News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The only bit of flat earth he should worry about is the 100x50 bit every weekend
Isn't it 100 x 68 plus In Goal of course which adds 12 metres minimum?

NFL fields are 91 x 49 plus End Zones which add 18 metres.
Will be interesting watching an NRL game on an NFL field, the 19 metres narrower is going to make back line plays compressed.

Always a Bulldog

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's truly a fascinating topic and can see why some find it difficult to comprehend the concept of gravity. For example, two people standing on opposite poles of the earth would appear inverted from a cosmic view.

I'm religious but I guess the concept of rising up to heaven confuses people. We generally think of hell being south of heaven. If someone rose up to heaven from the north pole, they would be going in the opposite direction of someone rising up from the south pole......which raises the question, which way is hell ?

I guess we just need to just use the stars as our point of reference, our ancestors figured that out ages ago.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Show me in the Bible where it mentions a flat earth?
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Exodus - the Ten Commandments.

The ancient belief was that the earth was not exactly flat but saucer shaped, with an enormous mass of water underneath it. Gravity was not seen as a force drawing us towards the centre of the Earth, but drawing us in a fixed direction "down". The earth had to be a saucer or the sea would have spilled over the edge. Since it was not known where the edge was, ships had to be especially careful in uncharted territory lest they sail over the edge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Koreans think the earth is a tower

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

The ancient belief was that the earth was not exactly flat but saucer shaped, with an enormous mass of water underneath it. Gravity was not seen as a force drawing us towards the centre of the Earth, but drawing us in a fixed direction "down". The earth had to be a saucer or the sea would have spilled over the edge. Since it was not known where the edge was, ships had to be especially careful in uncharted territory lest they sail over the edge.
Not sure how you interpret that, but to me that does not say flat earth.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Pretty long bow to use that hilighted sentence as the Bible calling for a flat Earth tbh. If people try to use that then that's piss weak and makes themselves look like idiots.

Dumb/hateful people just like to try link flat earth to believers to make us sound "crazy".

PS there is water under the earth, it's called groundwater.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Pretty long bow to use that hilighted sentence as the Bible calling for a flat Earth tbh. If people try to use that then that's piss weak and makes themselves look like idiots.

Dumb/hateful people just like to try link flat earth to believers to make us sound "crazy".

PS there is water under the earth, it's called groundwater.
Apparently Aristotle first provided evidence of a round earth. But predating that, the Mesopotamians covered the earth being flat in a lot of their writings. Now I believe Assyria is part of the old Mesopotamia?

No denying responsibility bro. Your fault. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Aristotle first provided evidence of a round earth. But predating that, the Mesopotamians covered the earth being flat in a lot of their writings. Now I believe Assyria is part of the old Mesopotamia?

No denying responsibility bro. Your fault. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Hhahahaha we "trusted the science" back then

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is giving it to burto about flat earth, this is the same question as did we land on the moon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone is giving it to burto about flat earth, this is the same question as did we land on the moon.
Probably the same people that believe in aliens, democracy and Epstein killed himself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS I don't really care if they did go to the moon when they said they did, question is why haven't they gone back and why aren't there Lebo builders building high rises on it yet? Lol