Opinion Burton

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to him he was great at Penrith we might have to move him to centre even if all our halfs suck

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok sack Barrett and don’t fix any of the other problems then
What other problems??? He directly created all of them. I have said many times you can’t fuck him off unless you have a proper coach as a replacement.

But I have also always said why sign the **** in the first place.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh fuck off Marley. I supported Jake and still do but stop looking for failure in others to justify him. You are better than that.

Our problem is Barrett and you know it. I was waiting for people to jump me tonight because JAC scored 2 tries ( 5 metres out no one in front of him..) because I suggested there’s something wrong with him.

There is something wrong with JAC, TRENT FUCKING BARRETT.
I'm not looking for failures, I'm just highlighting the double standards on here and lack of football IQ. People on her still won't admit that the team and Burton looked better in rounds 1 and 2 with Averillo in the halves.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not looking for failures, I'm just highlighting the double standards on here and lack of football IQ. People on her still won't admit that the team and Burton looked better in rounds 1 and 2 with Averillo in the halves.
???? WTF did I say? I supported the same thing you boofhead.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What other problems??? He directly created all of them. I have said many times you can’t fuck him off unless you have a proper coach as a replacement.

But I have also always said why sign the **** in the first place.
Barrett is useless but we have had fitness and resilience problems for 3 coaches now

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you can’t see that the hooker is doing him no favours then you are fried

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is not our saviour but was brought in to add some class and x factor which he's not delivering on.
Agreed he's not the only problem but he has not been one of our better players in any of our games this year.
Something's gotta give
We’ll said, plenty of other issues to fix first but there’s no doubt he’s not offering us much or what he was brought in to do

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has been the biggest disappointment this year so far. He hasn’t shown to inject himself when the time matters and the times that he does chance his hand, generally leads to an error.

DDR

Waterboy
Reaction score
He doesn't have much of a passing game. Passes way too early 99% of the time before drawing the defender. He needs to put more thought into his passes rather than just playing hot potato. He needs an experienced half inside him like Reynolds who can do most of the kicking to free up his running game. I thought that was why Barrett bought Flanagan in but Burton is still made to do most of the kicking. How's that freeing him up ?
100% about his passing. It has frustrated me how he refuses to drag the defenders in to create space for his outside runners. I was at the game tonight and watched it all night. We do not have any creative halves. We only have 3 first receivers unfortunately.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What happened to him he was great at Penrith we might have to move him to centre even if all our halfs suck
Penrith did us no favours playing him at centre all year. They did themselves a favour big time doing it, so i guess you cant blame them, but he has to adjust back to halves now, with the weight of the club on his shoulders. And he just may be a better centre than half.

He doesnt look relaxed, hes trying too hard causing errors. Im not against moving him to centre if half doesnt work out for him, to get the most out of him, if we ever have any realistic 6 replacements ready.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL When u got bklokes like JMK and Jacko giving you the ball LOL
Those blokes both need to go. Jacko can be in the team but change his role ffs.
The smooth talking fraud needs to go mainly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had another bad game and it's frustrating that he's stopped running it when the first few games he ran it a tonne.. He's struggling to find the balance but he also had a nice try assist and got some repeat sets. The talent is there. But he's not playing well. He'll get there soon. If only we had a coach that could utilise him properly and help him get his confidence back.