Cameron Ciraldo

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not convinced yet (we are after all running 4th last) but at least we are playing better.

I dont know who's responsible to ensure we get a top shelf HB but i cant help but feel, between him and Gus, they have both failed with a few players already having hit the market.

I know people will say so and so was never leaving, but im sure if you offer the $$ they will come.

This team is crying for a DCE. Honestly, give him 1.2M for 2 seasons and let him get us to finals.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not convinced yet (we are after all running 4th last) but at least we are playing better.

I dont know who's responsible to ensure we get a top shelf HB but i cant help but feel, between him and Gus, they have both failed with a few players already having hit the market.

I know people will say so and so was never leaving, but im sure if you offer the $$ they will come.

This team is crying for a DCE. Honestly, give him 1.2M for 2 seasons and let him get us to finals.
Agreed. If he or any other top shelf halfback is available throw them big money for a couple of years while the young guys come through.

Ciro looks like a coach that gets the best out of an average team. I’m looking forward to him having a great team.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you're trying to reference me without tagging me, I've said it from the start I can't wait to proven wrong and will make a thread about it.
To be honest I didn’t take too much notice of who was referring to CC as the assistant because in my mind it is/was utter garbage and very premature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To be honest I didn’t take too much notice of who was referring to CC as the assistant because in my mind it is/was utter garbage and very premature.

Well he was an assistant so it wasn't premature...

Having players that actually want to play for our jersey helps him.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having players that actually want to play for jersey helps him.
I guess he was right about last years pack. Just a bunch of whingers and losers

It’ll be interesting to see what he does next week. Tracey shouldn’t lose his spot, and taafe was coming along. We all know who has to go but i can’t see him doing it, which is weird cause he did it to flanno

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The difference between last season and now is he actually has a roster of players that play for him and believe in his systems

He’s starting to find his feet as a FG coach and just needs to improve his rotations and in game adjustments ie having two interchanges left up your sleeve at FT when he could’ve put got Hayward back on or stinted Salmon etc

Overall happy with the direction of the team
He needs to make some big calls now because the back 5 should not be tinkered with and Hutch needs to go to the bench with Sexton/Hayward/Taffe at 7

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree. Salmon’s minutes need to reduce and we have decent cover at back row and lock. But until we get another top prop, we need someone like Max King playing as much as possible. A tiring Max King is still better than a fresh Liam Knight
I hope Suluka-Fafita can do a job for us once he is fit. Hughes continues to improve as well as Faamausili. That gives us a 4 prop rotation not including Curran, Patolo, Knight and Sutton. That frees up Curran to play lock with Mann and then means Preston and Kikau don't have to play 80 minutes week in week out. Morrin can chime in with a 20 minute cameo too.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the improvements this season in defence, spirit, desperation, effort and even the last few weeks with our attack is just a hater at this point.

I wasn't sold on Ciraldo going into the season but he's done a great job so far this season, even if I don't agree with everything he does
Our defence also is so much improved on last season. We need to be fit to play the up tempo defensive plan and we are

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference between last season and now is he actually has a roster of players that play for him and believe in his systems

He’s starting to find his feet as a FG coach and just needs to improve his rotations and in game adjustments ie having two interchanges left up your sleeve at FT when he could’ve put got Hayward back on or stinted Salmon etc

Overall happy with the direction of the team
He needs to make some big calls now because the back 5 should not be tinkered with and Hutch needs to go to the bench with Sexton/Hayward/Taffe at 7
Last year I’d be hesistant to put taafe in the front line but we have enough protection now. At half his support play would be unbelievable, and he would be involved a lot more

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Having players that actually want to play for jersey helps him.
Yes you said! Was an assistant and past tense. Credit again must go to CC for weeding out the players not wanting to play for the jersey and found it all to hard. Lead by RFM and his sooks complaining about working to hard. The so called assistant is setting some high standards don’t you agree?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was Not 100% sold on him after last year but he's slowly changing my mind, we may not be winning every game yet but he's definitely got the team in every game.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has a long way to go. I believe our defence has gotten better by the mere fact that we got rid of some of the worst defenders in history - Okunbor, Averillo, Alamoti, Waddell, TPJ, Thompson and Perham. Whether that was Gus's call or CC's call is up in the air because we all know that CC stuck with Perham till round 20 dispite his shortcomings as a first grade fullback.

Whereas Bellamy, Wayne and Ricky Stuart do not hesistate in changing the side if something is not working (to the detriment of my Supercoach side). The definition of stupidity in the dictionary is CC's avatar picture and him doing the same thing for 20 rounds with Perham at fullback and Okunbor at 2nd row.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember people complaining about Perry, Hughes, Harris and Grimaldi when Folkes stuck with them and we won the comp. Ciro reminds me of Folkes. He gets the best out of players.
Yeah Perham is a world class player now.....

Name 1 player that was a NRL player at another club that is better now at the Bulldogs because of Ciraldo than at his previous club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He needs to be less loyal to dud players. Kept picking Perham last season & Hutchison this season. There is no way Hutchison is a better halfback than Sexton.
He’s not being loyal he’s picking the best 17 he can pick. Hutchison has had value for us in these early rounds but he might make a change soon imo

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Salmon is playing with injury. He was better in the trials. Hutchison is not working out but could be an effective 14, and I'm a fan of Mann at 13.

Yes CC doing well and proving the Kennel wrong

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Always been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, coming in to a side in shambles as a rookie coach. Starting to feel genuinely good about the appointment now. We have defensive starch we haven't seen in years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He good but still learning top level like the team itself, which means..
there are better but..
He pretty good , Hayward debut worked, despite the first touch then pulling him off at the end killed it.
Stick by him, the Bulldogs are competitive with the top 4 with fookall..