Burton is a half

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I feel like he's playing with much more confidence lately and I think having Crichton on that edge is part of the reason...Critta is really pushing our blokes and for me he has proven to be the right choice for captain. Even in defence, Burto is getting up early and putting the heat on the opposition in moments when we need it... like he used to do.
Take a look at that U20 SOO thread I put up. Can see the dominance he can have at 5/8. Taafe his 7.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Take a look at that U20 SOO thread I put up. Can see the dominance he can have at 5/8. Taafe his 7.
I watched that game.. he was good for Panthers in NSW Cup as well.. personally my frustration has been him not being the dominant half/not backing himself enough.. he's just got to keep doing what he's been doing of late

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched that game.. he was good for Panthers in NSW Cup as well.. personally my frustration has been him not being the dominant half/not backing himself enough.. he's just got to keep doing what he's been doing of late
Yes exactly. He has it in him to be dominant but we've seen too little of it. Hopefully this is his springboard to consistency. He, as well as us, can see that he is integral to the team's success. It should give him a lot of confidence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You guys are thick as fuck lmao, we were still getting absolutely pumped with Burton at 5/8 in the 2nd half. Burton didn't move to centre until the final 25 minutes. The fuck do you guys actually watch?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys are thick as fuck lmao, we were still getting absolutely pumped with Burton at 5/8 in the 2nd half. Burton didn't move to centre until the final 25 minutes. The fuck do you guys actually watch?
So your complaint is about burto playing 15 minutes in the second half getting pumped, but you fail to mention roosters had 70% of the ball in that time Lmao. Give him credit you sook.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He actually played ok in the first half.

2nd half he was MIA IIRC

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So your complaint is about burto playing 15 minutes in the second half getting pumped, but you fail to mention roosters had 70% of the ball in that time Lmao. Give him credit you sook.
This whole thread is trying the blame the positional change on the second half, I'm just pointing out that is incorrect.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost our best attacking weapon in the 2nd half with Burton being moved to centre. Not only did we miss his bombs that led to points in the first half, we also missed proper kick offs that didn’t give the chooks the ball back on the half way..kicking game aside, I think burto was outstanding in the first half demanding the ball and out left edge was absolutely lethal.
Just imagine a fully fit fox, with Burton, Kikau, Crichton feeding him. That’s the best left side edge in the comp.
The comms. mistakenly blamed Burton for the kickout that went into touch on the full too. Pretty sure that was Critta that kicked it. We missed Burton’s long kicking game the most in the second half and Rorts took advantage. Even his very high bombs that aren’t floaters, may not be difficult to catch for opposition backs, but they give time for our chasers to get there.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dribbler blames Burton for us getting slapped in the second half? What a pathetic child.