Bulldogs young gun Jamal Idris to miss considerable time with elbow injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25672947-5018866,00.html

By Steve Jancetic
June 22, 2009 Bulldogs sensation Jamal Idris is unlikely to play again until just before the NRL finals after scans on Monday revealed two tears in his dislocated elbow.

Idris's left arm will be put in a brace for 2-3 weeks after he injured the joint when he attempted to fend away at Penrith centre Maurice Blair late in Friday night's win the over Panthers.

Another three weeks of rehabilitation and some time in the lower grades to get back up to speed, and the 18-year-old Idris could find it tough to get back into the NRL squad before the round 24 encounter against the Sydney Roosters.

“The scans show that he's got a tear in his medial ligament, it's not a complete tear but it's a tear nonetheless. He's also got an anterior capsular tear,'' Bulldogs physio Tony Ayoub said.

“The medial ligament and the bone bruising are the two main concerns.

“He'll be in a brace for 2-3 weeks and that will help tighten up the joint and then we just try and rehab him after that.

“He'll be a bit restricted in his range ... we'll hope to get him back on the field in two or three weeks after he gets out of the brace.''

The Bulldogs do at least have some able back-up with Daryl Millard having filled in brilliantly for both Idris and NSW centre Josh Morris so far this season.

In his last game in the top grade, Millard ran for 140 metres, made five tackle breaks and came up with 20 tackles against Melbourne in round 11 before Morris returned from a foot injury against Newcastle the next weekend.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millard is capable and so is Buddy. Millard the obvious choice though.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millard is capable and so is Buddy. Millard the obvious choice though.
Theyll probably both be there this week. Id like to see Buddy given some more game time. The 15 minutes he played against panthers earned him a Dally M point so itd be good to see how he goes in 80 minutes.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Damn big loss still even with Millard to replace. His game has been coming alone nicely in the last couple of months. I think our biggest problem is teams now bombing that wing again. Millard isnt going to be able to help Haz as much as Idris did.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fck me

Good luck Idris. Good thing Hugh Hazard aint there. otherwise he wouldn't have been back till half way through next season

pattenovic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
bad news guys, is this a sort of injury that could re occur? and **** his career? i hope not

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fck me

Good luck Idris. Good thing Hugh Hazard aint there. otherwise he wouldn't have been back till half way through next season
Hugh would have bandaged up his knee and tried to get him back out there next week.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Damn that hurts

Hope Idris gets a speedy recovery and goes through rehab ok.

We have a more than capable centre waiting in the wings in Daryl Millard or Buddy Gordon who performed very well against the Panthers.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hang on a bloody second.

Round 16 next week. So he's out rounds 16, 17, 18. Back at training round 19 and 20, and possibly 21.

Where do the extra 3 weeks come from?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad news. Hopefully he'll be back sooner than later - just like Morris came back when we least expected him.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang on a bloody second.

Round 16 next week. So he's out rounds 16, 17, 18. Back at training round 19 and 20, and possibly 21.

They said something similar with Morris - Morris was back much sooner than we thought. I've got high hopes for the big man :grinning:

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His young hopefully that will help him recover quicker.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
They said something similar with Morris - Morris was back much sooner than we thought. I've got high hopes for the big man :grinning:
How old is Morris? Jamal has a younger body, healing process may take longer for him?

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hang on a bloody second.

The journo just went off and assumed Jamal will have to come through reserves.

Ayoub says 2-3 weeks in a brace, then 2-3 weeks rehab. That means it could be as little as 4 weeks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.