bulldogs the year before Des arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
somehow ended up watching bulldogs clips from 2011......you know the year before Des arrived

found this clip (better with the sound down, music is annoying) how sad is it to see Morris at the start and how fast and allusive he was, we missed the finals on for and against after Moore was sacked mid season and we started winning again....we actually produced some attacking kicks and ran on to the ball

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Was this after he was sacked and Dymock finished the year for us? Some football being played right there. Looks better than what we have produced the last few years IMO. Cheers for that. I had started to forget pre-Desball.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the Memories, i had forgotten what attack and bulldogs colours combined looks like...

Even better to see JMoz running the ball and Hokko kicking for Turner to score. Or dummy half running... so many things this team has been taught not to do.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I forgot we could attack. One thing I noticed is all the happy faces and they seemed to really enjoy playing footy. That's not there anymore.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We even ran a double decoy back then lol. Also Jmoz was electric then...fuck i barely remember him moving like that.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hodkinson also looked really quick, I wish he was fit for 2012 season and never ruined his knees

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow I forgot we could attack. One thing I noticed is all the happy faces and they seemed to really enjoy playing footy. That's not there anymore.

Yeah they were enjoying their footy after they got their coach sacked, Played shit for most of that year.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Tim lafai scored a great solo try against Easts at the Sfs..

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching that clip shows exactly why we don't play like that.

1. We had an X-Factor and a proper fullback in Barba....he was unbelievable.
2. We had halves. Keating and Hodko shit all over what we have now. CreatIng, supporting...everything our current halves don't do.
3. We had Ennis who wasn't shackled by Des and he played like he played for the Sharks.
4. Jamal Idris was huge in those days.
5. Morris was hardly ever injured. These days he is always strapped and his knees are shot.

Unfortunately, all of the above players have now left our club and we kept all the plodders.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was it just me or where we more or less getting flogged ever game in that clip haha.

Anyways we seemed to play a much more attacking brand in that clip (our halves were getting involved better). But it was only 6 mins out of 26 rounds (1900+ mins). So of course it is much more flattering then the season we had.

I must admit though Moore was pretty spot on with all his recruitment. Did an amazing job to rebuild the team and should be credited with some of the success for 2012 and 2014.

If you think he was responsible for getting ennis, tolman, Pritchard, Morris, Goodwin (had 1-2 good seasons with us before turning shit), Eastwood, halatau, Hodgson, stagg, Ryan Tandy (came in and absolutely killed it before fucking up his career and his life), Ben hannant, hoskinson, Payne, graham.

And he also saw the development of Reynolds, Jackson/finucane (oversaw their progression), barba, idris, taupau.

I think Moore doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes. He made tough decisions for signings and releasing players. More or less built the 2012 team himself and had a budget 1/4 the size of hasler (he only had 5 or 6 staff compared to hasler who has had 10+ each season he had been here).

He had a breakthrough 2009 and struggled in 2010 (disastrous year) and only made it 20 rounds into 2011 before getting the sack.

He made the correct call to get rid of idris and keep barba.

Ok maybe he was out of his depth as a head coach but his recruitment and retention was spot on compared to hasler. More or less every player he brought in performed (same can't be said about Des)

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was it just me or where we more or less getting flogged ever game in that clip haha.

Anyways we seemed to play a much more attacking brand in that clip (our halves were getting involved better). But it was only 6 mins out of 26 rounds (1900+ mins). So of course it is much more flattering then the season we had.

I must admit though Moore was pretty spot on with all his recruitment. Did an amazing job to rebuild the team and should be credited with some of the success for 2012 and 2014.

If you think he was responsible for getting ennis, tolman, Pritchard, Morris, Goodwin (had 1-2 good seasons with us before turning shit), Eastwood, halatau, Hodgson, stagg, Ryan Tandy (came in and absolutely killed it before fucking up his career and his life), Ben hannant, hoskinson, Payne, graham.

And he also saw the development of Reynolds, Jackson/finucane (oversaw their progression), barba, idris, taupau.

I think Moore doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes. He made tough decisions for signings and releasing players. More or less built the 2012 team himself and had a budget 1/4 the size of hasler (he only had 5 or 6 staff compared to hasler who has had 10+ each season he had been here).

He had a breakthrough 2009 and struggled in 2010 (disastrous year) and only made it 20 rounds into 2011 before getting the sack.

He made the correct call to get rid of idris and keep barba.

Ok maybe he was out of his depth as a head coach but his recruitment and retention was spot on compared to hasler. More or less every player he brought in performed (same can't be said about Des)
Correct, Moore wasn't a modern day cosah but in one year he (and Greenberg) signed ; kimmorley, jmoz, ennis, stagg and Hannant. 2 years later he signed Pritchard, haatau, Payne and hodkinson.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Correct, Moore wasn't a modern day cosah but in one year he (and Greenberg) signed ; kimmorley, jmoz, ennis, stagg and Hannant. 2 years later he signed Pritchard, haatau, Payne and hodkinson.
If we had Moore as the general manager and dymock as the coach I think we would have a much better 17 on the park then we do now.

We might not have made the top 8 5 times in a row. But I think we might have more then 1 top 4 finish in that time (Hasler only made the top 4 in 2012).

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That extra week of footy in 2013 and 2015 made all the difference.
Well we actually had two extra weeks in 2015, and yes it did to me. Not making the finals sucks.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure making the finals sucks compared to winning the big one, but guess what sucks more than that? Not making the finals at all.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we actually had two extra weeks in 2015, and yes it did to me. Not making the finals sucks.
Each to their own I guess. I meant 16 rather than 15. I can't say I was proud of the way we went out against the Knights and Panthers in finals series, we were just making up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.