Bulldogs rally around NRL coach Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg has rushed to the defence of embattled coach Kevin Moore, saying the NRL club's poor form cannot be pinned on one man.

Moore is under extreme pressure after the 38-4 mauling by Manly on Saturday, and the Bulldogs will slip to eighth spot after Monday night's Newcastle-Wests Tigers clash.

The Bulldogs were expected to feature among the competition's leading teams this year, after major off-season buys Frank Pritchard, Greg Eastwood, Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating, but have yet to defeat any top-six team, placing further question marks on Moore's future.

But Greenberg said it was unfair to put everything on one of the club's favourite sons.

"There's no sugar coating last night's performance. It was a poor one and no-one's set higher expectations for the Bulldogs than ourselves, and I don't like to see headlines where one single person at the club's pulled out," Greenberg told ABC radio.

"We're all in this together at the Bulldogs and everyone's equally accountable, that's from myself all the way through.

"The best way to get out of a tough period that we're probably in at the moment is to work hard and stick together and that's what we'll do.

"The key part about that is that we're all accountable for our wins and losses at the Bulldogs, not just one person."

But Greenberg did concede that so far, 2011 had not lived up to expectations.

"We're six and six at this point. We're at the bottom of the eight and, by our own admission and our own standards, probably not where we want to be," he added.

In Canberra, the Raiders will be left wondering what happened after they let a 22-0 lead slip on Sunday at home against the Cowboys.

Canberra charged to the lead in the opening 20 minutes, before dynamic fullback Josh Dugan (ankle) and the returning Terry Campese (groin) left the field, causing a tremendous shift in momentum.

Led by a bruising two-try performance from back-rower Tariq Sims, the Cowboys piled on 40 points in 50 minutes to brush the Raiders aside 40-24 in an incredible display.

At ANZ Stadium, South Sydney were left fuming over a controversial no-try to forward Dave Taylor, which denied them a potential upset win on Sunday over Melbourne, who went on to claim a hard-fought 16-6 victory.

In Saturday night's other matches, Sydney Roosters defended their way to a much-needed 13-6 win over the Warriors, while Penrith travelled to the Gold Coast and were able to put the Titans away 23-10.

On Friday night, Brisbane continued the misery at Cronulla when they piled on 18 second-half points to put the Sharks away 34-16 in what was captain Darren Lockyer's last regular season NRL match in Sydney.

Across town, Parramatta looked like a club reborn when they led St George Illawarra 14-6 at halftime, and they were still cheering after 90 minutes when they were able to take a point off the defending premiers thanks to a 14-all draw.

Source

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
cant blame one man but the coach should take a chuck of that responsiblity and i think myself like most have had enough of seeing a team of talented players under achieve

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
No room for Loyalty anymore just piss him off.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Bum fluffs.

Man up, take responsibility..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
its not good business to publicly criticise staff. especially from a ceo. his statements were expected.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I just wished Greenberg said, 'Kevs job is 100% gaurenteed, he is not going to be replaced. We do not intend to terminate him'

If he did we would know he is on borrowed time and his sacking is close by.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
its not good business to publicly criticise staff. especially from a ceo. his statements were expected.
Praise the lord - Someone who CAN read between the lines !!!

Post more will ya !

Tareck

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's not Kevin Moore man...it's the players, Kris Keating 1st of all is not performing, we missed Trent Hodkinson and Greg Eastwood...also Jake Foster, Grant Millington and Corey Payne what a waste of players they are. Josh Morris is very ordinary, Mick Ennis is trying, Jamal Iddris can't tackle and Ben Barba struggled at fullback on Saturday night.
Our forward pack is very lazy lead by Andrew Ryan, I fall to sleep when I watch Andrew Ryan playing the ball.
Pull your heads in Bulldogs and start playing like men and stop playing school boy footy.
We really made Manly look good on the night...we should come back bigger and better in 2 weeks time against the Sharks.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think we should wait until after the cronulla game and see what happens

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
When the CEO is defending his coach, the coach is a dead man walking......

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not Kevin Moore man...it's the players, Kris Keating 1st of all is not performing, we missed Trent Hodkinson and Greg Eastwood...also Jake Foster, Grant Millington and Corey Payne what a waste of players they are. Josh Morris is very ordinary, Mick Ennis is trying, Jamal Iddris can't tackle and Ben Barba struggled at fullback on Saturday night.
Our forward pack is very lazy lead by Andrew Ryan, I fall to sleep when I watch Andrew Ryan playing the ball.
Pull your heads in Bulldogs and start playing like men and stop playing school boy footy.
We really made Manly look good on the night...we should come back bigger and better in 2 weeks time against the Sharks.
LOL i bet your one of those fans who jizzes when Barba and co makes a line break but forget its Payne who gave them the offload?

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenburg is doing his Job.

The fact that he's come out and defended Moore publicly could be ominous news for Moore.

Let's be honest - Moore has been a complete failure in the last three seasons. 2009 was NOT a good season, only the first half was.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Greenbergs comment is smoke and mirrors because the problem does rest squarely with Moore.
Most NRL coaches would give their left nut to have the Bulldogs roster.
Moore has no excuses, in fact if he really cared about the club as he obviously does, he'd quit !

Tareck

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs coach given tough ultimatum

CANTERBURY coach Kevin Moore has been told he will be sacked if he fails to guide his underachieving Bulldogs into the final four. The Daily Telegraph understands Moore's contract will be reviewed in four weeks, although it is unlikely he will be axed mid-season.

Bulldogs board members are becoming increasingly restless and angry at the club's poor form, which included an embarrassing 38-4 loss to Manly at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.

One sticking point is skipper Andrew Ryan. Moore wants to retain Ryan for next season but club officials believe the veteran forward should move on, probably to England.

A well-placed source said: "Kevin wants to be careful. If he keeps pushing to keep Ryan, it could ultimately cost him his coaching gig."Speculation emerged last night that the board was split over Moore's future, but it seems it is in fact united in its frustration.

The board believes Canterbury have a top-four roster and will accept nothing but a booming finish to the season.
Canterbury have had injuries but Moore has been told his job is well and truly on the line. He is a coaching veteran and said to fully understand his tenuous position.

The Bulldogs sit in seventh place with six wins and six losses.

"The board feel we recruited strongly and should be performing better. It's that simple," the source said.

"There isn't a split at board level. Everyone is together in their thinking.

"The next month will be vital for Kevin. We have a good roster and should be winning more games.

"But there is no way Kevin will be sacked this year. He will finish the season. But if we don't make the final four, I can't see Kev coming back next season."

Rumours that Moore and assistant coach Jim Dymock are at loggerheads have been denied. Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said the Bulldogs were working intensely to turn around the results.

"We all have a collective responsibility and we are all in this together," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-coach-given-tough-ultimatum/story-e6frexnr-1226070571073

Status
Not open for further replies.