Official Bulldogs sign former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Notice how Phil Gould hadn’t tweeted anything on this or given his opinion .. salty c***
Where are Rothfield, Kent, Weidler and the other vultures now that we finally have some positive news and one great move after another? They've gone awfully quiet I see. It must be killing them to see us rebuild so well and so quickly.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BROOOOO.. players will come to wanna play for him. Watch the fucking attention we get from a players perspective now that we have him. When at the All Blacks he’d make everyone clean locker rooms. And when they lose training gear etc he’d make them pay for them to be replaced. He takes no shit and you know the super stars they had at the All Blacks. No fucks were given, it was his was or the highway but also, every player respected and loved him.
Its unreal, mad props to the club on this one.
This seems the type who would lift the players we know have the talent but mentally havent been invested (ie. Reimis/DWZ/etc).
If they don't shape up, he can fuck them off.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are Rothfield, Kent, Weidler and the other vultures now that we finally have some positive news and one great move after another? They've gone awfully quiet I see. It must be killing them to see us rebuild so well and so quickly.
Amazing how that works right?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just phoned a friend in Dunedin who knows his stuff about Rugby. Hansen Coached the All Blacks to the 2015 World Cup. No nonsense approach to training and very knowledgeable as a talent spotter. Question will be how much knowledge does he have about Rugby League.

All Blacks are the most professional sporting organisation in the World. Only the great St.George teams of 1956-66 run them close.

Could see an All Black or 2 coming our way. The last one we had was John Timu in our 95 Premiership team. No such thing as an All Black dud. All guns.

I seem to recall Barrett worked with the All Blacks while in limbo at Manly. Seems the connection has paid some dividends.
How good was Timu?!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy has a pretty impressive cv all be it in the rah rah code but I think he will be good for us I think it's a pretty big coup for us

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a loyal 'Dogs fan for over 40 years, I'm finally starting to feel respected again.

The next chapter in our story is looking really, really, good.
I absolutely Love you're avatar picture, I know exactly what it is, that image of that Rooster's supporting girl stuck in my mind, when we turned around the score in the second half to defeat the Roosters 16 - 13 in the 2004 Grand Final I remember her teary face flashed on the Telly, for some reason it stuck in my mind & it made the victory even sweeter for me,

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fellas calm down he "only" won 93 of his 107 matches needs to improve...
Fucken joking of course!! :tongueclosed: this guy will be great we need all winners on board..great get again by our ripper new coach.
Hansen will be a hard arsed take no prisoners type which we need hope our blokes are ready for a big off-season and 110% commitment!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% all these crayon journalists were bagging the club and putting pressure on Trent Baz to reconsider and reject the Bulldogs coaching role, little did they know Baz had been cooking up plans to make the Bulldogs successful for months and months.
He didn’t allow the static noise the vultures were making to deviate him from his objectives.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This can only be good. I hated it when he was All Blacks coach cause he was so fucking ruthless and we had no hope. He used to fuck the minds of opposition coaches beautifully with choice comments before games and I never saw or heard him ever give an inch to the media or the opposition - he just commanded respect. I love that Barrett has someone like Hansen at the club to help him without standing over him.

Attitude is such a big thing at the All Blacks. Everyone's gotta be 100% in for the team and the attention to detail is the best around. It's probably impossible to replicate fully in club land (revolving door contracts, changing loyalties etc) but a couple of clubs have shown they can get close, and sustain it for a long time - mainly Melbourne. Hansen is a pretty rare talent in sports leadership IMO - I love this signing.
I was thinking about this too. Hoping he does get involved in the media as i am so tired of our club being a pushover to the media. Its time to stand up. I am really stoked today after a shit day at work. I think I have commented on this thread 5 times in 5 minutes!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely Love you're avatar picture, I know exactly what it is, that image of that Rooster's supporting girl stuck in my mind, when we turned around the score in the second half to defeat the Roosters 16 - 13 in the 2004 Grand Final I remember her teary face flashed on the Telly, for some reason it stuck in my mind & it made the victory even sweeter for me,
Me too actually haha how odd!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By far the best signing to date,awesome 86% success rate,not even Bellamy gets anywhere near that