Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the Mead negotiations have fallen through. Titans apparently wanted Burr before June 30, we said no and they told us to go and jump
I knew they would want a player swap and Burr being the target, its not worth losing an up and coming second rower who will be in the squad once Frank is finished for Mead to be honest because other players will become available in that time period.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And he should never be given the chance to disrespect the blue and white colours. All this nonsense about him not getting paid as an excuse is crap. His teammates, that he let down terribly, don't organise his pay and neither do the fans. He should have refused to play until he got paid.
The reported 200k is alot of money and to me that is a pretty good excuse, that could get you land and other assets you could live in or setup a future with...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul **** doesn't believe Boyd will do anything till Bennet commits. STOP the fukking pressers wow tell us something that we don't know you fukking muppet ****

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The reported 200k is alot of money and to me that is a pretty good excuse, that could get you land and other assets you could live in or setup a future with...
Really I don't know what people have a hard time understanding. He Fn dogged his teammates. That is unforgivable and shows the character of the guy. I challenge any of you who watched that game to imagine that was a dogs jersey. Still want him here? I'm not suggesting for a second he shouldn't have issues with the third party sponsors or the club. But take it up with them. What he did was one of the most disgraceful things a player could do. He is certainly no hero for doing it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really I don't know what people have a hard time understanding. He Fn dogged his teammates. That is unforgivable and shows the character of the guy. I challenge any of you who watched that game to imagine that was a dogs jersey. Still want him here? I'm not suggesting for a second he shouldn't have issues with the third party sponsors or the club. But take it up with them. What he did was one of the most disgraceful things a player could do. He is certainly no hero for doing it.
You don't want to disrespect your team mates but in the end it's a job. I know if I was getting paid to play any sport and my boss refused to pay me, I wouldn't play. It's easy enough to talk about the brotherhood and everything but when you're not getting paid to do your job then you don't do your job. I am friends with the people I work with but if my boss hadn't paid me for over 1 year I wouldn't turn up to work no matter how under pressure they are.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
SBW dogged his team mates and came back to help lead the roosters to a premiership

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't want to disrespect your team mates but in the end it's a job. I know if I was getting paid to play any sport and my boss refused to pay me, I wouldn't play. It's easy enough to talk about the brotherhood and everything but when you're not getting paid to do your job then you don't do your job. I am friends with the people I work with but if my boss hadn't paid me for over 1 year I wouldn't turn up to work no matter how under pressure they are.
Mate you are actually agreeing with me. I've said it many times he shouldn't have played. You sound like any reasonable person. What he did was akin to turning up to work and destroying what his workmates were doing because his boss didn't pay him.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Paul **** doesn't believe Boyd will do anything till Bennet commits. STOP the fukking pressers wow tell us something that we don't know you fukking muppet ****
It makes sense. Bennett I believe has been told that he is free to go to another club next year, as Wests (Newcastle) are looking for the Knights to reduce costs before taking over. Bennett is just paid way too much and is contracted to HSG directly.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate you are actually agreeing with me. I've said it many times he shouldn't have played. You sound like any reasonable person. What he did was akin to turning up to work and destroying what his workmates were doing because his boss didn't pay him.
Yeah, it definitely wasn't the best way to handle it. Kind of like a kid who refuses to eat his vegetables until he gets icecream. Still I can understand where he's coming from. If I was him I'd want to spite the club any way I could, just sucks to do it to your team mates too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And what about us during that time?
Boyd has issues with his club. Sbw had issues with the club. Sbw walked out while Boyd is still hanging aroun for a release or to resolve the issue with the knights. He cant just refuse to play, that will get him no where.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Boyd has issues with his club. Sbw had issues with the club. Sbw walked out while Boyd is still hanging aroun for a release or to resolve the issue with the knights. He cant just refuse to play, that will get him no where.
SBW had issues with the club? I hope you don't believe that garbage for a second.

He was one of the highest paid player in the game let alone at Canterbury and Canterbury offered him a 3 year contract while he requested a 5 year contract.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The most honourable thing he could have done was not played. Of course that would have helped him. It would have made his position known to everyone and the club would have tried harder to resolve it. What he did was unforgivable.

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most honourable thing he could have done was not played. Of course that would have helped him. It would have made his position known to everyone and the club would have tried harder to resolve it. What he did was unforgivable.
What's the difference between not get off the bus and just not playing

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the difference between not get off the bus and just not playing
Different game. I'm talking about the game he walked around at the back not even trying. Might have been against the cowboys in round five, not 100 percent sure. They highlighted it on nrl360 I think.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Boring...Honour is a trait only a small amount of people have these days. If he sat out he would:
- Still not have his money
- His rep would be at an all time low
- Nrl would be into him about sitting out
- Possibly face a long legal battle

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Different game. I'm talking about the game he walked around at the back not even trying. Might have been against the cowboys in round five, not 100 percent sure. They highlighted it on nrl360 I think.
Atleast he showed up, I'd do the samething to a person not paying me but expecting me to work just do a shitjob and leave them happy knowing you did something lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To say he was not trying is an insult. Subconsciously he may have had stuff weighing him down, but to say a player that has played at the highest level of the game did not try is an absolute joke.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To say he was not trying is an insult. Subconsciously he may have had stuff weighing him down, but to say a player that has played at the highest level of the game did not try is an absolute joke.
You obviously didn't see the game.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Boring...Honour is a trait only a small amount of people have these days. If he sat out he would:
- Still not have his money
- His rep would be at an all time low
- Nrl would be into him about sitting out
- Possibly face a long legal battle
Fine just replace honour with decency then. Has he got his money now? I say his rep is at an all time low.

Status
Not open for further replies.