Bulldogs vs Storm Pre-Season 3-2-1

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he went 40.. we need one of those blokes that watched the game 4 times to drop a line.
Or for NRL.com to update the minutes stat.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed was a bit disappointing and stifled the attack on many occasions. Hard to tell if the runners off camera missed the mark or not.

Salmon was good with ball in hand and strong in D. Hughes is an impact forward who is going to be massive for us if he stays fit.

Xerri got better as the game went on.

Some big decisions to make in the backline. Good players are going to miss out which is a luxury we haven’t had in a while.
Agree.

Hughes looks extremely fit and more agile than he was last year, I’d like to see him start with King.

Biggest decision is do we play Salmon at lock or Curren?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.

Hughes looks extremely fit and more agile than he was last year, I’d like to see him start with King.

Biggest decision is do we play Salmon at lock or Curren?
Salmon did his chances no harm at all. He looked good to my eye. I would say Curran has to perform well in the next trial to guarantee his spot. Feeling Curran will get the nod narrowly he has an even trial.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 Poasa
2 Salmon
1 Hutch
Did not consider any player from the second half. They all played fantastic but so they should because the opposition was far too weak, certainly not worthy opponents.
I agree, second half was a juniors match and doesn't count in the match ratings, the juniors all did superb, but all the hard work was done in the first half. Apart from Burton and Knight, the 'adult' players were all good. If Burton didn't play the 'doggies would likely have had a bigger first half lead. Rookie mistake not watching Ryan P. from the scrum just before half-time (team error). Salmon was surprisingly good, and the new forwards were impressive (Kit and Po), let's hope they don't fizzle out by Round One and do a TPJ (pussy-out) for the year.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reed was a bit disappointing and stifled the attack on many occasions. Hard to tell if the runners off camera missed the mark or not.

Salmon was good with ball in hand and strong in D. Hughes is an impact forward who is going to be massive for us if he stays fit.

Xerri got better as the game went on.

Some big decisions to make in the backline. Good players are going to miss out which is a luxury we haven’t had in a while.
I only caught most of the second half of last night's Indigenous vs Maori game, lost interest and wasn't really paying attention at the end, but I'm sure I heard Johns & Slater talking up Reed's performance for us on Thursday. Did anyone else hear that or did I not hear correctly?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad was Knight?
Amatuer drop ball errors and just looks lost/unfit. As if he thinks hes walking into a starting spot. Same for Burton re lost and walking into starting spot.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haha, love it. I think FarmerSilly is going to be adopted pretty quick as his nickname.
Yep nobody has to remember how to spell the actual name, and everyone would have fked it up. Farmersilly is how his name sounds. Good enough