Bulldogs still paying 3 players outside the club

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Irrelevant anyway...

Even the if we are paying DWZ and Cotric, they are at least playing well and can give us some joy.

The real issue is the 800k we are Burton for very little return.

Who can we offload him to?
Any takers?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe people keep falling for this shit. Especially after Gus leaked the documents to prove these muppets wrong about TPJ and the phantom 250k for next year.. We won't be paying a cent for either of those three players next year. So who cares? It's a non-story.

I expected them to double down after they got proven wrong about TPJ and now they're reaching by trying to bring up old shit.. And people keep buying into it..
They had to publish the story this year [emoji23]

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ was signed until end 2022 and left us mid 2021..not paying for him. We paid around half of his 800k contract for each of 2021 & 2022, Raiders are paying Cotric 650k so cant see us contributing any of that.
Cotric played for us in 21 after signing a 3 year contract reportedly for $650k/yr so we are still paying him the raiders reportedly offered him around $350k in 20 before he left so fair to say we are paying around 50% this year. No way Stuart would pay $650k for a winger.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it was the end of last season.
Confirmed as below. But still paying cotric and Allan this year.
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have had another off-season boost with the news that exciting fullback and Kiwi International captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has re-signed with the club for a further two years, keeping him at Belmore until the end of the 2022 season.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably true we’re been doing that for many year sign them on huge cash fuck em off pay half there salary to thrive at other clubs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cotric played for us in 21 after signing a 3 year contract reportedly for $650k/yr so we are still paying him the raiders reportedly offered him around $350k in 20 before he left so fair to say we are paying around 50% this year. No way Stuart would pay $650k for a winger.
Well he is listed as getting just that next year when we would not have an contribution.

On 22 July 2020, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs announced the signing of Cotric on a three-year deal starting in the 2021 season and rumoured to be worth around $600,000 per season.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he is listed as getting just that next year when we would not have an contribution.

On 22 July 2020, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs announced the signing of Cotric on a three-year deal starting in the 2021 season and rumoured to be worth around $600,000 per season.
Shame we couldn’t get a refund when he changed his name and lost his balls

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dogs contract 21, 22, 23 , so still contributing something this year ??

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Guys this is all wrong.
Last year we paid off Cotrics salary difference. We fromlnt loaded it.
DWZ I’m not sure but I don’t think his contract was still for this year.
Allen could be true though

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogs contract 21, 22, 23 , so still contributing something this year ??
Would appear so but as OP has said, sometimes the agreements are not to pay each and every year the same amount. What the contribution would be is any shortfall the club to which they went has in their cap space. Next year ,2024 he is on 650k and that is all on Canberra.

Still these type of arrangements shit me and show lack of diligence by the club in paying overs for players and things not working out.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There is only one possible person who can know if this is even remotely true.

I am summoning the one and only @Nasheed.
Thanks G.
Can confirm Cotric is BS.
Allen true and DWZ I can’t confirm either way but I strongly suspect it’s untrue

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If it’s true money well spent cos he’s the leading tryscorer albeit for a different team
In way less games than the others at the top of the leader board with him. Deserves to finish top tryscorer taking this into account