News Bulldogs set for signing spree as Gould’s hit list revealed amid clean-out: Transfer Whispers

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching these final series atm we might as well sign ex retired players… we are in no chance even remotely close to putting a competitive team for 2024. We are going to get ass raped in every game with our current front row.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time we unearth someone with potential the media hounds click into gear and we are forced to pay overs for retention.
Every time we are rumoured to be looking at 'x' player the media hounds click into gear listing the reasons why they should steer clear of Canterbury
Every time we release a player the media hounds click into gear amd become the underperforming or white anting players advocate.
Every time we drop a player 'this masthead' style journalism rears it's dog shit looking head again querying why it's never the players fault.

Every. Time. This has been going on since well before we are where we are and it's contributed to our downfall and massively affecting recruitment.

Signing a player such as Chricton should be celebrated even if we need to fill other positions more urgently. We still have to spend the cap anyways. It's what's available and the more we need a player in 'x' position the harder the masthead fuckheads will work against us.

Where is all this constant type of doom and gloom reporting from all angles against other anchored to the bottom of the ladder or underperforming clubs?
@Darciemcd Can you please afford us your perspective considering you work in the industry?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having to spend 95% of your cap is the stupidest rule in league, all it does is inflate the cost of players who aren't worth that much.
While making it harder for teams at the bottom to save cap space and spend it wisely on players that are actually worth it.
Tiered salary cap.
Top 4, 5%
5-8, 10%
9-12, 15%
13-15, 20%
16 and lower, 25%

Change percentages when we have a sufficient increase in teams.

Will also add an extra dimension to the ladder, where some teams are playing to win, and others playing to grow in future years.

As for a draft system, Bernie Gross KC put a stop to that 30 or so years ago on behalf of Terry Hill and Easts, and nothing legally has changed to overrule that ruling.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary is the primary decision maker not the only one and deserves credit, but did you know that Fisher-Harris approached Barrett wanting to join us, Penrith had to make a decision between Fisher_Harris and Kikau.
Two great quality but different players, I wish it was the other way around, we were desperate for an alpha a captain a leader and still are.
As for Hawthorn situation, a different kettle of fish.
I can’t believe that about JFH, but only because it will make me cry thinking how much better he would have been for our team

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not much to choose from out there mate. We either get these sorts of players and clean out the rot of lazy, bitching and losing culture players or keep what we have. What would you prefer?
Yeah true, just impatient bro

Darciemcd

Waterboy
Reaction score
@Darciemcd Can you please afford us your perspective considering you work in the industry?
Every fan base will say the same thing. But promise you it’s not as agenda-driven as you think. I had this same view before working in media. That was because as a Dogs fan, naturally, I subconsciously took notice of every single article about my club, where I only stopped to read the occasional article about other clubs. Now that I work in the media I have a much more balanced attention to all stories about all clubs so yeah it’s not as bias or agenda-driven as you may think.
But I will say the nature of news has changed in the digital world. If a club is in the headlines, digital mastheads will lean into the fact that people are searching them on the internet so much so will do ‘throw forward’ style stories. Like ‘club x is has x amount of roster spots to fill. Here is who they can target.’ All that is doing is just keeping the news cycle going and leaning into the interest that is around that club at that time. I hope that gives a bit of insight. Are there some agendas? Yeah for some there probably are. But is it as agenda-driven as fans think? No.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true, just impatient bro
Aren't we all?
At least it appear the majority gets that recritment is currently aimed at recruiting those that will improve attitude improvement and are a step above what we currently have in skills, with predominately short term low dollar contracts, so we can target big players when they come to market in the future.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every fan base will say the same thing. But promise you it’s not as agenda-driven as you think. I had this same view before working in media. That was because as a Dogs fan, naturally, I subconsciously took notice of every single article about my club, where I only stopped to read the occasional article about other clubs. Now that I work in the media I have a much more balanced attention to all stories about all clubs so yeah it’s not as bias or agenda-driven as you may think.
But I will say the nature of news has changed in the digital world. If a club is in the headlines, digital mastheads will lean into the fact that people are searching them on the internet so much so will do ‘throw forward’ style stories. Like ‘club x is has x amount of roster spots to fill. Here is who they can target.’ All that is doing is just keeping the news cycle going and leaning into the interest that is around that club at that time. I hope that gives a bit of insight. Are there some agendas? Yeah for some there probably are. But is it as agenda-driven as fans think? No.
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to address this; it is, as are you, most appreciated.

Last edited: