News Bulldogs stars Paul Vaughan and Josh Addo-Carr throw support behind Kyle Flanagan

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the wake of their shock win over the Roosters, the Bulldogs are encouraging Trent Barrett to keep Kyle Flanagan at halfback for the remainder of the season, saying his return to the NRL side has helped those around him to flourish.

Flanagan didn’t play in the NRL trials and started the season in reserve grade while Barrett gave Jake Averillo and Brandon Wakeham chances at halfback.

But the Bulldogs have continued to improve in the weeks since Barrett promoted Flanagan back to the NRL side.

Now that the Bulldogs have finally snapped their six-game losing streak, Flanagan’s teammates are backing him to stay in the halves long term.

“I think the team does look a lot better with Kyle in it,” said Bulldogs big man Paul Vaughan.

“Hopefully, long term or certainly this year, he’ll cement that position there as our halfback.”

The Bulldogs spine of Flanagan, Matt Burton, Matt Dufty and Jeremy Marshall-King have played together for the past four weeks and Vaughan said the stability was getting results.

“We’re just trying to work together to build that strong unity there in the spine. Hopefully, we can keep on going,” he said.

Bulldogs superstar Josh Addo-Carr said it was no coincidence that Burton’s kicking game had begun to shine with Flanagan next to him.

“I feel like ever since ‘Flano’ has come into the team, ‘Burto’ has come to life,” Addo-Carr said.

The Bulldogs have a golden opportunity to win back-to-back games for the first time since 2019 when they meet the struggling Canberra Raiders in round 9.

Addo-Carr said from here on in, every game was a must win for the Bulldogs.

“We’ve got to beat every team, every weekend,” he said,

“We need to sort our defence and with our attack, we just need to focus on what we need to do, the little things, and play with that energy that we played with on the weekend. It’s really contagious.”

2020 Dally M medallist Jack Wighton is missing the game through suspension, but Addo-Carr said the Raiders would still throw plenty at his side.

“They’re still a quality team, no matter who’s on the park,” he said.

“Ricky Stuart’s got a really tough side. Every time we play the Canberra Raiders, they’re always physical.”

Former Raider Vaughan said playing in Canberra would be a “good test” for the Bulldogs, who haven’t won there since 2015.

“Everyone knows how hard it is to go down there and win at Canberra Stadium,” he said.

“It’s going to be a good test for us. I’m sure all the boys will be looking forward to it because we need to start to get a roll on.”

2D8DFB16-7051-4761-B169-D9002CDD62F6.jpeg

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure there will be the same salty fans upset reading this still trying to say Averillo should be half.
If the players are saying it obviously they didn’t have much confidence in Averillo to start off

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's finally starting to find his confidence again.

Noticed during the Roosters game he was floating around playing both sides of the field in attack, and that will assist Burton in being more dangerous as well.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You know what would be news?

Paul Vaughan and Josh Addo-Carr have come out and stuck the boot into Kyle Flanagan. "Fcker is a nice reserve grader, but this is 1st grade. He needs to grow up before he can play with the big boys" said Vaughan.

Addo-Carr, in his role as co-captain while waiting for Josh Jackson to return from Covid isolation also added, "as captain, I feel I need to lead the boys. I've tried to support him but he's just shit. Take the game against the Roosters. If I was still playing for Melbourne, he wouldn't be fetching balls out of the stands. Due to some idiots before I arrived, he's here and we've spent money on him. Hopefully we can trade his ass."

Smoke bro - blowing smoke.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once he kissed the logo you knew things for the FOX had just clicked.. that was the moment you felt he genuinely wanted to be here and playing for the best colours in the nrl. The best club. And he made it clear to the fans he was here for the right reason and to make a good go of the opportunity he took. In turn his confidence level will go up a few notches. And we are about to see the fox we all grew to love unleash as a MIGHTY BULLDOG.!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle will do in the short term, but weather he is the halback to take us to a premiership remains to be seen, I doubt it but you never know.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In the wake of their shock win over the Roosters, the Bulldogs are encouraging Trent Barrett to keep Kyle Flanagan at halfback for the remainder of the season, saying his return to the NRL side has helped those around him to flourish.

Flanagan didn’t play in the NRL trials and started the season in reserve grade while Barrett gave Jake Averillo and Brandon Wakeham chances at halfback.

But the Bulldogs have continued to improve in the weeks since Barrett promoted Flanagan back to the NRL side.

Now that the Bulldogs have finally snapped their six-game losing streak, Flanagan’s teammates are backing him to stay in the halves long term.

“I think the team does look a lot better with Kyle in it,” said Bulldogs big man Paul Vaughan.

“Hopefully, long term or certainly this year, he’ll cement that position there as our halfback.”

The Bulldogs spine of Flanagan, Matt Burton, Matt Dufty and Jeremy Marshall-King have played together for the past four weeks and Vaughan said the stability was getting results.

“We’re just trying to work together to build that strong unity there in the spine. Hopefully, we can keep on going,” he said.

Bulldogs superstar Josh Addo-Carr said it was no coincidence that Burton’s kicking game had begun to shine with Flanagan next to him.

“I feel like ever since ‘Flano’ has come into the team, ‘Burto’ has come to life,” Addo-Carr said.

The Bulldogs have a golden opportunity to win back-to-back games for the first time since 2019 when they meet the struggling Canberra Raiders in round 9.

Addo-Carr said from here on in, every game was a must win for the Bulldogs.

“We’ve got to beat every team, every weekend,” he said,

“We need to sort our defence and with our attack, we just need to focus on what we need to do, the little things, and play with that energy that we played with on the weekend. It’s really contagious.”

2020 Dally M medallist Jack Wighton is missing the game through suspension, but Addo-Carr said the Raiders would still throw plenty at his side.

“They’re still a quality team, no matter who’s on the park,” he said.

“Ricky Stuart’s got a really tough side. Every time we play the Canberra Raiders, they’re always physical.”

Former Raider Vaughan said playing in Canberra would be a “good test” for the Bulldogs, who haven’t won there since 2015.

“Everyone knows how hard it is to go down there and win at Canberra Stadium,” he said.

“It’s going to be a good test for us. I’m sure all the boys will be looking forward to it because we need to start to get a roll on.”

View attachment 48852
We have actually won 2 in a row more recently than 2019. We won the last game last season and first game this season. But it would be good to win 2 in a row in the same season.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure there will be the same salty fans upset reading this still trying to say Averillo should be half.
If the players are saying it obviously they didn’t have much confidence in Averillo to start off
There will only be one salty fan upset

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Once he kissed the logo you knew things for the FOX had just clicked.. that was the moment you felt he genuinely wanted to be here and playing for the best colours in the nrl. The best club. And he made it clear to the fans he was here for the right reason and to make a good go of the opportunity he took. In turn his confidence level will go up a few notches. And we are about to see the fox we all grew to love unleash as a MIGHTY BULLDOG.!!!
Once Kyle starts kissing our logo, hopefully he will click as well :grinning:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how fox says we must win every game now.