Bulldogs player walks out

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know that CC might also be picking the players who are training hard. Setting a line that to get into the team that is the expectation. As well you don't want to ruin young guys in first grade by putting them in too early.

Offseason can't come quick enough. Let the guys get some respite from a tough season and mentally get ready for what is to come.

I also think the biggest bonus is that there is no rep footy. So all the guys will be together this offseason, with the older heads like Kikau and Addo Carr able to show the way. A good way to build those relationships and ensure everybody is stepping up. Cause I think the offseason will be brutal this year just to bring the boys up to the standard of the rest of the comp.
I totally agree 2023 pre season had a lot of players missing and it showed The only thing we could do with the limited time was to bond and do honest sessions. It would of worked however we didn’t get a proper brutal pre season to couple it with.

I’m sure CC and Gus have now pulled the trigger which most of us knew it should have been done before round 1 this year. But ahh well we had to do it sooner or later

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know that CC might also be picking the players who are training hard. Setting a line that to get into the team that is the expectation. As well you don't want to ruin young guys in first grade by putting them in too early.

Offseason can't come quick enough. Let the guys get some respite from a tough season and mentally get ready for what is to come.

I also think the biggest bonus is that there is no rep footy. So all the guys will be together this offseason, with the older heads like Kikau and Addo Carr able to show the way. A good way to build those relationships and ensure everybody is stepping up. Cause I think the offseason will be brutal this year just to bring the boys up to the standard of the rest of the comp.
Yes hopefully the way forward after this upheaval sets us on the right path.

Reactions: ATT

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yes hopefully the way forward after this upheaval sets us on the right path.
If it doesn't work. Then you know CC is gone no matter what happens. Cause it would mean he has lost the playing squad and it's easier to move the coach on than that amount of players. It's not like they can't play.

And by doesn't work. I mean that we are seeing the same basic defensive issues we have seen this second half of the season. That's the sign the playing group aren't invested.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest takeaway from this is the lack of respect shown towards ciraldo by the players and the so called leaders at the club. The leaders should have pulled the stragglers into line well before it got to this point. Can’t imagine this shite going on under Bennett Bellamy’s or Haslers watch.
How would you react if captain Burton came up to you and tried to pull you into line for being lazy and a soft cock?

Wouldn't you put 2 on his chin like Tino did?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Training hard can be the only first grade criteria with Oki and Perhaps for instance. If these kinds of decisions (and many more weird ones) weren't part of CC's make up, I'd be 100% with him...but there's too many non-sensical decisions for 100% :grinning:

Wish him all the best for 2024 and hope he gives himself a review as well tho.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dozens - and i agree, regardless of due diligence and refences etc - didnt always get it right and sometimes got it massively wrong.
Remember when Bellamy signed Kasiano? Bennett signed Jimmy the Jet or Milford? Etc.

Sometimes you get it wrong, particularly when you’re rolling the dice and there are so many variables to consider also and line-up to deliver on.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happened the year after sticky ricky cleared the players on the big screen at eels? Did they put in or earn the spoon cause I think we are heading there.
Only hope is signing 4 actual props in off season and given what’s off contract it appears my alcohol content next year is going to be high during the footy season

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We discussed it here about 1-2 years back, i think the media like to pick on us because where are just a bunch of western sydney ethnic suburbs who just vote labor, they think its riddled with crime, every second person sells drugs, most are non speaking residents who just have a NRL team in there suburb
Media is spot on then!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. Like that is going to happen. Every club will put out positive pieces about the next season and how training is going. If they went silent you just leave it up to the media to make up stories. Control the narrative by putting out what you want the media to know.
Yeah... controling the media narrative has worked wonders for us hasnt it. :tearsofjoy: We have been the fluff piece kings blowing smoke up our players and own arse for too long without any benefit.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players go from bludging at training and earning easy money without any success to receiving a kick up the arse and told the bludging is over and higher expectations and accountability is placed on every player and all we hear coming out of the club are sooks complaining it's too hard. Oh please, play the violins.

Anyone wanting to put blame on Gould and CC are obviously content with the unprofessionalism within the club and where we stand on the table over the past 6+ years.

You won't find success by doing the same things that have got you nowhere in the past. We should be praising those who have taken a stance and have the balls to shake up the club to go chase success again.

Some ask what has happened to this once great club? Well don't you want someone like Gould and CC to do everything and anything to get us back where we belong? It's exactly what they are trying to do and Gould of all people knows what it was like in those good old days because he breathed it, he slept it and he lived it all for the club that he knows more than anyone what is required to get back to those good old days.

We should all support and trust the process because no player is bigger than the club and if they don't want to stick by the club like you and I have inparticular most recently over the years then that player/s don't deserve mine or your support because he doesn't have the passion or commitment for this club like we do. Gould and CC have that passion and commitment, so we should be greatful and stand by them while we chase success again.....and WE WILL!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So kids who turn up late to junior training than the coach makes them do laps as punishment is bullying. Fmd the Bulldogs now have 2 weak gutted dogs. This is why are at the bottom soft cocks. Well done you earn a rainbow flag .
If you can't see the difference between the two things then I can't help you.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you're trying to create a winning culture like Ciraldo said, then you don't repeatedly play underperforming players who put in no effort on the field. Especially fringe players like Perham and Okunbur that have no future at the club. I don't care how hard they train...

If he's picking a team solely based on effort, form and merit, then those players (and our supposed star players) shouldn't have played as many games.

Ciraldo talks accountability and standards up and has done since the preseason, but most of the time his actions don't back up those words. He'd earn more respect from the squad and fans if he dropped or benched repeat offenders and his favourites more often.