Bulldogs Tough Nuts

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Peter Kelly is an Australian former professional rugby leaguefootballer who played in the 1980s and 1990s. He played front-rowforward in the NSWRL for Newtown, Canterbury-Bankstown and the Penrith Panthers. A noted "hard man" he won two premierships with Canterbury and was a two-time N.S.W State of Origin representative.
View attachment 55619
Definitely the toughest dog I've seen. Still remember the dogs v rabbits easter Monday match when he was sent off in the first minute

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do you guys think we’re the toughest players to ever play for the Bulldogs? I will start it off.

Mark O’Meley - An Australian international and N.S.W State of Origin-representative forward, he previously played in the NRL for the North Sydney Bears, the ill-fated Northern Eagles, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (with whom he won the 2004 NRL premiership) and the Sydney Roosters. O'Meley also played for Hull F.C. in the Super League. What a bad ass he was. View attachment 55618
you can close this thread now, ogre was the toughest/most badass

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dylan "where's my ball of yarn' Napa.

Tony "I earn the big bucks even if I bludge" Williams.

Ben "has anyone seen my tooth" Czislowski.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know about being the toughest but in terms of just all out smash people regardless of being sent off - Steven Hage Nev Hornery Peter Kelly -

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a serious note though, Willie Talau was a beast of a centre.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Terry Lamb. He played the last 4 or 5 years of his career with no knees, he couldn't even train, but he was always in everything and running hard even though it was probably painful.

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe we all forget that Queenslander called Darren Smith. A pure beast of a all-around player but he was strong in defence.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We've had a lot of tough bastards in our club... but can someone please tell me how the FUCK is Big Bag Bustling Barry Ward not mentioned anywhere in this thread yet?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mundine (to ward): Fat Karmichael
Ward (in reply to Mundine): Black Karmichael

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tonie Curry and Steve O’Brien we’re plenty tough for backs!

ps..don’t forget Joe Thomas..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Billy Johnstone was a pretty tough little hooker in the day, didn't mind a bit of biff.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tonie Curry and Steve O’Brien we’re plenty tough for backs!

ps..don’t forget Joe Thomas..
Yep Joe Thomas. I only learned a few years ago that he was Lebanese. His family name is Touma - Touma is Lebanese for Thomas.