Cameron Ciraldo | Consolidated thread

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll be so happy at the end of this season when I don’t see articles about Flanno reaching out to our coaching staff and talking about how hard he’s working on his game. In most other eras a player with that skill set would be nowhere near first grade.

The thing that made me most happy though was CC saying we’ll find our own identity. I’m so over we’ll be the “dogs of war” or bring back the madness, leave that in the past.
If only he was that assertive taking on the line and leading the attack

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be trying to develop our own just like the panthers have. If other clubs are trying to poach our players then we know we are headed in the right direction.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs rookie coach Cameron Ciraldo has declared he won’t plunder the Panthers despite three of their best players being headed for the open market.

Ciraldo has spent the past nine years at Penrith “building trust” but has vowed not to poach players unless they come to him looking to join the Dogs.

The 37-year-old will start his first year as an NRL head coach next month, just in time for November 1 when a host of stars across the league become available for 2024.

But he won’t be picking up the phone and calling off-contract Panthers stars Stephen Crichton, Brian To’o and Liam Martin.

“I’ve got my own values and morals and I’ll stick to that,” Ciraldo told the SMH.

“It’s not going to be me approaching any Penrith players. I’m sure if a Penrith player can’t fit in there, I’d like to think I’d be one of the first people they call. But I won’t be calling them.

“A lot of people at Penrith have done a lot of hard work over a number of years and I’m not going to try and rip that apart. I have my own job to do.

“This is a development club here now at Canterbury.”

Ciraldo knows things will change as the man in charge and is abundantly aware the buck now stops with him.

But the first-year coach has a plan to bring the struggling Bulldogs, who took out the wooden spoon last year, back to the promised land.

“As an assistant coach players look at you differently,” he said.

“You’re more like an older brother. As an assistant, you’re the one telling the jokes and keeping the atmosphere lighthearted.

“I had guys at Penrith for eight or nine years. We built trust.

“I want to come in here and build that same trust so they can come to me. I treat the players how I would want to be treated. I know things are going to be different as a head coach.”

Ciraldo grew up supporting the Tigers and celebrated their 2005 premiership despite playing for the Sharks at the time.

His connection to the club made it even harder to, earlier this year, knock back a lucrative five-year offer to become their next coach.

“At the end of the day it just didn’t feel right,” Ciraldo said.

“It was hard for me because I was a Balmain fan growing up and it’s a club with big plans in place. All I can say is that it just didn’t feel like it was the right club for me.

“The longer the Canterbury conversations went on, the more it felt like it was the right place for me.

“At the end of the day you have to trust your gut instincts and you live and die by that. I’m comfortable that Belmore is the right place for me.”
Lololol Barret said the same thing.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez how many articles can you make from the one interview. It’s definitely off season

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't. All those mentioned will be overpriced anyway

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong morals are very important to have but often prove, inconvenient...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus decides who comes in the end and tbh I don’t care who does as long as they get us back to where we need to be.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brent Read reporting that we are chasing Daine Laurie and offering a 3 year deal
if thats the case there is going to be alot of shoulder tapping coming up

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brent Read reporting that we are chasing Daine Laurie and offering a 3 year deal
He does not offer anything more than what Averillo does, and Averillo has never had a preseason at FB, which shows how bad Laurie is

I hope this is not true though I have heard that the Tigers are ready to throw the kitchen sink at Tom Trbojevic if it all goes sour over the bridge

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He does not offer anything more than what Averillo does, and Averillo has never had a preseason at FB, which shows how bad Laurie is

I hope this is not true though I have heard that the Tigers are ready to throw the kitchen sink at Tom Trbojevic if it all goes sour over the bridge
Fuck no to Laurie