Bulldogs player walks out

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate the club is not a resort, it’s a highly paid job, you can’t just stroll into training 5 or 10 minutes late or when ever you feel like it … do that in most jobs and see how quickly your in the bosses office getting a written warning.

This wouldn’t have just happened, players would have had standards explained to them and told what the consequences would be for slackness …

The entitled spoilt loser attitude has to stop, I for one am overjoyed the coaching crews finally putting their foot down ..

Some of these blokes should go train with Bellamy for a month or so, he’d have them crying …

Sick of these man bag carrying soft ***** time to get with the program start being professional and toughen up ..
well said mate

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm of the belief it's Topine. Now I'm sure plenty of people are going to give me shit for this but here we go.

I get the concern for mental health, but the club is rebuilding and needs mental toughness and resilience not fragility.

If a player has mental health concerns, best get him out of a club that is going to expect those qualities. Maybe another club or the UK will be able to bend to his mental needs more.

Look I like the bloke, but if what is being said is true, then dogs should demote him out of the top 30 next year. see if he can build some mental toughness working with the right people. But if he wants to take the short cut and find a club that expects less of him, he will never amount to anything.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest takeaway from this is the lack of respect shown towards ciraldo by the players and the so called leaders at the club. The leaders should have pulled the stragglers into line well before it got to this point. Can’t imagine this shite going on under Bennett Bellamy’s or Haslers watch.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs defend ‘punishment’ of player who walked out and didn’t return
By Michael Chammas
August 29, 2023 — 9.31pm

The Canterbury Bulldogs are privately defending their treatment of an NRL player who walked out of training five weeks ago due to mental health reasons.

The player, who hasn’t been named due to the seriousness of his mental state, turned up to training late for a session last month. He is in the top 30 squad but considered a fringe first-grader.

The coaching staff decided to enforce a punishment, which is a common practice at NRL clubs, asking him to wrestle up to a dozen of his teammates for an extended period at the end of training.

A week later he asked the club for time off due to personal reasons and hasn’t been back to training since. The club is still paying his contract.

The Bulldogs declined to comment when contacted on Tuesday night. The Daily Telegraph also reported that centre Braidon Burns walked out on a training session last week after suffering a hamstring injury and has left the club.

The Herald has been told he trained on Tuesday.

It comes after the Herald reported on Monday that Bulldogs staff were aware of a text message that has been doing the rounds in recent days that claimed up to eight players were unhappy at the club under the coaching of Cameron Ciraldo.

One of the grievances allegedly raised by
some current players, and potential recruits, was a frustration over Ciraldo’s workload demands.

The message claimed that Ciraldo’s expectation for players to be around for training from 8am to 5.30pm was unrealistic and a deterrent for some players to join or remain at the club.

The Dogs’ performances of late, which have left many questioning the commitment of the players, speaks to a problem at the club. Those concerned about how hard or long training is appear to have their cards marked, with the Bulldogs expected to make a raft of changes once their season ends this weekend.

Ciraldo has a proven track record of success having worked hand in hand with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary to deliver two premierships at Penrith.

He has recruited players from clubs who have played for successful teams like Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Jaeman Salmon (Panthers), Liam Knight (Rabbitohs), Blake Taafe (Rabbitohs) and Siua Taukeiaho.

Ciraldo is expected to front the media for his weekly pre-game press conference on Wednesday.

Article above via the SMH.
In other words, we have finally stopped recruiting lazy MoFo’s.. and are getting rid of as many as possible through testing their limits… it’s about bloody time.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mental Health is the new Buzz word in Belmore. More than 1 player has claimed this. 2 i know of, if the player referred to in the article is Topine he would be the 3rd.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t really care who falls or is pushed from this lot. If Ciraldo and Gould are actually drawing a line in the sand I want to see 2 things;

Every single player and staff member is held accountable and I don’t want to hear or see any bullshit fluff story’s of bonding, togetherness, how well they are training etc etc. RADIO SILENCE until the trials.

If nothing else we better come out a snarling bunch who would rather bleed than let 12 points in per game, let alone 30 fucking plus..
Spot on

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest takeaway from this is the lack of respect shown towards ciraldo by the players and the so called leaders at the club. The leaders should have pulled the stragglers into line well before it got to this point. Can’t imagine this shite going on under Bennett Bellamy’s or Haslers watch.
We don't have leaders in the club. Burton, RFM and Mahoney are not leaders

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Was always an issue that we had soo many, almost half the squad not contracted for next year. The hope was they would all left and play career best footy to earn one but they havnt. Now some have been forced to go to England, maybe they didn't want to or are staring down the barrel of no contract and are kicking stones. Didn't think it would get this bad though.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said boys, the club is finally doing what Brisbane done years ago. We cannot let the media take control of this BS and try to mount pressure on our club to reverse their decisions

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said boys, the club is finally doing what Brisbane done years ago. We cannot let the media take control of this BS and try to mount pressure on our club to reverse their decisions
Perhaps they could set up a mental health situation where they are reduced to a min salary that doesn’t count to cap while they get the appropriate help. At least that way we might find out who really needs the help (which I’m all for)