News Bulldogs Presentation Night 2023

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wonder if CC had to give his to a different player because how hasn’t he chosen Preston lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is the player of the year award named after George Peponis? Should be named after Either Steve Mortimer or Terry Lamb.
Lamb and Mortimer have got enough shit named after them.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was gunna say the same thing bro. Well deserved for Preston but a rookie should not be getting player of the year awards.
Especially when we have Kikau, Burton, Fox, Mahoney etc. I'm glad they gave it to Preston because he was by far our best and most consistent player all year. I hope they consider him for captain in the next few years because he's shown great qualities for a rookie.

But for him to outplay all of those big names and rep players so badly says a lot about Preston and a lot about the rest of the squad.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty shit year by the players when Preston wins everything. He was solid for a rookie

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please.
Presto was good for even a seasoned NRL player if you don’t let the teams shitness cloud your judgement.
What because he could tackle ?

He had a solid year especially for a rookie but if that’s our best player overall shows how shit the senior players were.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What because he could tackle ?

He had a solid year especially for a rookie but if that’s our best player overall shows how shit the senior players were.
He rarely made mistakes. Ran good lines. Constantly posed a threat. Didn’t miss tackles.
sure, you expect that of all your players, but rarely do you get it so consistently.
some of our senior players were shit, but that’s not what made Presto good.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He rarely made mistakes. Ran good lines. Constantly posed a threat. Didn’t miss tackles.
sure, you expect that of all your players, but rarely do you get it so consistently.
some of our senior players were shit, but that’s not what made Presto good.
That’s fair I’m just saying it’s been a disappointing season all round and for a rookie to win it all says a lot for the rest of them and their seasons.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was gunna say the same thing bro. Well deserved for Preston but a rookie should not be getting player of the year awards.
Especially against SOO, Kangaroos and other rep players.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If there was ever a silver lining for 2023 - look no further than Jacob Preston. I have no doubt this young man will be an origin class player in future.

Gus copped some grief for the Sutton signing and the RFM resigning, but he brought us Prestomania and players like Wilson + Skelton + KO