Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you're so full of faith why not just wait and have faith in the people pulling the strings behind the closed negotiating door and have faith in des and the training staff?
Took the words right outta my mouth. Imagine trying to tell supporters something before the media. A dark tinted car is gonna roll around with the brief case out of pulp fiction to every dogs supporters house or place of business. I wonder who will open the case? Des, crusher...cahuuuuna burger with lemonade...

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So it's a waste of money because the club doesn't consult you on every decision they make in regards to signing people or when they decide to announce things?
no they don't need to consult with me. but I have the right to withhold purchasing membership until I know what team is going to be on the field next year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cross Fergo off (don't think he was on the 'list' perse), the wabbitz may have bagged him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cross Fergo off (don't think he was on the 'list' perse), the wabbitz may have bagged him.
where u hearing that. surely not.

fergo, inglis, burgess clan, te'o, reynolds, sutton, luke, mcqueen, merritt and the pay upgrade to keary, walker etc...

i mean sure we all have some players like mcqueen ,merrit etc though seriously inglis is on more then 2 of our stars and i doubt sam burgess is on peanuts, te'o is on big doe and i doubt reynolds, sutton, luke are on much less. if they can throw another 400-600k at fergo im stumped how we can't afford folau and hayne.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where u hearing that. surely not.

fergo, inglis, burgess clan, te'o, reynolds, sutton, luke, mcqueen, merritt and the pay upgrade to keary, walker etc...

i mean sure we all have some players like mcqueen ,merrit etc though seriously inglis is on more then 2 of our stars and i doubt sam burgess is on peanuts, te'o is on big doe and i doubt reynolds, sutton, luke are on much less. if they can throw another 400-600k at fergo im stumped how we can't afford folau and hayne.
I'm also hearing Fergo to Souffs

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Yeah peeps on twitter claiming Fergo one year deal with the Bunnies and Ben Matulino is the Jeff Lima replacement apparently.

What are souths paying for 2014 premiership. Think I'm getting on now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah peeps on twitter claiming Fergo one year deal with the Bunnies and Ben Matulino is the Jeff Lima replacement apparently.

What are souths paying for 2014 premiership. Think I'm getting on now
The Matulino thing has been said for a while though it also was dismissed pretty quickly and I deadset will rally at the NRL HQ if they manage to get both of them and keep the roster they have. Fergo maybe if they shread a quality player. Though seriously. Matulino is one of the best props in the game. Lima would of been on peanuts. Matulino would demand as much as any prop I'd imagine.

I'm sure we have ALL heard the Fergo to souths thing. It makes perfect sense from Mundine to the Aboriginal link to the fact they lack quality outwide outside of Inglis due to a outstanding spine in Inglis, Luke, Reynolds, Sutton and a pack as good as any with Burgess x 4, Te'o, McQueen! Though if they get Fergo I'm convinced that old Gladiator is really up to some magic book keeping.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's pretty much been the most obvious one called for months. Just can't see how if they don't cut someone of quality.

I'm more interested in who your hearing to be our fullback. Is it again the most obvious in Hoffman or Locke?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really dont know what people are getting so despondent about with the fullback drama. The doggies have a ready made fullback in Templeman. Dont fall for the garbage that he isnt big enough. He is tough enough, he runs the ball better than most and still has a lot of improvement in him. He will shine when playing with the better players.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont know what people are getting so despondent about with the fullback drama. The doggies have a ready made fullback in Templeman. Dont fall for the garbage that he isnt big enough. He is tough enough, he runs the ball better than most and still has a lot of improvement in him. He will shine when playing with the better players.
never gonna be a quality first grade fullback

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters are favorites
my bad, though 5 vs 7 isn't much... lets see how the spreads go when they announcement fergo.

anyone care to take a punt and lock it in at 7? or has the market factored this in?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Souths DO snag Fergo .... looking at the side as a whole... .boy I'd hate to be a woman at their christmas party.... Or for that matter someone with a set of nuts.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watch fergo in his last couple of games for canberra ,he was so dominant,in a different league to everyone else ,him and inglis will be insane but how the fuk can it happen,is there a roosters and sths cap

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch fergo in his last couple of games for canberra ,he was so dominant,in a different league to everyone else ,him and inglis will be insane but how the fuk can it happen,is there a roosters and sths cap
keep in mind that there are third parties endorsements, and with russell and that other bloke backing the club, its easy to see how other kinds of income can be derived.

Put it simply, I don't think Fergo will be on that much, 400k but the third party endorsements are the real plugga.

GI is on 900k a year or something.. the Burgess boys, probably 500k (ex the older one), Isaac probably the same. Sutton, 400k. Keary, **** all cause he is new. Reynolds... he re-signed like last year right? 500k. assuming my understanding that the yearly cap is how much they can spend that YEAR, ala 5 or so odd million, it'll be tight, but they probably aren't breaching.

I mean Russell is probably losing money on this venture, but he is probably throwing some cash at the boys under thinly veiled guises.. shit like extras on his movie, security at parties etc. and yo keep in mind, Barba was only on 350k a year, so you can sort of use that as a good gauge on the calibre of players and their salaries.

I'm more interested in the Broncos.

A

Alexander the Great

We heard the same shit with Jonthan Thurston and they said the same about Barba.

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem nowadays with our club is that we are not breeding or not giving our youngsters a fair go. We in the Junior league have a very strong and successful circle.
We need to invest in our local juniors. In the 80s and 90s our top grade sides fielded approx 75% of local players ( not sure if that was a rule though). These days we are to reliant on BUYING players. Having your local juniors come through the grades should have some meaning and pride in the jersey more than just purchasing non loyal players who only follow the $$$$, not blaming the players as this great game has turned in a BIG BUSINESS.

WE NEED TO INVEST AND BELEIVE IN OUR LOCAL TALENTED JUNIORS MORE.

Status
Not open for further replies.