman ambitions and now aligned himself with a faction. This meant Khoury was one vote away from being ousted. The Khoury faction was Mortimer, Thomas and Gifford. One of them has given Druissi the numbers to be chairman.

What's interesting is how quick Gould changed from being a 1-2 partnership with Khoury to now supporting Druissi lilke Khoury never existed. Gould backs the winning team.
polly waffle

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I struggle to see how this is a win for anyone. If this bloke is Gould aligned it makes a mockery of the Rayanchero lovers who spend their time white anting Gould.

And JK is copping an un-lubed cucumber after supposedly doing a good job and is well liked.

We really are the Kings of self inflicted harm..

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
If this happens and this is buzz we are talking about what would he know about the dogs....I think it is someone being knifed for being good not for being bad. I think Adam or whoever my want to take credit for the improvements we have made and be the face of the new bulldogs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
8 out of 34 posts in this thread by the clowns.

Compare that to 1 out of 122 in the ‘our future looks good’ thread.

No need to say any more.
Why would we post on threads saying how bright the future is if we don't really feel good about those at the helm and the future they are shaping? Honestly, when are you going to learn - you can't project your opinions or optimism onto others. Polly called exactly what was going on behind thescenes at board level long ago. He is clearly in the know. And you continue to disrespect him.

Not me, mate. I didn't believe that everything was all rosy and there was no factionalism. please don't hit me with friendly fire lol