Opinion Can Bulldogs football club members ask for an emergency meeting ?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to know if a few of the football club members get together and ask for an emergency club meeting to see exactly what's going on and ask for some explanation as to what's going on and what their actual plan going forward is. There are so many questions that need asked. Is there any chance of that happening.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want to know if a few of the football club members get together and ask for an emergency club meeting to see exactly what's going on and ask for some explanation as to what's going on and what their actual plan going forward is. There are so many questions that need asked. Is there any chance of that happening.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Success takes time. We've been cleaning out reserve graders turning over 10 each year for the last 3. Another 10 to be let go this year, with 4 new signings to date.
Nothing can be done re Coach. He's here for 5 years.
So what's the point of a meeting? To confirm that we are fucked? You know that already.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They will tell you that it's a trip down the mines and we haven't even entered the pit.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want to know if a few of the football club members get together and ask for an emergency club meeting to see exactly what's going on and ask for some explanation as to what's going on and what their actual plan going forward is.
They will tell you that it's a trip down the mines and we haven't even entered the pit.
There are so many questions that need asked. Is there any chance of that happening.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Success takes time. We've been cleaning out reserve graders turning over 10 each year for the last 3. Another 10 to be let go this year, with 4 new signings to date.
Nothing can be done re Coach. He's here for 5 years.
So what's the point of a meeting? To confirm that we are fucked? You know that already.
Facts can not be ignored and overlooked and the 66-0 drubbing is an embarrassment, but
1. No excuses but injuries and bad calls did cost us
2. Our roster is yet to be completed, we are desperate for a halfback and 2 forwards, ( no quality available )
3. Approximately up to 3 million dollars worth of deadwood prior to Gus and CC's time still to be cleared.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Gus has been clear about what the next couple of seasons are going to look like and on how the club will progress? Problem is, people don’t like the truth or don’t want to believe it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
See Gus' interview on Youtube - he covers the plan pretty well there, and doesn't shy away from the fact that it's going to be tough for a while yet.
It's an honest and mature interview, and should tell you all you need to know.

It might make some Kennelers think about the way we've been hounding the young players, who have been forced into the top grade before they're ready - and been put into positions they are not suited for, because we have no choice. Perham is a prime example.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They can blame previous boards etc but CC & Gus need to cop or explain signings and extensions like TPJ, Sutton, Perham, RFM, Reynolds
And selections like Okunbor in the forwards or even first grade side, Perham getting 18 straight games at fullback and Gus comes out and says this week he was never a fullback and has been playing out of position to help the team?

they keep saying we need forwards & a half yet we keep signing centres eg Crichton, Xerri, Ward yes we did just get Sexton who I know nothing about but most on here seem to say he’s pretty ordinary

Malla

Reaction score
To discuss what?

Anybody here have a solution that's not 'SKELTON NEEDS TO START ON THE WING' or 'SACK PERHAM'

Do you lot not understand english? Pretty sure Gus said from the outset this would take a few years. I trust he didn't say that because he was giving himself time or anything like that, he can genuinely see the basket case that we were.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
See Gus' interview on Youtube - he covers the plan pretty well there, and doesn't shy away from the fact that it's going to be tough for a while yet.
It's an honest and mature interview, and should tell you all you need to know.

It might make some Kennelers think about the way we've been hounding the young players, who have been forced into the top grade before they're ready - and been put into positions they are not suited for, because we have no choice. Perham is a prime example.
Cant fully agree on Perham CH. There were options (and still are) that appear to be better. The guy has been struggling for a while and has been copping it hard on our socials. Ciro left it too long and kinda hung him out to dry or was very bad at protecting his mental health. Hope thats one of the lessons learnt that Gus talked about.

The other lesson is with Oki who is copping it bad in socials as well and its only a matter of time before he goes on stress leave :(

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They can blame previous boards etc but CC & Gus need to cop or explain signings and extensions like TPJ, Sutton, Perham, RFM, Reynolds
And selections like Okunbor in the forwards or even first grade side, Perham getting 18 straight games at fullback and Gus comes out and says this week he was never a fullback and has been playing out of position to help the team?

they keep saying we need forwards & a half yet we keep signing centres eg Crichton, Xerri, Ward yes we did just get Sexton who I know nothing about but most on here seem to say he’s pretty ordinary
Many on here happy to accept mediocrity for the next 6-7 years. So, no questions.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I don’t see them ‘blaming’. TPJ was Barrett, done just a couple of weeks before Gus arrived. I agree Josh Reynolds should not have been signed. Beyond the PR stuff and maybe the view his ‘experience’ could help a young team that was a failure. Okunbor would be nowhere near FG forwards if Thompson and Kikau weren’t out all/most of the season. Xerri and Ward cost nothing and were about balancing the cap, proven by Averillo’s departure who wanted too much to stay.

So yeah, not perfect but most things so far are perfectly explainable from my perspective.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was always going to be a tough year and very few thought we would be in the top eight, yes we thought we would be doing better but the horrendous injury toll has killed us this year, you just can't form combinations and be competitive with almost half your top players sitting on the sideline.
I suggest we just bunker down and hold off the headsman's axe till at least around 5-6 next season when we have pretty much a competitive squad and hopefully fewer injuries.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Gus has been clear about what the next couple of seasons are going to look like and on how the club will progress? Problem is, people don’t like the truth or don’t want to believe it.
I can cope that obviously but I can’t cope with what we showed against Newcastle. Never want to see a performance like that again for a long long time

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gould answered all of your questions in the press conference yesterday.

Always a Bulldog

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus put it all out there yesterday with a big full stop mark at the end of it. Anything else said from here by anyone at the club will be what Gus tells them to say

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cop a few more 40/50/60 - 0 scorelines, I'm sure there will be

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No members cant call meetings at all. But some can vote when there is elections. It would be like can the public raise a emergency meeting in parliament, which of course they cant

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pleaae Gus is manipulating our mined trying to buy time for himself so we should just shut up and cop this shit week in week out for the next 3 yrs.