Burton is a half

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost our best attacking weapon in the 2nd half with Burton being moved to centre. Not only did we miss his bombs that led to points in the first half, we also missed proper kick offs that didn’t give the chooks the ball back on the half way..kicking game aside, I think burto was outstanding in the first half demanding the ball and out left edge was absolutely lethal.
Just imagine a fully fit fox, with Burton, Kikau, Crichton feeding him. That’s the best left side edge in the comp.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I somewhat agree. He’s the best half we have at the club, currently but that’s not saying much as Hutchison is utility, and sexton hasn’t had much opportunity to showcase himself

we definitely missed his long kicking game. Hutchison can’t kick nor can he pass. He can ineffectively dummy and run.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has been improving his game as a half every round this season, with this first half being his best by far ... then the Okunbor - Indris love child tried to decapitate taffe and coach decided it was time to experiment.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People saying all preseason and this season that our halves should be Hutch and Sexton was hilarious. Hopefully they realise how dumb that was now and give Burton some credit when he deserves it.

Burton needs to do it consistently though to silence the doubters which is something he hasn't done yet.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I somewhat agree. He’s the best half we have at the club, currently but that’s not saying much as Hutchison is utility, and sexton hasn’t had much opportunity to showcase himself

we definitely missed his long kicking game. Hutchison can’t kick nor can he pass. He can ineffectively dummy and run.
Although Taaffe is our FB, he seems to have pretty good organisation skills.. he steered the boys around well when before the hit, so having him being able to be safe at the back an getting better each game he can help as he did today. They clicked well in the first half. Hair dropped it in the second, you think if they can hit the sweet spot an be consistent got the full 80 we will do alright and be pretty competitive.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not as all off taffee as the rest of the guys here. He has plenty of good attributes which are improving week by week tbh. He has a bit of playmaking ability, he is quick and often there in support. Him making that try saver on young tonight plus his opening try for mine gives me confidence that ciro knows what he is doing. We turned to shit after he went off.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We also have some of the best halves coming through, that have come through in a long while. When they do, we have the luxury of turning Burton into a centre or lock, such is his versatility and size.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night demonstrated that those keys positional changes that the kennel has been calling for didn’t work and that really showed in the poor 2nd half performance.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to look at some other Halfs on other teams, they don't start hitting their straps till 27 28 years of age.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like he's playing with much more confidence lately and I think having Crichton on that edge is part of the reason...Critta is really pushing our blokes and for me he has proven to be the right choice for captain. Even in defence, Burto is getting up early and putting the heat on the opposition in moments when we need it... like he used to do.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ball playing was very nice in the first half, didn't plant himself on the left too swung out to the right when needed to be the link man.