News Bulldogs v Eels: Mahoney, Kiraz a chance

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury and Parramatta go head-to-head in a high-pressure match on Monday given both sides sit outside the top eight and are desperate to stay within reach of playing in the finals in 2023.

The Bulldogs were unlucky in a one-point defeat to the Roosters on the Central Coast while the Eels are coming off a bye and will want to use the freshen up a chance to kick-start their momentum created in Round 13.

Both sides enjoyed a win against each other in 2022 by healthy margins with the Bulldogs thumping Parramatta 34-4 before the Eels returned serve with a 42-6 result in August last year.

With a hamstring injury ruling Nathan Cleary out of Origin II the likes of Matt Burton and Mitchell Moses could come into calculations for a state recall with strong performances on Monday.

Team news
Bulldogs: Reed Mahoney (head knock) failed an assessment but will be monitored in the lead-up to Monday's clash and is likely to be named. Jacob Kiraz could also be back after hyperextending his elbow at training last week. Braidon Burns and Luke Thompson are another week away.

Stat Attack
Maika Sivo leads the NRL in tryscoring with 15 from 13 matches. The Eels powerhouse has now scored 45 tries in his past 50 games.
The Bulldogs have conceded more penalties (94) than any other team in 2023. The Cowboys are the second worst offenders with 85.
The Bulldogs have won only three of their past 15 games against the Eels
The Eels only have won eight of their past 10 clashes against the Bulldogs at Accor Stadium.
Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has scored 21 tries in 18 games at Accor Stadium.
Eels coach Brad Arthur will surpass Brian Smith’s record of 243 games at the helm of the club.
The Bulldogs have won their past three games played on the June long weekend

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have won their past three games played on the June long weekend
Let’s go doggies top 8 is calling.
Make sure you sign a defensive coach mid season though .
Thompson and burns big ins when they come will it be too late ?
Clock ⏰ is ticking for 2023

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With only Cat 2 symptoms and no great history of concussion, I was expecting Mahoney to pass the return test and be named.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want dogs to string three wins straight is that gonna be possible ?

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some massive players out for Parra.

Dylan Brown (sexual assault)
Ryan Matterson (calf)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Groin)
Shaun Lane (Hamstring)
Joe Ofahengaue (Calf)

3 starting forward players out and their five eighth who carries the team is also out.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get ahead by 12… looking good .. oh the reff uses his whistle, all of a sudden it’s level, Eels happen to win. Good one tab, took another win off us lol.
So true, Scooby. Here is a gold star and a Scooby snack for you.

But be careful, mate. You will be targeted by people on here for criticising the refs. Oh wait, you're not me.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So true, Scooby. Here is a gold star and a Scooby snack for you.

But be careful, mate. You will be targeted by people on here for criticising the refs. Oh wait, you're not me.
Scoooby snack will be algood bro, and no I’m not you but the opinion is the same haha !!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Scoooby snack will be algood bro, and no I’m not you but the opinion is the same haha !!
I get canned a lot on here for calling out the refs, my friend. That's why I said, "You're not me." You can do what you want.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are some massive players out for Parra.

Dylan Brown (sexual assault)
Ryan Matterson (calf)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Groin)
Shaun Lane (Hamstring)
Joe Ofahengaue (Calf)

3 starting forward players out and their five eighth who carries the team is also out.
Is Brown officially out ?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to use the captains challenge knowing being screwed 70 percent of the time.:fearscream:

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Thompson a week away? They must be going off original return date surely