Burton is a half

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plus our defence has improved big time from last year having players that actually want to play for us.
I agree we have players signing for the club for the right reasons not just $$$, the way the team is going we will be a more attractive club to join for potential recruits.
Although it would’ve been nice to sign AFB it was obvious to the decision makers that his attitude did not fit into the culture they are trying to build here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are you saying that Burton should be on $150k?
300-350k, sorry I should of explained it better. I was basing it on 1 mill for an elite player.

He does a good play here and there but does a lot of low IQ plays too.

I want him to turn good for our sakes. Don't hate him just hate his good work isn't consistent and not living up to his price tag.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
300-350k, sorry I should of explained it better. I was basing it on 1 mill for an elite player.

He does a good play here and there but does a lot of low IQ plays too.

I want him to turn good for our sakes. Don't hate him just hate his good work isn't consistent and not living up to his price tag.
Of course, but we know with fairly high accuracy that halves don't enter their prime until late 20's, early 30's - he's shown real improvement this year on items that people have had issues with, enough to believe that he's worth persisting with in the 6 - we have to be patient.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course, but we know with fairly high accuracy that halves don't enter their prime until late 20's, early 30's - he's shown real improvement this year on items that people have had issues with, enough to believe that he's worth persisting with in the 6 - we have to be patient.
It's hard being patient lol

But like I said, I don't hate him but hope he comes good sooner rather than later.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Something to keep an eye on.
Below is a comparison that grades the 5/8's in the comp from a pure attacking stat point of view.

For the nerds or those thinking that this is an attempt to skew the results in Burton's favour, the formula weights different stats and goes as follows:
(Tries x 4) + (Try Assists x 3) + (Try Contributions x 2) + (Line Breaks x 2) + (Line Break Assists x 1.5) ÷ Games Played.

1713243776711.png

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Below is a comparison that grades the 5/8's in the comp from a pure attacking stat point of view.

For the nerds or those thinking that this is an attempt to skew the results in Burton's favour, the formula weights different stats and goes as follows:
(Tries x 4) + (Try Assists x 3) + (Try Contributions x 2) + (Line Breaks x 2) + (Line Break Assists x 1.5) ÷ Games Played.

View attachment 106672
Good post. I'm a Burton fan (as I'm sure you all guessed from my previous posts) and I think we see what he doesn't do more than what he does. I suspect the score is a little inflated by his treble in the roosters game, but then again, good on him for being in the right spot to score three tries.

We've lost 2 years as we've moved, naffed, changed and done everything else under the sun than give him the 6 alongside a settled 7. Putting him at 7 was the dumbest move last year, in a season where there was fierce competition for that title. He's not a 7, never will be. No other 6 runs their team. munster absolutely doesn't, it's hughes. The closest is keary and he still defers to walker in games. When keary tried to run it from 6 the goosters almost didn't make the 8 last year

We'd have been better blooding a 19 year old than putting Burton back 2 years on his craft. The message should have been simple; play eyes up, give early ball to strong edges, run if the defense slides, kick for distance when we're pinned in our half. Repeat.

Leave all the other sh!t to the 7 we're going to build or find.

SunnyCoastDOGG

Waterboy
Reaction score

View attachment 106672
Awesome post

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 106672

He is also ranked first for 5/8 in supercoach.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus was discussing this.
Expressed something like players prime is mid to late 20s to mid 30s these days.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

View attachment 106672
You win the internet today my friend, but please don't let the truth get in the way of a good story......

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I'd like Taffee a crack at HB, he might help Burton.
Did you read what Burton was elaborating to before the trials, he was speaking highly of his combination with Sexton,
Is it anything to read into ???

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton doing very well this year. The ones hanging it on don't understand the game enough. Simple.
You don’t understand the game if you think he is doing well. Sorry to be the one to break it to you