Official Burton 6 Taafe 7 2019 U20 SOO

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I did mention that in a post earlier but I was wrong, I said I thought it was Australian reps. Either way, perhaps there is something there to work with until Woods, O’Neil or Conte come through (if they do). Tracey to fullback?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s funny how people were quick to tell me how shit my boy Taaffe was and now By round 5 the tune has changed. At the rabbits you knew he was a special player with skills, he may be little but he’s clever and can definitely organise. He’s a little champ :hearteyes: ;) Best since barba with a little xfactor !!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s funny how people were quick to tell me how shit my boy Taaffe was and now By round 5 the tune has changed. At the rabbits you knew he was a special player with skills, he may be little but he’s clever and can definitely organise. He’s a little champ :hearteyes: ;) Best since barba with a little xfactor !!
He adds lethality on our right side sweeps. I remembering carving us up on that side when we played against him last year too. Went through untouched in the first minute last night.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For those interested. Taafe playing halfback to Burton at 5/8.

Full replay of 2019 U20 SOO.
Team sheet list is wrong.

Here's how I thought it unfolded...
After the trials, Sexton was my choice at 7
After the 2nd round, 1 Tracey 3 Burton 6 Hutchinson 7 Taaffe
After last night, 1 Tracey 3 Xerri 6 Burton 7 Taaffe 14 Hutchison, (Sexton at 7 until Taaffe returns). Burton still is a Centre.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here's how I thought of the unfolded...
After the trials, Sexton was my choice at 7
After the 2nd round, 1 Tracey 3 Burton 6 Hutchinson 7 Taaffe
After last night, 1 Tracey 3 Xerri 6 Burton 7 Taaffe 14 Hutchison, (Sexton at 7 until Taaffe returns). Burton still is a 5/8
Rather Wilson at 1 :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, Burton still is a Centre.
I've always thought Wilson would make a better fullback than a wing !
Love to see Wilson get a go at FB.
I have been disappointed with Burtons lack of involvement (when he seems like he has so much more to give) Some of his efforts have been atrocious but if he keeps this up, he has the 5/8 spot sown up.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love to see Wilson get a go at FB.
I have been disappointed with Burtons lack of involvement (when he seems like he has so much more to give) Some of his efforts have been atrocious but if he keeps this up, he has the 5/8 spot sown up.
I totally agree on both points...
I've mentioned this before that egos could get in the way of selecting players in their most effective positions.
We'll get there, but we are taking the longest way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before that egos could get in the way of selecting players in their most effective positions.
Ciro kinda confirmed he and Gus don't agree a fair bit :grinning:

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys dating or something?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ciro kinda confirmed he and Gus don't agree a fair bit
No problems, no two ever have perfectly the same opinions, normal !
As long as it doesn't escalate, Buzz the Drunk would love that :laughing:
Agree mothing wrong with tossing ideas around yo improve the team. A coach needs that and he knows Gus is the guy to use as a sounding board and to properly evaluate his ideas.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
For those interested. Taafe playing halfback to Burton at 5/8.

Full replay of 2019 U20 SOO.
Team sheet list is wrong.

Love it Wendog.......right from the outset I have said that there is great potential there for Taffe to play 7.....he is quick, has a good step and takes on the line. Is he an organiser....jury is still out, but if he plays a backing up role like Lamb then he could be a great option. He will make mistakes (they all do) but he could be worth a try. With regards to his Cat 1 Concussion, I recall a recent successful challenge by the rorters to change the ruling on their concussed player.....it could be worth a try

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another rep halfback, interesting, gotta try it

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why weaken the strengths we have, look what happened when we tried it on Friday, leave Taffee at fullback seems to be getting better, bit of a ball playing fullback too.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont know why everyones written Sexton off.. i still rate Sexton as a longterm NRL halfback... just needs a games under his belt.. will be better than Hutch or Taffe at 7..

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I watched that whole game just now and Burto looked every bit a running 5/8 there, had a blinder actually. Taffe went ok also