News Burton supports young stars as Bulldogs release Flegg champions

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So true mate, it’s laughable the people on here want to bag all of the new signings as not elite but it’s the attitude/culture/mindset that they all bring which is the key ingredient that will help us climb out of the hole we have been in, but people just don’t get that.
Spot on mate

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the talent in the World. Size has helped him so far in his career and now his biggest challenge is finding the drive and determination to be the dominating player that a spine player must find in NRL.

At this stage it doesn't look 100% certain that he will fire up sufficiently to handle the playmaking responsibilities of spine 5/8, or inspiring captain, either.

Very accomplished centre most likely his future if he can't find the consistent effort and succesful transition to 5/8 the team desperately needs to improve it's ladder position towards finals appearances.

Hope he does find the motivation to step up into both roles.
Yeah, I hope he can find some mojo in the halves cause his salary is way to much to waste on a player destined for the outside backs in my opinion.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit harsh don’t you think
Yes it was a bit harsh, I hope the bloke don't read these comments from us loungroom coaches.
But I fairness, with all due respect we all vary in the intelligence department.
I'm far from the top end of the iq bell curve I can assure you of that.
I'm starting to think Burton might be on the wrong side of the bell curve.
Harsh thing to say and I probably shouldn't be saying that.
But I understand footy is a simple game in its basic form.
And in most positions being quick between the ears isn't really a attribute required to play your part.
But when you are in the halves that's not the case.
You very much need to be thinking about things ahead of time and setting up plays and reacting on the fly.
Way to often he seems clueless and does silly things at the wrong time and the wrong situation or field position.
I guess they can't all be as smart as Cronk or Smith were.
But at least be smarter than Okunbor if you want to play in the halves.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it was a bit harsh, I hope the bloke don't read these comments from us loungroom coaches.
But I fairness, with all due respect we all vary in the intelligence department.
I'm far from the top end of the iq bell curve I can assure you of that.
I'm starting to think Burton might be on the wrong side of the bell curve.
Harsh thing to say and I probably shouldn't be saying that.
But I understand footy is a simple game in its basic form.
And in most positions being quick between the ears isn't really a attribute required to play your part.
But when you are in the halves that's not the case.
You very much need to be thinking about things ahead of time and setting up plays and reacting on the fly.
Way to often he seems clueless and does silly things at the wrong time and the wrong situation or field position.
I guess they can't all be as smart as Cronk or Smith were.
But at least be smarter than Okunbor if you want to play in the halves.
Yeah you’re probably right but there are examples of thick playmakers. I know one personally who is a Dally M winner, he’s not bright at all, not sure if he can spell his own name to be honest.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton should make way for them as he was SHIT against a reserve grade Melbourne side.. 5 games and gone if no impact...

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton has become one of our weakest players. Boot him