Bulldogs line up round 3

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Highly likely, understandably Ciraldo is trying to establish combinations and team understandings, I do not agree with some of his selections but all I could say is he must have his reasons.
That's what the off-season is supposed to be for. RL is not that complicated a game, a good coach should be able to get a team working well together over an off-season (Shane Flanagan at Dragons?) and not have to resort to the old excuse that we need 12 rounds to establish combinations, etc.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what the off-season is supposed to be for. RL is not that complicated a game, a good coach should be able to get a team working well together over an off-season (Shane Flanagan at Dragons?) and not have to resort to the old excuse that we need 12 rounds to establish combinations, etc.
The records says Flanagan is a premiership winner,
Who doesn't know his salary cap and drug cheating history,
IMO the same people applauding one performance against a badly under performed Gold Coast will be quick to stab him in the back when he stumbles, specially if he was our coach.
How do you think the media circus would be like if he was our coach ?
Remember St Steelers do have a better balanced roster, better props and a genuine halfback and Ciraldo is a rookie coach, Any true supporter would hope he quickly learns from his mistakes, give him a fair chance and refrain from criticizing him !

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In NSW Cup, Papali'i, Skelton, Samrani, Kautoga, Knight, Patolo and Todd look best. None of them will make much difference at NRL level. Our halves situation will be dire all year. The middle forwards will battle it out to see who is lucky to be playing NRL each week.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what the off-season is supposed to be for. RL is not that complicated a game, a good coach should be able to get a team working well together over an off-season (Shane Flanagan at the Dragons ?) and not have to resort to the old excuse that we need 12 rounds to establish combinations, etc.
I rest my case !

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In NSW Cup, Papali'i, Skelton, Samrani, Kautoga, Knight, Patolo and Todd look best. None of them will make much difference at NRL level. Our halves situation will be dire all year. The middle forwards will battle it out to see who is lucky to be playing NRL each week.
Then we need more from our 1, 6 and 9. We can carry a 1 star 7, if we can get more out of them. Fucken long season ahead. Need to kill the titans and win the following week otherwise any hopes of moving up the table (forget about the 8) will be up in smoke.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez I thought he was the next best forward coming through .
At 22 and a year off he is far from done.

A couple of games under his belt hopefully we see Chris back in the top grade soon.

Hoping by round 10 CC has these guys to pick from for 4 spots.

Mann
Hughes
Sutto
Patolo

Poasa
Tetz
Salmon
Kautoga
Edwards
Morrin

King, Knight and Curran to start.

Wish we started the season like that.

MattD

New Pup
Reaction score
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Kautoga
16. Hughes
17. Salmon

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think our season will be over by Easter?
possibly. We showed some serious defence last week but sadly taafe and hutch aren’t up to scratch. Ciro wont change and I’ve been bagging him for it but he’s also tightened up all the edges and the middle. Credit is due there.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year will be the same, we're basically waiting for Mitchell Woods to come through.
Wow. Ok. So we tread water and hope and pray an 18 year old will deliver the goods in what 2-3 years minimum?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our social pages are going off with discontent re Ciro. Even after all this club has endured, I can't remember a time where there's been literally hundreds and hundreds of disparaging comments on his team selections :(

Lots of supporters upset.

We need a win on Saturday.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our social pages are going off with discontent re Ciro. Even after all this club has endured, I can't remember a time where there's been literally hundreds and hundreds of disparaging comments on his team selections :(

Lots of supporters upset.

We need a win on Saturday.
I'm far from his biggest fan but geez at this point I think we just have to suck it up give him another 2 years. Who replaces him? Just going around in circles...