News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to be overthrown in board elections
Daily Telegraph

The Canterbury Bulldogs are facing a boardroom upheaval on the eve of the 2024 NRL premiership kick-off.

This masthead can reveal chairman John Khoury is facing the chop at Sunday’s AGM.

He may even stand down before the meeting, knowing the numbers are against him.

Khoury has been in charge at Belmore since 2020 when he took over from Lynne Anderson.

The Bulldogs chairman is not returning phone calls or text messages.

General manager of football Phil Gould and other directors have spoken to Khoury in regards to his position. They have the numbers to elect a new chairman.

It’s understood businessman Adam Driussi has the support to become the new chairman. He is also close to Gould and chief executive Aaron Warburton.

The Bulldogs football club AGM is on Sunday morning.

Canterbury have always lacked stability in the boardroom.

They have had three chairs in six years – Ray Dib, Anderson and Khoury.

Knowing his situation, Khoury might stand down before the meeting.

It is a disappointing development for the Bulldogs after Friday night’s super impressive trial match win over Melbourne Storm at Belmore.

It is a shame too for Khoury, who is a gentleman and one of the nicest men in the game.

Some say too nice and not strong enough to deal with boardroom politics that have cost him his job.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Adam Driussi new Chairman

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone do a welfare check on @DinkumDog? I would, but we don't talk any more. lol
@Flanagun Now we know why the Dib forces never ran for the board. They got the target they wanted without having to fire a shot.

I said during the week Druissi will be the next chairman.

Druissi switched factions ages ago. He's been doing the numbers. One of Mortimer or Thomas switched their vote. It wouldn't have been Gifford.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting development. See what happens I guess, this Adam bloke seems very very wealthy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone do a welfare check on @DinkumDog? I would, but we don't talk any more. lol
Why would anyone need a welfare check? I couldn’t care less who the Chair is as long as we have some stability which unfortunately again it appears we don’t.

We don’t talk? Oh, that’s right - because you tried and failed to get me banned as you were having a meltdown and I agreed to stay away from you :tearsofjoy:.

I’ll talk to anyone - just forgive me if I nod off during one of your moral crusade tomes.

PS: have you and @Polly Power had a cuddle today?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun Now we know why the Dib forces never ran for the board. They got the target they wanted without having to fire a shot.

Druissi switched factions ages ago. He's been doing the numbers. One of Mortimer or Thomas switched their vote. It wouldn't have been Gifford.
Yep... you called this. And people say you're a troll who doesn't know what he's talking about lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Deadset grubby business - wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. Can never please everyone and the knives are always out. Thanks for the effort JK if it goes that way and bring forth the next sacrificial lamb.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Deadset grubby business - wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. Can never please everyone and the knives are always out. Thanks for the effort JK if it goes that way and bring forth the next sacrificial lamb.
Adam is HIM though.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

How many accounts do you have?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... you called this. And people say you're a troll who doesn't know what he's talking about lol
He is and so are you. Very little input in any other threads other than ones where you can post a negative view towards the club or anything related to the administration.

Funny thing is neither of you are voting members but you seem to have a huge interest here. Go figure