Bulldogs likely to be cleared of 14th man claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are expected to be cleared of a suggestion they broke the interchange rules and temporarily fielded a 14th man against Penrith on Saturday, when the NRL studies video of the final stages of the game today.
Fox Sports' live coverage of the game sparked controversy when the commentary team speculated that five-eighth Ben Roberts had gone on to the field without a player immediately coming off. Roberts scored a try shortly after to tie the game at 26-26, and winger Hazem El Masri kicked the conversion to give the Bulldogs a 28-26 win.
The speculation began as a tip from Fox Sports staff member at ground level. Later that night, during the post-match summary of the game for Fox Sports News and after some scrutiny of the video, commentators played down the suggestion of an unlawful interchange. Footage is understood to show the player Roberts replaced - second-rower Andrew Ryan - leaving the field on the far side of the ground at the same time.
But the fire had already been lit, and NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley yesterday began an investigation.
"I've spoken to all of the different people involved - the Fox Sports commentators and floor manager, the ground manager and the interchange official," he said. "But we can't make a final judgment until we get access to all of the video footage tomorrow."
Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg said: "I think it will all be cleared up tomorrow."

Greg Prichard

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/dogs-likely-to-be-cleared/2009/03/22/1237656770451.html

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait til this BS blows over - so sick of hearing about it.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget the main purson who brought up the allegations Lol

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody G Alexander..what a head case..needs fox to kick his arse for starting issues ...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
as long as we get cleared thats all that matters

T

Toro

I can't wait til this BS blows over - so sick of hearing about it.
Well it's got people calling us "The 14-man Cheaters" ... along with our already-famous "Salary Cap Cheats"...

They'll keep milking this one for as long as they can... anything to make our club look bad.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
because its the bulldogs everyone jumps up & down about it

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL should clamp down on the media. This is another example of some dope at Fox Sports trying to be a smart arse. The NRL should simply say the game is run by the officials not the media and if no official reported anything then the matter is dead. Full stop. Its clear than fans love getting back to the referees to manage the game and making the decisions. Fox Sports shoyuld be told to cover the game and leave it at that.

L

loui323

Bloody G Alexander..what a head case..needs fox to kick his arse for starting issues ...
I hate that stuff too... it was like the footy show last year when chief always spoke about the Knights now alexander wants to root for the panthers sore looser...

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Herald: "NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley yesterday began an investigation.
"I've spoken to all of the different people involved - the Fox Sports commentators and floor manager, the ground manager and the interchange official," he said. "But we can't make a final judgment until we get access to all of the video footage tomorrow."

What the hell. There is only one person that Annesley needed to talk to and that is the interchange official. Tell the rest to bugger off!

I

I R Cookie

The NRL should clamp down on the media. This is another example of some dope at Fox Sports trying to be a smart arse. The NRL should simply say the game is run by the officials not the media and if no official reported anything then the matter is dead. Full stop. Its clear than fans love getting back to the referees to manage the game and making the decisions. Fox Sports shoyuld be told to cover the game and leave it at that.
But then wheres the money going to be made???!

robdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the Herald: "NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley yesterday began an investigation.

What the hell. There is only one person that Annesley needed to talk to and that is the interchange official. Tell the rest to bugger off!
Totally agree. Whats next, the idiots be comming in trying to ref the game.Media stick to your job,broadcast the fkin game.Stop looking for faults and flaws clowns.scanning the place with your fine tooth combs.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffs why are people bumping this thread now!

Status
Not open for further replies.