Bulldogs still paying 3 players outside the club

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who gave DWZ 800k a season to begin with? He was never worth that much.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it’s true money well spent cos he’s the leading tryscorer albeit for a different team

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who gave DWZ 800k a season to begin with? He was never worth that much.
We signed him and the club made a massive deal about signing the current nz captain lol
We were also sold on the fact how real position was “fullback”.
It’s a joke how much we pay wingers or blokes that last 30 minutes

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we toss this in the "who gives a fuck" bucket? It has no relevance into how we are playing, no relevance into who we have signed, we aren't over the cap, there's no award for who isn't still paying ex-players...its just another nrl media parasite feeding on shit.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With TPJ, Flanagan & Thompson gone, the salary cap is in great shape which is a welcome change from the last decade of disaster.

We've been able to sign Kikau & Crichton in the space of two seasons, so Gus has sorted out a lot of the mess. Looking at the roster the only duds I see who aren't offering value for money in 2024 are Sutton & RFM. I doubt those two would be on a lot of money anyway.

The biggest issue has been marquee signings not delivering consistently, they play well maybe once a month.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m glad this sh!t is being aired to put some context into the delusional decisions made by former coaches, Football Managers and CEO’s - Ciro and Gus are getting this club out of a sh!t show not to mention the ridiculous amount of injuries they’ve had to manage

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m glad this sh!t is being aired to put some context into the delusional decisions made by former coaches, Football Managers and CEO’s - Ciro and Gus are getting this club out of a sh!t show not to mention the ridiculous amount of injuries they’ve had to manage
Exactly right.
If you include the fact Josh Jackson was retired yet also on the books for this year we are at least 1.2 million shy of the cap.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This shit happens with a lot of clubs. Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Panthers are still paying RCG and Waqa Blake at Parra

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan yes, but the other 2 is bs there contracts with us have expired
That's what I would have thought, although if I remember correctly, we signed DWZ for 4 years.

Has it not been 4 years? I'm sure he played 2 with us. Has he not played 2 with Warriors or is this the second year maybe?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I would have thought, although if I remember correctly, we signed DWZ for 4 years.

Has it not been 4 years? I'm sure he played 2 with us. Has he not played 2 with Warriors or is this the second year maybe?
If it was for 4 years, then this is the last year.