News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's that fully committed to being a professional football player, he doesn't spend energy on this sort of stuff. He doesn't do much away from footy besides fishing. That's my main takeaway.

I was gobsmacked initially, thinking "at least have an opinion and back it up", etc, but it's not his expertise, he's dedicated his life to being a professional football player and that's all his life revolves around being.

I've heard he does all the extra work (time) to improve his football play. He's not your average Joe he's a pro football player.
Fuck, that makes it worse!
The fact he is trying.

Imagine if he took his footy casually?

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck, that makes it worse!
The fact he is trying.

Imagine if he took his footy casually?
It's a team sport, a lot of things affect a players performance and dedication, interrupted pre season, etc. Also the way a team performs affects the way the player and the way we see them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets just say the earth is round from out there and is flat from down here.

Then again its something that is always debated and theories still being investigated so his answer is bang on with uncertainty.
No uncertainty about it. The earth is an oblate spheroid. You can find live cameras from any number of satellites that prove it.

How does he think gravity works?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't seen the clip but it's hard to defend someone who thinks something so stupid or says something so dumb... Hopefully his footy IQ improves this year more than his actual IQ has, that's the most important thing for now.. It's not like Freddy, Joey etc were scholars and academics..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A pizza - obviously. With special crust so the water doesn't spill over the edge.

Didn't realise that Burton was so religious.
I haven't read the article so I might be going up the wrong tree..
You mention religious
Is flat earth theory a religious thing

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen the clip but it's hard to defend someone who thinks something so stupid or says something so dumb... Hopefully his footy IQ improves this year more than his actual IQ has, that's the most important thing for now.. It's not like Freddy, Joey etc were scholars and academics..
Yeah I agree,
The great Terry lamb isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either, and he was a great player.
But I'm pretty sure he was smart enough to understand the world is a ball

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No uncertainty about it. The earth is an oblate spheroid. You can find live cameras from any number of satellites that prove it.

How does he think gravity works?
The theory of gravity is actually questioned, as is cameras with their naturally rounded lens giving footage and photos a rounded appearance.

I have delved on this topic plenty before and in the end i just walked away as honestly i personally couldn't give a shit if it was round, triangular or shaped as a dildo as earlier suggested.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apart from flat earth does anyone have the link to that bulldogs tribute video done like the Liverpool style ?? Talking about what it takes to be a bulldog from a few years ago

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago I was up on the observation deck on the Berj Khalifa.
Burton is correct! The world is flat. And so is his hometown Dubbo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Earth is fat.

Needs to diet.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I haven't read the article so I might be going up the wrong tree..
You mention religious
Is flat earth theory a religious thing
No it's not a religious thing, I never got taught it was flat.

It's just what some atheists who are uneducated or just that hateful like to parrot without knowing what they are talking about.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No it's not a religious thing, I never got taught it was flat.

It's just what some atheists who are uneducated or just that hateful like to parrot without knowing what they are talking about.
Cheers mate,
I was going to say, I went to catholic school as a kid and don't recall learning about flat earth haha.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A pizza - obviously. With special crust so the water doesn't spill over the edge.

Didn't realise that Burton was so religious.
I know you're an older gentleman so I'll keep it friendly....

Show me in the Bible where it mentions a flat earth?

Please, stick to trains.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cheers mate,
I was going to say, I went to catholic school as a kid and don't recall learning about flat earth haha.
Yep, just dumb and/or hateful dunces repeating bullshit they "heard".

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems to me that those writing off Burton's response haven't bothered to think it through.
I can understand his double answer from the view of perspective. For millennia it was believed the earth was flat because it's impossible to see the curvature. Now it's pretty obvious to everyone who isn't into conspiracy, whatever their motivation, that the earth is spherical. So from the perspective of a human standing on the surface of the earth it's flat. But from a scientific perspective it's a sphere. So in actual fact his reply makes perfect sense and therefore he'll be a wonderful 6.